Are you ready to lose weight and feel great this fall? The Holy Mess Fall Weight Loss Challenge 2023 is September 1-30, 2023. Enrollment opens August 17, 2023.
Email us [email protected] to be added to the waiting list for the next challenge.
If you already joined the challenge, scroll down because the welcome video and all the important details are below.
The Summer Weight Loss Challenge we hosted was a fantastic experience and the participants begged us to repeat it again soon. Over 200 women joined the group and lost an incredible 700+ pounds in just 30 days.
Information below is for those already enrolled in the Fall Challenge.
- Step 1: Watch the Welcome Video.
- Step 2: Complete the Getting Started Checklist
- Step 3: Review What the Challenge Includes
- Bonus! Christian Weight Loss Guide (Gift from Faithful Finish Lines)
- Need Another Copy of the Printable Action Guide?
- Find the Facebook Group
- Important Challenge Dates
- How to Use the Weekly Checklist
- The Holy Mess Fall Weight Loss Kit (Order Upgrade)
- Want a Meal Plan?
- Contact Sara
You’ve joined the challenge. Congratulations. You are IN! Welcome to the fall weight loss challenge that is October 1-31, 2022. Here’s what you need to know to get started. Watch the welcome video (below) and then complete the getting started checklist.
Step 1: Watch the Welcome Video.
Picture yourself lighter by the end of October and going into the holiday season confident of maintaining your weight loss success.
The Holy Mess Fall Weight Loss Challenge will give you…
- the accountability to stick to your weight loss goals.
- the motivation to enjoy this fall season lighter than ever.
- the encouragement of a supportive group of women just like you.
You can do this. I know weight loss feels overwhelming at times, but don’t lose heart. This challenge is just 31 days so it’s the perfect amount of time for a refresh. You’ll create new habits that will stick & help you get to your goal weight sooner.
Plus, you’ll head into the holiday season feeling confident that you can maintain the weight you’ve lost.
Step 2: Complete the Getting Started Checklist
Print the Fall Challenge Action Guide. Within an hour after you sign up, you received an email from a company called Send Owl that has the link for you to download the printable Action Guide. If you haven’t received it, check your spam. If you still don’t receive it, click here to have another copy sent to you. You may also email us [email protected] for help.
Before the challenge begins (or as soon as you join), complete these steps so you are ready to go. This will set you up for the ultimate weight loss success!
- Watch Sara’s welcome video, above.
- Print the Action Guide.
- Mark your calendar with challenge dates.
- Join the Facebook group.
- Choose a food tracker such as My Fitness Pal, Weight Watchers, or a paper journal.
- Buy healthy groceries.
- Clean up your kitchen by stocking healthy foods & hiding or throwing away junk food.
Step 3: Review What the Challenge Includes
The Weight Loss Challenge includes daily and weekly activities.
Here are the activities you are expected to do each day in October for this challenge:
- Track your food. Stay within your daily calorie or points range. Use an app like My Fitness Pal or Weight Watchers. A paper food journal works, too, but you must include calories or points. If you are feeling stuck or overwhelmed about what to eat, use The Holy Mess 7 Day Easy Meal Plan or The Holy Mess Super Satisfied Meal Plan.
- Check in EVERY evening in the Facebook group. Share a photo or type out your daily food log every single night before you go to bed. The daily post goes live at 6:00 PM EST. Please post ONLY in the day’s post for this purpose. (See below for a video for help with this.)
- Eat 2+ cups of vegetables. Include at least 2 cups of fresh produce per day.
- Drink 3+ cups water. Only plain or plain sparkling water counts as water.
- Move 10+ minutes. Move your body in some way for 10 minutes each day. Walk, swim, or do a workout video. If you can’t get up, do a chair workout with your arms. All activity counts for this, including cleaning your house or gardening. If you already exercise, add 10 minutes more.
- Stress relief activity for 15+ minutes. Journal, pray, knit, read a magazine, soak in a bath or do something for yourself. This is a required part of the challenge.
How do I Share Daily Check-Ins in the Facebook Group?
One of the most valuable features of this challenge is the opportunity for accountability with DAILY check ins in the Facebook group. You’ll be sharing a photo, screen shot, or typed description of your daily food log.
Each day in the Facebook group, you’ll see a daily check in post starting at 6:00 PM EST. Post your food log for the day in the comments of the post.
It’s very important that you share your food log ONLY in the comments of the daily post. The reason for this is that if 300+ women share their food logs as a new post in the group, the group gets very cluttered with food log posts and we can’t see the other important information.
When you share your food log, this is a photo or written record of what you ate that day.
Here are the ways to share your daily food log (Choose any method that is easiest for you):
- Take a screen shot with your phone of the app you used to track your food. Here is a video that explains how to take a screen shot with an iPhone or Android.
- Take a screen shot with your computer. Here is how to take a screen shot with a laptop.
- Take a photo of a written food log. (If you keep your food log in a written journal, also include calories for items you eat and total calories for the day.)
- Take photos of your plate for each meal and snack. (If you track with food photos, also include calories for items you eat and total calories for the day.)
- Type out what you ate that day in the comments of the Facebook post.
- Tip: You may need to share more than one photo per day. That is fine.
- Tip: If you need further assistance with how to share your food log, email us at [email protected] and we will help you.
- Watch the weekly live video with Sara. Videos are every Monday night at 7:00 PM EST in the Facebook group. During the Summer Challenge, many members said these videos were the high point of the whole experience. Get personalized expert advice from someone who has been maintaining a 100+ pound weight loss for almost two decades and has led thousands of women to achieving their goals. If you can’t attend live, a replay is available. Be sure to have your Fall Printable Action Guide handy during the videos, because we will complete some of the worksheets together.
- Weigh-in every Saturday. Share your results (+ or -, not your actual weight unless you want to) in the Facebook group. Weigh-in posts goes live every Saturday at 6:00 AM EST.
Bonus! Christian Weight Loss Guide (Gift from Faithful Finish Lines)
As an optional bonus gift, you received a printable Christian Weight Loss Action Guide.
This guide is an exclusive gift that is only available to Fall Challenge participants. It provides you with a Bible verse, mini-devotion, and reflection question for each day of the challenge. If desired, use these as one of the “Other” selections on your weekly checklist.
This is a free gift from Faithful Finish Lines, which is the online Christian weight loss program Sara runs together with her business partner, Becky. Learn more about Faithful Finish Lines here.
Exclusive Bonus for Fall Challenge Members – 50% off First Month of FFL Membership
After you complete the Fall Weight Loss Challenge, you may be asking yourself…Now what? How do I keep the weight loss going?
We invite you to join us in the Faithful Finish Lines membership program where we give you even more weekly support, Biblical weight loss guidance, and practical weight loss guidance.
Sign up by October 31 & get 50% off your first month of membership when you click this link to join.
Need Another Copy of the Printable Action Guide?
If you need more help, email us [email protected].
Find the Facebook Group
Click here to join the Fall 2022 The Holy Mess Weight Loss Challenge Facebook Group.
The group is private. Only other people in the challenge will be able to see what you post. This group is exclusive to those who are in the challenge. No one else will be allowed to join.
Note: It may take a day or two to be approved for the group. We individually approve group members to be sure only those who join the challenge are allowed in. Thank you in advance for your patience.
This is a “pop-up” group which means it will only be open for the challenge. For ongoing weight loss support, join The Holy Mess Diet Challenge Group.
Important Challenge Dates
Mark your calendar with these important dates.
Early Bird Bonus Video
- Monday, September 26 – Bonus video as Early Bird Registration free gift, 7:00 PM EST
Week 1: October 1-7
- Saturday, October 1 – Challenge begins! Take a starting weight.
- Monday, October 3 – Live video with Sara, 7:00 PM EST
Week 2: October 8-14
- Saturday, October 8 – Weigh-in #1
- Monday, October 10 – Live video with Sara, 7:00 PM EST
Week 3: October 15-21
- Saturday, October 15 – Weigh-in #2
- Monday, October 17 – Live video with Sara, 7:00 PM EST
Week 4: October 22-28
- Saturday, October 22 – Weigh-in #3
- Monday, October 24 – Live video with Sara, 7:00 PM EST
Wrap Up: October 29-31
- Saturday, October 29 – Weigh-in #4
- Monday, October 31 – Challenge ends! Take a final weight. (No video due to Halloween.)
How to Use the Weekly Checklist
Your printable Fall Action Plan has a checklist for each week of the challenge. It looks like this:
Here are helpful tips for how to use the Weekly Checklist for this challenge:
- Put a checkmark or color in each box as you complete the daily activities. (Doesn’t it feel good to add those checkmarks!?)
- Track food – Track food in a smart phone app like WW, My Fitness Pal, or Lose It. You may also track in a paper journal but if you do so, you must also track calories.
- Check with the Facebook group – Part of the accountability of this challenge is DAILY check-ins. Yes, you are expected to check in EVERY day and share a copy of your food log. The daily check in post goes live at 6:00 PM EST. You can share a photo, screen shot, or type out what you ate that day.
- Stay within your calories or points – WW or My Fitness Pal will give you a set calorie range for the day. Use their system to determine your daily points or calorie allowance. (If you are tracking on paper, here is a calculator to determine your daily calorie need.) Your goal is to stay within your daily calorie allowance every day.
- Include some treats. The goal is not “perfect” but learning to lose weight while actually enjoying your life. Eat mostly healthy food and enjoy some treats or junk food, too. Figure out create ways to work them into your daily calorie or points allowance.
- Eat 2+ cups vegetables or fruit – Enjoy at least 2 cups of produce each day, raw or cooked, fresh, frozen, or canned are fine. More is better but that is your minimum. Try to pick options without added sugar.
- Drink 3+ cups of water a day – Only plain and sparkling water counts as water. A cup is 8 ounces. You can drink other things (hello, coffee) but it doesn’t count toward your 3 cups.
- Move 10+ minutes a day – Get your body moving for 10 minutes of activity like walking, gardening, or an exercise video. If you can’t move much, do a chair workout. If you already exercise regularly, add 10 minutes to your workout or do 10 extra minutes of walking. Any movement counts including house cleaning, gardening, or shopping. More is great, but 10 minutes per day is your minimum.
- Stress relief for 15+ minutes – Read, journal, pray, stretch, take a bath, or do some other stress-relieving activity just for you to relax and unwind. This is required for each day of the challenge and it is not optional. Part of weight loss is learning to manage stress without turning to food.
- Other – Warning! Proceed with caution! We gave you space here to add a couple other SMALL daily goals if you want to. These sections are optional and are good for someone who needs to follow a special diet or has some other personal goal they are working on. DO NOT add too much more. The temptation is add a bunch more stuff, but resist the temptation because you’ll get overwhelmed and quit. You can add the daily Bible reading and mini-devotions from the bonus Christian Weight Loss guide to this section if you’d like.
- Weigh in – We weight in every Saturday. The green boxes mean you get to skip those days. If you want to weigh in daily that’s your choice, but once a week on Saturdays is all that’s required.
- Watch weekly video – Sara will be live in the Facebook group every Monday of the challenge at 7:00 PM EST. We’ll talk about stress eating, night eating, menopause, emotional eating and managing the holidays. If you can’t watch live, a replay will be available, but come live if you can because the interaction is really fun. During the Summer Challenge, many members said these videos were the BEST part of the challenge, so don’t miss them.
- Reflection – At the end of each week, answer the questions to reflect on your progress. The last week, you’ll reflect on your experience for the whole month and make plans for how to keep the weight loss going moving forward.
The Holy Mess Fall Weight Loss Kit (Order Upgrade)
Upgrade your Challenge experience by adding The Holy Mess Fall Weight Loss Kit for an additional $12.99. Click here to order.
While this kit is optional, you’re going to want a copy because it includes:
- 12 Easy Fall Weight Loss Breakfasts
- 4 Brand-New Fall Recipes
- 15 Fall Weight Loss Lunches & Dinners
- 10 Ways to Use Powdered Peanut Butter
- 20 Fall Weight Loss Snacks & Desserts
- 10 Yummy Ways to Use Leftover Canned Pumpkin
- How to Build a High-Protein Weight Loss Parfait
- 20 Quick & Easy Holiday Weight Loss Tips
- 20 Delicious Ways to Eat More Beans for Weight Loss
- 7 Fall Weight Loss Motivational Quotes
Want a Meal Plan?
During this challenge, no one type of food is required and no type of food is off limits. You are welcome to choose any foods as long as they fit within your daily calorie (or points) budget.
Do you have a question or concern that wasn’t addressed here? Contact me at: [email protected].