The Holy Mess
Finding Balance for Faith, Family & Fitness
“The Holy Mess.”
Do you ever feel like holy mess is an accurate description of your life?
Life is chaotic. Life is messy and crazy-difficult.
Life is achingly beautiful.
I wouldn’t want my life to be any other way.
God meets you in the middle of your messes, bringing peace and refreshment when you slow down and experience His presence.
Finding Balance for Faith, Family & Fitness.
Women are the heart of our home, wouldn’t you agree?
When you are doing well, your family does well. When you freak out, your family freaks out.
We’ve all been there.
I love helping women find balance, reduce stress, and improve their health.
Balance begins right in the center of the Holy Mess — with you and your relationship with God.
Please join the adventure. Are you compassionate, faithful, and somewhat messy? Then you’ve come to the right place.
Join 10,000+ other women to receive weekly motivational tips to become stronger, healthier, and have more fun in your life starting today. (No spam ever, I promise.)
Out of Balance
Ten years ago, my life was completely out of balance. I was 100 lbs overweight, giving to everyone, and running myself and my health into the ground. I hit rock bottom physically and emotionally. I started on the journey of losing the weight for good.
Before and After I Lost 100 Pounds
Despite completing 5Ks, ½ marathons, over 50 triathlons of various lengths, century (100 mile) bike rides, and one very long, very hot but amazing 70.3 ½ Ironman, I’m not competitive or especially athletic.
I’m a real person doing some pretty amazing things with God’s help.
We live in Tonawanda, New York with our completely cool, keep-us-on-our-toes 5 kids: Rebekah, Kiersten, Josiah, Paul, and Zack, and our weird cats who eat potato chips.
We were foster parents for 6 years to 35 foster children, mostly medically fragile babies. I’m a mom — birth, adoptive, special needs. Mike and I estimate we’ve changed approximately 10,000+ diapers over the last 18 years.
Yeah…that’s a lot of baby poop.
I have lots of experience caring for children with special needs, and I share it on my blog on a regular basis.
So, what does all this mean for you?
- I am a real person. I’ve lost weight but I’m not a health and fitness guru. I’m not skinny (but if you want to tell me I look good, we can be new best friends). I am healthy and I can walk/run or bike for a really long time. Or talk. I’m especially good at talking. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, rock climbing dates with my husband, playing Boggle with my kids, and peanut butter cups.
- I get it. Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes life is awesome. For years my life was incredibly out of balance and I said “yes” to too much and “no” to myself way too often. Your life has its own type of mess. It might look different from mine, but we all have our hodge podge.
- I would love to talk to you! Comment on a blog post or join me on Facebook |Instagram|Pinterest. Do you have a group or event that needs a speaker? I’ve learned steps for finding balance in the holy mess and I’m ready to share them with you. I love people, and I look forward to meeting you!
Check out some of my most popular posts:
- I Offer What I Have
- Zack is Sick Today — How to Live with Fear
- The Wrong Kid — How to Let Go of Unnecessary Guilt
- A Courageous Boy Needs a Brave Mom
- An Adoption Conversation
- This Morning Was Ugly — Parenting Children with Emotional Issues
- For the Mom at the Slide: When Parenting is Frighteningly Hard
- Doors are a Privilege at Our House
- 100 lb Weight Loss: How Did You DO That? (Series)
- 10 Ways to Get Organized for Weight Loss
- Top 5 Absolutely Best Fitness and Weight Loss Planners
- Faithful Fitness (Series)
- Courage Classic, Here I Come (Courage Classic, 2014)
- Depression is a Liar
- Never Say this to Someone Who is Hurting (But Say This Instead)
- The Hope Toolbox: Printable Kit for Depression and Sadness
- Things We Actually Said While Hiking Today
- Things We Actually Said While Camping
- Things We Actually Said While Eating in a Restaurant
Get a Free Bible Journaling Kit Now!
Journaling guide & reading plan give strong faith.