The Summer Weight Loss Challenge has ended. Click here for information about the Fall Weight Loss Challenge.
Congratulations. You are IN! Welcome to the summer weight loss challenge that is June 1-30, 2022. Here’s what you need to know to get started. Watch the welcome video (below) and then complete the getting started checklist.
(If you haven’t signed up for the challenge yet, you can do that here.)
- Step 1: Watch the Welcome Video
- Step 2: Getting Started Checklist
- Step 3: Here's What the Challenge Includes
- Need Another Copy of the Printable Action Guide?
- Find the Facebook Group
- Important Challenge Dates
- How to Use the Weekly Checklist
- The Holy Mess Summer Weight Loss Kit (Order Upgrade)
- Want a Meal Plan?
- Contact Sara
Step 1: Watch the Welcome Video
Picture Yourself Lighter by the End of June
Picture yourself at the end of June.
- Lighter – You followed the action plan and you’ve lost weight. You’re closer to your goal and feeling accomplished.
- Healthier – You’ve been eating fresh, whole foods (with treats along the way) and your body feels strong and energized.
- Happier – You are proud of what you’ve accomplished and the success you’ve achieved. Yes, it was challenging but you know you can repeat it in the days to come.
Stick with me during The Holy Mess Summer Weight Loss Challenge and those are the results you will achieve. Focus on the steps outlined in this Action Guide and ONLY focus on these steps. Weight loss overwhelm is real, so don’t do more or less than what is outlined.
Step 2: Getting Started Checklist
A printable version of this checklist is in your Summer Challenge Action Guide. Within an hour after you sign up, you will receive an email from a company called Send Owl that has the link for you to download the printable Action Guide. If you haven’t received it, check your spam. If you still don’t receive it, click here to have another copy sent to you.
Before the challenge begins, complete these steps so you are ready to go. This will set you up for the ultimate weight loss success!
- Watch Sara’s welcome video, above.
- Print the Action Guide.
- Mark your calendar with challenge dates.
- Join the Facebook group.
- Choose a food tracker such as My Fitness Pal, Weight Watchers, or a paper journal.
- Buy healthy groceries.
- Clean up your kitchen by stocking healthy foods & hiding or throwing away junk food.
Step 3: Here’s What the Challenge Includes
Here are the activities you are expected to do each day in June for this challenge:
- Track your food. Stay within your daily calorie or points range. Use an app like My Fitness Pal or Weight Watchers. A paper food journal works, too, but you must include calories or points. If you are feeling stuck or overwhelmed about what to eat, use The Holy Mess 7 Day Easy Meal Plan or The Holy Mess Super Satisfied Meal Plan.
- Check in EVERY evening in the Facebook group. Share a photo or type out your daily food log every single night before you go to bed. The daily post goes live at 6:00 PM EST.
- Eat 2+ cups of vegetables. Include at least 2 cups of fresh produce per day.
- Drink 3+ cups water. Only plain or plain sparkling water counts as water.
- Move 10+ minutes. Move your body in some way for 10 minutes each day. Walk, swim, or do a workout video. If you can’t get up, do a chair workout with your arms. If you already exercise, add 10 minutes more.
- Stress relief activity for 15+ minutes. Journal, pray, knit, read a magazine, soak in a bath or do something for yourself. This is a required part of the challenge.
Each day in the Facebook group, you’ll see a daily check in post starting at 6:00 PM EST. Post your food log for the day in the comments. You can take a screen shot (such as if you use an app like My Fitness Pal or WW) or you can type what you ate. If you take a screen shot, you’ll probably need to take more than one.
- Watch the weekly live video with Sara. Videos are every Monday night at 7:00 PM EST in the Facebook group where I’ll answer your weight loss questions. Ask me anything! Get personalized expert advice from someone who has been maintaining a 100+ pound weight loss for almost two decades and has led thousands of women to achieving their goals. If you can’t attend live, a replay is available.
- Weigh-in every Wednesday. Share your results (+ or -, not your actual weight unless you want to) in the Facebook group. Weigh-in post goes live every Wednesday at 6:00 AM EST.
Tune in for the weekly videos with Sara and get your weight loss questions answered.
Need Another Copy of the Printable Action Guide?
If you need more help, email us [email protected].
Find the Facebook Group
Click here to join the Summer 2022 The Holy Mess Weight Loss Challenge Facebook Group.
The group is private. Only other people in the challenge will be able to see what you post. This group is exclusive to those who are in the challenge. No one else will be allowed to join.
This is a “pop-up” group which means it will only be open for the challenge. For ongoing weight loss support, join The Holy Mess Diet Challenge Group.
Important Challenge Dates
Mark your calendar with these important dates.
Week 1: June 1-7
- Wednesday, June 1 – Challenge begins! Take a starting weight.
- Monday, June 6 – Live Video with Sara, 7:00 PM EST
Week 2: June 8-14
- Wednesday, June 8 – Weigh-in #1
- Monday, June 13 – Live Video with Sara, 7:00 PM EST
Week 3: June 15-21
- Wednesday, June 15 – Weigh-in #2
- Monday, June 20– Live Video with Sara, 7:00 PM EST
Week 4: June 22-28
- Wednesday, June 22 – Weigh-in #3
- Monday, June 27– Live Video with Sara, 7:00 PM EST
Wrap Up: June 29-30
- Wednesday, June 29 – Weigh-in #4 (final)
- Thursday, June 30 – Final day of challenge
How to Use the Weekly Checklist
Your printable Summer Action Plan has a checklist for each week of the challenge. It looks like this:
Here are helpful tips for how to use the Weekly Checklist for this challenge:
- Put a checkmark or color in each box as you complete the daily activities. (Doesn’t it feel good to add those checkmarks!?)
- Track food – Track food in a smart phone app like WW, My Fitness Pal, or Lose It. You may also track in a paper journal but if you do so, you must also track calories.
- Check with the Facebook group – Part of the accountability of this challenge is DAILY check-ins. Yup, you are expected to check in every day and share a copy of your food log. The daily check in post goes live at 6:00 PM. You can share a photo, screen shot, or type out what you ate that day.
- Stay within your calories or points – WW or My Fitness Pal will give you a set calorie range for the day. Use their system to determine your daily points or calorie allowance. (If you are tracking on paper, here is a calculator to determine your daily calorie need.) Your goal is to stay within your daily calorie allowance every day.
- Eat 2+ cups vegetables or fruit – Enjoy at least 2 cups of produce each day, raw or cooked, fresh, frozen, or canned are fine. More is better but that is your minimum. Try to pick options without added sugar.
- Drink 3+ cups of water a day – Only plain and sparkling water counts as water. A cup is 8 ounces. You can drink other things (hello, coffee) but it doesn’t count toward your 3 cups.
- Move 10+ minutes a day – Get your body moving for 10 minutes of activity like walking, gardening, or an exercise video. If you can’t move much, do a chair workout. If you already exercise regularly, add 10 minutes to your workout or do 10 extra minutes of walking. More is great, but 10 minutes per day is your minimum.
- Stress relief for 15+ minutes – Read, journal, pray, stretch, take a bath, or do some other stress-relieving activity just for you to relax and unwind. This is required for each day of the challenge and it is not optional. Part of weight loss is learning to manage stress without turning to food.
- Other – Warning! Proceed with caution! I gave you space here to add a couple other SMALL daily goals if you want to. These sections are optional and is good for someone who needs to follow a special diet or has some other personal goal they are working on. DO NOT add too much more. The temptation is add a bunch more stuff, but resist the temptation because you’ll get overwhelmed and quit. I can tell you that I will NOT be using the “other” sections myself. (I’ll just color in all those boxes so they don’t bug me. 😁)
- Weigh in – We weight in every Wednesday. The green boxes mean you get to skip those days. If you want to weigh in daily that’s your choice, but once a week on Wednesdays is all that’s required.
- Watch weekly video – I’ll be live in the Facebook group every Monday of the challenge at 7:00 PM EST. This is your chance to get your weight loss questions answered. We’ll talk about stress eating, night eating, menopause, or whatever else you want to ask me about. I’m an open book – we can talk about loose skin, constipation, how weight loss affects your sex life or anything else you want to ask me. If you can’t watch live, a replay will be available, but come live if you can because the interaction is really fun. Plus, this is a special perk of joining so take advantage of it.
- Reflection – At the end of each week, answer the questions to reflect on your progress. The last week, you’ll reflect on your experience for the whole month and make plans for how to keep the weight loss going moving forward.
The Holy Mess Summer Weight Loss Kit (Order Upgrade)
Upgrade your Summer Weight Loss Challenge by adding The Holy Mess Summer Weight Loss Kit for an additional $12.99. Click here to order.
While this kit is optional, you’re going to want a copy because it includes:
- 15 Summer Weight Loss Breakfasts
- All New Summer Recipes
- 15 Summer Weight Loss Lunches
- 15 Summer Weight Loss Dinners
- 20 Summer Weight Loss Snacks
- 15 Summer Weight Loss Desserts
- Healthy Summer Beverages
- 30 Healthy Road Trip Snacks
- 20 Ways to Eat More Fruit
- Summer Weight Loss Motivation Quotes
Click here to get your Summer Weight Loss Kit now.
Want a Meal Plan?
During this challenge, no food is required and no food is off limits. You are welcome to choose any foods as long as they fit within your daily calorie (or points) budget.
Do you have a question or concern that wasn’t addressed here. Contact me at: [email protected].