Take the Plant-based for a Day Challenge with The Holy Mess for renewed weight loss, improved health, and increased energy.
- What is the Plant-Based for a Day Challenge?
- Who is the Plant-Based for a Day Challenge For?
- Plant-Based for a Day Challenge Guide + Complete Plant-Based Challenge Made Easy Resource Bundle
- Plant-Based for a Day Meal Plan
- Tropical Blast Oatmeal – Breakfast
- Tex-Mex Breakfast Roll-Ups – Breakfast
- Peachy Berry Garden Salad – Lunch
- Peach Salad Dressing (Oil-Free) – Lunch
- Easy Stir-Fry Rice Bowls – Dinner
- Tex-Mex Bean Dip & Raw Veggie Dippers (Snack 1) – Enjoy Anytime
- Quick Baked Cinnamon Apples (Snack 2) – Enjoy Anytime
- Do you know that you need to eat more fruits and vegetables to help you lose weight or improve your health, but you find it overwhelming?
- Perhaps you would like to include more meatless meals into your family’s routine but you don’t know how to find recipes they will like.
- Do you have health issues or menopause symptoms that hold you back from accomplishing your daily tasks or goals, but you aren’t sure what diet changes will help?
- Are you stuck trying to decide what to eat when there’s Keto, Intermittent Fasting (IF), WW, and so many other programs to choose from?
If this is true for you, today is the day to join the Plant-Based for a Day Diet Challenge. During this one day challenge (a $99 value we are offering for FREE for a limited time) we provide you with everything you need to eat an plant-based meal plan for one day.
Almost all of us would improve our health if we ate more plants. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal disease, prevent illness, or improve how your body functions, eating more vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, and potatoes will get you there.
Consult your doctor to be sure the meal plan is right for you.
What is the Plant-Based for a Day Challenge?
Your challenge is to eat only plants for one day.
Can you go one whole day without eating any animal products? We think you can and we are here to show you the way.
At the end of the plant-based day, you will walk away…
- feeling lighter and fresher.
- invigorated and energetic.
- empowered with heathy recipes.
- inspired with delicious food options that support weight loss and health.
To make the challenge super-easy to follow, we are providing you with:
- A complete one-day menu with breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks. (Dessert included!)
- A grocery shopping list
- Step-by-step instructions for preparing each meal
- A supportive community
All for free!
Click here to join the Plant-Based for a Day Challenge for
Who is the Plant-Based for a Day Challenge For?
This plant-based challenge is for you if…
- you are curious about plant-based eating but haven’t been sure how to get started.
- you want to eat meat but include healthier foods too.
- you want to lose weight with less hunger.
- you have a goal to reverse disease or ease menopause symptoms.
- you want to save money on groceries.
- you want your family to eat healthier but they are hesitant to try plant-based meals.
- you want to improve your digestion or immune function.
Switching to an entirely plant-based way of life can be overwhelming, so why not try out just one day of plant based eating? Almost everyone can give it a try for a couple meals. You just might discover new foods you love.
Plant-Based for a Day Challenge Guide + Complete Plant-Based Challenge Made Easy Resource Bundle
When you join the challenge, we will send your our completely free printable Plant-Based Challenge Guide. This guide gives you the tools you need to follow the challenge successfully.
We also offer The Complete Plant-Based Challenge Made Easy Bundle. While the bundle is optional, we know you are going to want one!
For just a few dollars, you get:
- PLANT-BASED MEAL PLAN + SHOPPING LIST with exactly what to eat for every meal and snack during challenge day. Our shopping list makes it extra-easy to prepare. Plus, we even have a free support group where you can ask Sara any question!
- PLANT-BASED COOKBOOK with step-by-step instructions, photos, WW points* and nutritional information for every recipe in the plan.
- PLANT-BASED RESOURCE GUIDE. Here’s everything you need for the best challenge experience possible like a meal prep guide and tips & tricks for maximum success.
- Bonus! PLANT-BASED COOKBOOK with favorite easy recipes to keep you going when the challenge ends.
Get your copy of The Complete Plant-Based Challenge Made Easy Bundle here.
Plant-Based for a Day Meal Plan
What do I eat? Here is the meal plan to follow on your challenge day.
Tropical Blast Oatmeal
Tex-Mex Breakfast Roll Ups
Peachy Berry Garden Salad
Easy Stir Fry Rice Bowls
Snack One (Enjoy anytime)
Tex-Mex Bean Dip & Raw Veggie Dippers
Snack Two (Enjoy anytime)
Quick Baked Cinnamon Apples
Plant-Based for a Day Shopping List
Here is your shopping list. Click here for a printable version of this list.
We recommend you grocery shop on a Saturday. (Choose the day that works best for you, but many people find the challenge works best for them when they grocery shop on Saturday, prep their food on Sunday and do the challenge on a Monday.)
Come to the free challenge Facebook group to share photos of your grocery haul.
- 1 head romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup blueberries, strawberries or raspberries
- 2 cups melon (watermelon, cantaloupe or honeydew)
- 1 large apple
- 1 cup salad vegetables such as cucumber, carrots, celery, peppers (optional)
- 1 bag baby potatoes (any variety)
- 2 cups raw veggies for dipping (carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, etc.)
Dry & Canned Goods
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1 small carton old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 can crushed pineapple in juice (no added sugar)
- 1 bag raw brown rice (may substitute frozen brown rice or brown minute rice)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 bag cauliflower rice (may substitute shredded zucchini)
- 1 bag peach slices
- 1 bag stir fry vegetable blend
- 1 bag shelled edamame or peas
- balsamic vinegar
- lemon juice
- soy sauce, low sodium (or alternative such as coconut aminos)
- approved condiments as desired
Approved Condiments (Optional)
- ketchup (no sugar added if possible)
- vinegars, including balsamic
- seasoning blends without salt, such as Mrs. Dash
- soy sauce or alternative such as coconut aminos, low sodium
Do you have questions about the grocery list? Come and ask in the The Holy Mess Diet Challenge group or email us [email protected].
Plant-Based for a Day Meal Prep Checklist
Complete this quick meal prep the day before the challenge so you are ready to go on the big day. Click here for a printable version of this meal prep guide.
We recommend you meal prep on a Sunday. Come to The Holy Mess Weight Loss Challenge group to share photos of your meal prep and get other helpful meal prep tips.
This easy plant-based meal prep only takes 20 minutes and will set you up for success the day of the challenge.
- Read the meal plan.
- Cook baby potatoes according to package directions by microwaving, boiling, or oven- or air-fryer roasting the potatoes until soft when pricked with a fork. Cool and store.
- Cook ½ cup raw brown rice (which equals about 1 ½ cups cooked) according to package directions. Cool and store. May substitute steamable frozen or minute brown rice.
- Wash, chop and prepare any vegetables for the salad and stir fry.
- Place frozen fruit for oatmeal in the refrigerator to thaw, if using. Slice fruit if using fresh, wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Stir together the peach salad dressing and store in refrigerator.
Plant-Based for a Day Recipes
Here are all the recipes you need for eating plant-based on your challenge day. Click here for a printable cookbook of all these recipes plus 5 bonus recipes for you to to keep the success going strong.
Tropical Blast Oatmeal – Breakfast
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- ¼ cup cauliflower rice – may substitute ¼ cup shredded zucchini if desired for a taste like zucchini bread
- 1/4 cup canned crushed pineapple (no added sugar) + 3 T juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup peach slices
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
Directions: Combine oatmeal and cauliflower rice (or zucchini) in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add pineapple, pineapple juice, and water. Mix well to combine. Microwave on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 minutes; stir.
Top with peaches and serve.
Tex-Mex Breakfast Roll-Ups – Breakfast
- 1/4 cup fat free refried beans
- 2 T salsa
- 1-2 large romaine lettuce leaves
Directions: Combine beans and salsa and cook in the microwave until warm, about 1 minute. Spread on lettuce leaf and roll up like a taco or burrito. Serve with additional salsa for dipping.
Peachy Berry Garden Salad – Lunch
Peachy Berry Garden Salad
- 2-4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
- Optional: 1 cup salad vegetables of choice such as cucumber, sugar snap peas, peppers, tomatoes, radishes, carrots, etc.
Serve salad with 1 1/2 cups cooked baby potatoes.
Peach Salad Dressing (Oil-Free) – Lunch
- ¼ cup peach slices, fresh, canned in juice, or thawed from frozen. If using fresh peaches, remove skin.
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Dash (⅛ tsp) onion powder
- Dash (⅛ tsp) garlic powder
Place peaches into a bowl and mash well with fork. Add other ingredients and stir.
Makes 1 serving but you might not use it all.
May be made in blender for a smoother texture.
Easy Stir-Fry Rice Bowls – Dinner
- 2 cups vegetable stir fry blend (frozen or fresh, pre-chopped)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 T canned, sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame or peas
- 1-2 T soy sauce or alternative
- 2-4 T water if needed
Cook stir fry according to package directions, adding water chestnuts and edamame or peas when cooking. Use water as needed to prevent sticking.
Serve over brown rice and drizzle with soy sauce.
Enjoy with 2 cups melon (cantaloupe, honeydew, or watermelon) on the side.
Tex-Mex Bean Dip & Raw Veggie Dippers (Snack 1) – Enjoy Anytime
- ¼ cup fat-free refried beans
- 2 T salsa
- 2 cups raw vegetables of choice for dipping such as carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, or grape tomatoes
Combine beans and salsa. Serve with veggies for dipping.
Quick Baked Cinnamon Apples (Snack 2) – Enjoy Anytime
- 1 large apple
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Core and slice one apple. Remove skin if desired. Place in microwave-safe bowl with water and cinnamon. Cook in microwave for 3 minutes. Stir. Cook 3 minutes more, watching so it doesn’t overflow.
Plant-Based Challenge Nutritional Information
Breakfast – 393 calories, 82 carbs, 3 fat, 13 protein
Lunch – 477 calories, 112 carbs, 1 fat, 9 protein
Dinner – 377 calories, 76 carbs, 3 fat, 14 protein
Snacks – 271 calories, 70 carbs, 1 fat, 7 protein
Day Total – 1518 calories, 340 carbs, 6 fat, 43 protein
Weight Watchers Points
Get the WW points for each recipe with the click of a button. Click each link and it will take you directly to the WW points in your Weight Watchers app. I’ve already entered the recipe and done the calculation for you.
Click here for WW Points in Tropical Blast Oatmeal.
Click here for WW Points for Tex-Mex Roll-Ups.
Click here for WW Points for Peach Berry Garden Salad with Peach Dressing.
Click here for WW Points for Easy Stir Fry & Brown Rice Bowls.
Track Tex-Mex Bean Dip & Raw Veggie Dippers with the same link as Tex-Mex roll-ups. Add raw veggies that you eat.
Track Quick Baked Cinnamon Apples for 1 large apple.
Green – Breakfast – 5, Lunch – 5 , Dinner – 8, Snacks – 2, Day total – 20
Blue – Breakfast – 3, Lunch – 5 , Dinner – 6 , Snacks – 0, Day total – 14
Purple – Breakfast – 0, Lunch – 1 , Dinner – 0 , Snacks – 0, Day total: 1 point
Bonus Bundle Recipes
WW Points for Crispy Polenta Fries
WW Points for Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone
WW Points for Banana Nice Cream
Nutritional information is approximate. Calculated with My Fitness Pal July, 2021. Weight Watchers points calculated with WW app, 2023. Not associated with WW International. Consult your doctor before using meal plan.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Plant-Based for a Day Challenge
Here are answers to questions we hear most often about the plant-based challenge.
Yes, this meal plan is vegetarian, vegan, Whole Food-Plant Based (WFPB) and does not include added oil or sugar. It is also low sodium.
Yes, you can drink coffee, tea, and any beverages without calories. We recommend avoiding products without artificial sweeteners but it is not a requirement to participate.
One of the huge benefits of a plant-based eating style is that you get a lot of food for a small amount of calories. Only eat to gentle fullness. You do not have to eat it all.
If you are physically hungry, eat! This meal plan is written for the average fairly sedentary adult female, but your needs may vary. Increase portion sizes from one of your favorite meals if you are still hungry. Focus on eating to gentle fullness.
A plant-based lifestyle is wonderfully healthy for people who are diabetic and many see a dramatic drop in blood sugar after just a few days. This is because a plant-based lifestyle is very low in fat. Fat in the diet increases blood sugar over time. However, you may see an initial rise in blood sugar when you eat more carbohydrates. Talk with your doctor or medical professional to determine what is best for you.
No! While you might see a minor temporary increase in weight as your body adjusts, healthy carbohydrates like potatoes, beans, and starchy vegetables are wonderful weight loss foods that should be included in a healthy diet.
Absolutely! Family members are encouraged to participate.
Keep the weight loss success going by using more plant-based recipes the Bonus cookbook and The Holy Mess website.
Yes! This plant-based meal plan is excellent for weight loss. While the challenge is only for one day, you’ll come away with great recipes and food ideas to keep using for lasting weight loss success.
Are you ready to join us for the Plant-Based for a Day Challenge? Sign up now and invite your friends, too! Challenges are always more fun with friends.
Get the printable challenge guide and workbook here, then come to the Facebook group and introduce yourself. We can’t wait to see you there.
You are one step closer to weight loss and healthy living success.
Why are you joining the Plant-Based for a Day Challenge? Tell us about it in the comments below.
Don’t miss out! Click here to join the Plant-Based for a Day Challenge and get the
$99 FREE meal plan.
I just joined your eat plant based for a day challenge and when I click on the printable version it brings me to other challenges. Would you be able to send me the printable versions of the meal plan, and the recipes and whatever else that is included for this one day challenge on October 25 2021? Thank you in advance
Hi Mary, I’m sorry you are having issues. Please send us an email [email protected] and we will get you everything you need.