Are you ready for a delicious, filling breakfast that will keep you going and still tastes amazing? This Weight Watchers Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal recipe is sure to be what you need.
With just 4 points per serving, you’ll enjoy a satisfying breakfast and still have plenty of points left for the remainder of your day.
Instant Pot Oatmeal
Why cook oatmeal in your Instant Pot?
One of the biggest benefits of cooking oatmeal in your Instant Pot is that you don’t have to watch it or worry about it overflowing. Dump in your ingredients and push start, then you can go get dressed or get the kids ready for school.
If you are putting your oatmeal in a casserole dish (aka the “pot in pot” method), it’s even easier because you can keep the oatmeal mixture in the fridge overnight and just pop it into the Instant Pot in the morning.
Note – if you casserole dish is cold plan on a few more minutes for the recipe to come to pressure.
Cooking for yourself? No problem. You can make this oatmeal and separate it into individual servings to enjoy throughout the week.
This recipe calls for quick oats, which are cut smaller than old-fashioned or rolled oats. You can substitute old-fashioned oats but I would recommend increasing the cooking time to 7-8 minutes. The texture will be a bit more chewy compared to quick oats.
How to Make Instant Pot Quick Oats
Here’s a quick tutorial for how to make quick oat oatmeal in your Instant Pot:
- Spray inside of Instant Pot inner pot with cooking spray.
- Alternately, pour 1 cup of water into Instant Pot. Add trivet. This is for the pot-in-pot method.
- Spray inside of casserole dish. Place casserole dish on top of trivet.
- Add 2 cups quick oats and 4 cups liquid. Mix.
- Set Instant Pot to “manual” and 5 minutes. You can also use the “porridge” setting.
- Quick release and serve.
Weight Watchers Points for Instant Pot Oatmeal
This recipe yields 6 – 3/4 cup servings that are 4 points each.
If dividing into 4 servings, this oatmeal is 6 points each and each serving would be a generous cup.
Instant Pot Oatmeal Mix-Ins
Take your oatmeal bowl to the next level with these mix-ins. Just be sure to add the WW Freestyle points accordingly.
Chia seeds – 2 points per 1 T of seeds. I recommend adding 4T of seeds to the entire recipe. Add an extra 1/2 cup water or milk because Chia seeds absorb liquid. I love adding Chia seeds to oatmeal because they make it so filling. Add these before cooking.
1 T chocolate chips – 3 points. Yum! Try mini-chocolate chips so it feels like you are getting more.
1 T natural peanut butter – 3 points.
Premier Protein – Want to increase the protein? Cut almond milk down to 3 cups and add 1 carton chocolate Premier Protein instead.
Banana – 0 points. Top with sliced banana or mash banana and mix in.
How to Meal Prep Oatmeal
This recipe is great for meal prep of a week’s worth of breakfasts. Divide into 6 individual containers and you’ll have breakfast ready for the week.
When reheating, add a splash of water or almond milk. Cook 1 minute in microwave, stir, cook an additional 30 seconds.
Ingredients for Instant Pot WW Freestyle Oatmeal
Ingredients for this WW Freestyle oatmeal are:
- Quick oats
- Chocolate Almond Breeze
Weight Watchers Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipe
You’ll love this delicious Weight Watchers breakfast recipe, and it’s extra fast and easy when you use your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Weight Watchers Instant Pot Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- 2 cups quick oats
- 4 cups unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze
- 4 T PB2 powdered peanut butter
- Mix ins optional - natural peanut butter, chocolate chips
- Spray inside of Instant Pot with cooking spray.
- Alternatively, add 1 cup of water to bottom of Instant Pot and add trivet to pot.
- Mix together quick oats, almond milk, and PB2. Stir until combined and PB2 is dissolved.
- Add oatmeal mixture directly into Instant Pot, or alternatively pour into a casserole dish and place on top of the trivet inside the pot.
- Pour oats and milk mixture into pot.
- Set pressure valve to seal and cook on "manual" for 5 minutes.
- Quick release and serve.
- If desired, stir in additional peanut butter or chocolate chips, but add WW points accordingly.
This recipe is so versatile that you can swap the flavors and mix-ins to never get bored. Try chocolate cherry with thawed frozen cherries or vanilla blueberry next time for a delicious variety.
What’s your favorite Weight Watchers breakfast recipe?
More Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
Do you love using your Instant Pot to make Weight Watchers recipes? Check out these favorites.
More Weight Watchers Recipes
Pin this WW Freestyle Breakfast Recipe for Later
Free Weight Watchers Hacks!
Lose weight faster!
*Low point snacks & recipes to keep you full and satisfied.
*The best foods to eat when you are following the WW program.
*Tips & insider tricks to make following the Weight Watchers program easier and more enjoyable.