If going out and fighting the crowds on Black Friday is not for you, there’s always Cyber Monday. You can find some really great deals right in the comfort of your own home. However, if you want to get the best deals, there are a few things you should know ahead of time. These 6 insider secrets to Cyber Monday shopping will allow you to get the best deals in the shortest amount of time.
6 Insider Secrets to Cyber Monday Shopping
Here are six insider secrets to Cyber Monday to help ensure you’re getting the most for your money.
- Cyber Monday is a great day to shop for clothing. If you’re in the market for a new wardrobe or a few pieces, shop on this day. However, before you get started, make sure you know your size for each different brand. This way you won’t waste time trying to figure it out while shopping and you won’t have as many returns. More online stores (such as Kohl’s) offer great interactive programs to help you find the correct clothing size. Try these out in advance so that on Monday you can focus on getting the best deals.
- Talk to customer service. If you’re not finding any discounts, coupons or promo codes to help you save on the items you’re interested in, take a few minutes to talk to a representative. You can do this by phone or some sites offer Live Chat. In many cases the representative will offer you some type of discount if you ask for it.
- Cyber Monday is a great time to shop for name brand electronics. Normally, you’ll find a wide selection of brand name TVs, tablets, computers and gaming systems from brands such as Dell, Samsung, Apple and Sony.
- Follow your favorite retailer on social media. Many retailers offer special deals and promotions for consumers that follow them on these social networking sites. Some of them also provide their followers with information via email for Cyber Monday that can save you time and money.
- Be wary of stores that only offer free shipping if you meet a specified dollar amount. You could end up spending a lot more than you planned to get the free shipping when it would have cost less just to pay it.
- Don’t buy on impulse. When shopping Cyber Monday, you need to know what you’re looking for and how much you plan to spend. If you just hop online and start checking out the deals, you may end up spending a lot more money than you planned. Use our printable planner (see below) to write out your shopping list and budget in advance.
Cyber Monday is an exciting day for shoppers and there are a lot of great deals to be found, but be cautious. Not every deal you see is a good one and not all sites are trustworthy. Make sure you only deal with legitimate sites that you know and trust to avoid falling victim to a scam. Only buy from companies with secure payment options. Look for the “https” at the beginning of the URL to ensure it’s a secure page before typing in your information.
If you do want to shop with a business you’re not familiar with, call their customer service number to verify they’re a real business and to get a physical address. If you can’t verify they are who they say they are, don’t shop with that company.
No Cyber Monday shopping is complete without considering Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer. If you don’t currently have an online Prime Membership, get a free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime so all your Cyber Monday shopping will include free shipping. Download the Amazon shopping app and create a wish list of your top items. Turn on phone notifications and Amazon will send you an alert when your items go on sale.
Use an internet browser extension that gives you information about top deals plus online coupons and rebates. E-bates is one of my favorites and a top rated program.
With these tips, you’ll be Cyber Monday shopping easily and get the best possible deals.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Printable Planner
Use our FREE (for a limited time) printable planner to be organized for all your holiday shopping.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Printable Planner
Will you be shopping online on Cyber Monday?
More Posts You Will Love