This Raspberry Jello Salad is a Borgstede/Schultz family tradition for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and any other time we have an excuse to make it. The ingredients for the topping sound unusual, but trust me, it’s yummy!
The original salad calls for sour cream but I’ve substituted plain Greek yogurt with little taste difference. I’m all for attempting a clean eating version but haven’t figured that out yet. Any ideas?
We make a low-protein version for Zack by leaving off the topping and putting plain marshmallows on his.
Raspberry Jello Salad
- Topping: note: must be made the day before!
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Take out frozen raspberries and put in refrigerator to thaw.
- Jello layer:
- 1 large box raspberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 16 oz applesauce
- 2 10 oz boxes frozen raspberries. Can also use 2 bags.
- Night before: Combine Greek yogurt and marshmallows and refrigerate overnight.
- Dissolve jello in water. Add raspberries and applesauce. Pour into 9x13 glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.
- The day of serving: Whip topping mixture with mixer until smooth. Spread over jello layer.