Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerThe Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
While butternut squash is delicious and healthy, preparing this hard squash can be a pain. This is where the Instant Pot makes things so much easier.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 32 oz chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To cook the squash:
- Cut your squash in half and clean the seeds out.
- Place trivet in Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Place the squash over the trivet and close lid.
- Set to manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes. Natural release.
- Carefully remove squash from Instant Pot and scoop out the flesh.
- To make the soup:
- Place the olive oil or butter in the IP on the saute setting.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the squash (removed from it's skin) and stir well to incorporate.
- Turn off the saute setting and add the stock and seasonings.
- Place the lid on the IP and select Soup setting for 10 minutes.
- Natural release. Adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
The SmartPoints® or PersonalPoints value of these recipes was calculated by this web site and is provided for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval of this web site or its recipes by WW International, Inc.
What’s your favorite Instant Pot soup recipe?
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes You Will Enjoy
Pin this Instant Pot Soup Recipe for Later