As regular readers know, Sara just celebrated her birthday a few days ago.
I’m sure you join me in wishing her a wonderful 43rd year full of great happiness and enough brilliant memories to fill her website for the next decade.
I happen to be exactly 5 months and 2 weeks older than Mrs. Borgstede, so I always feel a responsibility to warn her of what lies ahead.
As a courtesy not only to Sara but to all of our wonderful readers, I thought I’d share with you the undeniable signs that old age is upon you.
For those of you who have already experienced one or more of these items below, I’ll be keeping you in my prayers. And for those awful few of you who are too young to understand any of this, well, just wait.
10 Undeniable Signs You’re Getting Old
- From the bridge of the nose up, you have started to bear a striking resemblance to Wilford Brimley.
- Movies that were made in your lifetime are now referred to as either old-fashioned or classic.
- It has become impossible for you to get in and out of bed, or even a chair, without making some kind of audible noise.
- You have noticed many of your sentences beginning with either “Them durned kids…” or “When I was your age…”.
- You know every weatherperson on the Weather Channel by name and can give the price of gas at any station within a 50 miles radius.
- More things are starting to fall and less things are starting to get up.
- You confuse the Pokemon fellow that is so popular these days with the Pillsbury Doughboy.
- The salt that is being removed from your diet by doctor’s orders can be found in your hair.
- The snaps, crackles, and pops from your Rice Krispies are getting drowned out by the snaps, crackles, and pops from your knees.
- You hesitate publishing this blog because you’re beginning to wonder if maybe you’ve already done it before.