You NEED this pie in your life. 6-ingredient Chocolate Ganache Salted Caramel Pie.
It’s so easy to make, and it’s really, really, REALLY rich and sinfully good. A small piece is enough, and I don’t say that very often when it comes to chocolate — and caramel.
The first step is making the crust, which is crushed oreos and butter.
The next step is cooking the caramel. Be sure the crust is cooled well so that it doesn’t melt when you add the caramel layer.
We have decided the caramel is truly what MAKES this recipe. We made a similar recipe that used melted caramels (that you buy in a bag at the store) and it was a pale comparison to the real deal that this makes.
Put this in the fridge or freezer to cool fully, and move on to the ganache layer. Heat the whipping cream and pour it over the dark chocolate. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth in order to make ganache.
After adding chocolate layer, put in fridge or freezer to set a final time. Add course salt just before serving.
6-ingredient Chocolate Ganache Salted Caramel Pie
- 36 whole oreos Finely Crushed
- 1 Cup Butter Divided
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 12 oz Dark Chocolate melted
- 1 TBSP Sea Salt Course or Flaky
- 1 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream Divided
- Finley crush the Oreos.Mix in 8 TBS of melted butter in to the crushed Oreos.Press the Oreo and Butter mixture into a light greased pie pan.Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt the rest of the butter, 8 TBS, in a sauce pan with brown sugar over medium heat.Stirring frequently till it gets all bubbly. Continue stirring for 1 minute.Remove from heat.
- Stir in a 1/4 Cup of the Heavy Whipping Cream until nice and smooth.
- Set aside and let it cool off for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the Oreo crust.
- Place back in freezer for 30 minutes.
- You do not want the caramel to freeze solid.
- Pour the chocolate chips in a glass bowl.
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to a simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips, let sit for a 3-5 minutes.
- Stir till smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the caramel and put back in the freezer for 30 minutes or until set.
- Do not over freeze.
- Just before serving, sprinkle top with flaky or course sea salt.
Adapted from Dark Chocolate Pie recipe.
This single blade food slicer is great for cutting a heavy, thick pie such as this one.
Hi! I’m Bekah. I’m Sara’s daughter and I’m in culinary school studying to be a sous chef. I’ll be sharing some of my favorite recipes on the blog with you. I LOVE to cook for my family and friends.
What’s your favorite type of pie?