Black Friday is one of the busiest shopping days of the year. It’s the day when retailers offer some fantastic deals on major items, but it can also be a madhouse. We’ve all seen the horror story videos online. The stores are packed! Many customers arrive early and stand in line outside until the doors open just so they can be one of the first people to walk in. Use these 8 insider secrets to Black Friday shopping to get the best deals with the least amount of hassle.
Many shoppers look forward to Black Friday because they can find great deals on a lot of the items on their Christmas gift list, and others just enjoy the excitement of it all. No matter your reason for being a part of the biggest shopping day of the year, you want to get the most “bang for your buck”. How can you do this when it feels like you are being hit from all directions with discounts, sales and specials?
8 Insider Secrets to Black Friday Shopping
Here are eight insider secrets to Black Friday to help you find the best deals.
- Have a plan and a budget. Know where you’re going, what time you need to be there and how much you can spend. Many stores give away special deals and sometimes free merchandise to the first 100 customers. Since they reach the limit rather quickly, plan to be at the store offering the items or deals most useful to you.
- Some of the best Black Friday deals are actually found on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. In an attempt to draw in more customers, retailers started opening a little earlier each year until many of the Black Friday sales now start a day early. Check first to see which stores are opening early and offering sales early.
- Price match for the best deals. This is a great way to find the best deals and it’s easy to do. Compare like items in the sales paper to see which stores have the best deals or go online to compare. Many stores also have mobile apps that make it easier to comparison shop right from your phone. (Check out Ebates browser extension for online shopping coupons and deals.)
- Be a thrifty shopper. Don’t be too quick to jump on a deal. Not all sales are good deals. In fact, you may even find a few items that were cheaper a few weeks ago. That’s why it’s important to have an idea of what things cost before shopping and to only purchase the items you know you will use.
- Don’t forget about the smaller stores. Most shoppers hit up the big retail stores right away. After all, they’re the ones making the most noise, but many of the smaller stores have some great deals, too.
- Don’t go it alone. You can cover more ground when you go as a group. Assign a specific item to each person and make sure everyone knows what they’re looking for. Then split up, grab the items on the list, pay and head off to the next store. Plus, it’s more fun to shop with friends!
- Dress to shop. This is not the day to dress up in uncomfortable clothing and high heels. Wear something comfortable, and flats or tennis shoes are recommended. This way, you can concentrate on your shopping list and be comfortable enough to move through the store with ease. This is important since many items sell out fast and you want to be flexible and able to move quickly to cover more ground.
- Can’t get away on Thanksgiving Day or the Friday after? Don’t worry. You can always shop online. They usually have the same merchandise and sometimes you can even find more selections. You can also earn rewards, have access to hundreds of coupons and you don’t have to deal with crowds of people when you shop online. So sit back, relax in the comforts of your own home and shop at your own pace.
Use these insider secrets to help you get the most out of your Black Friday shopping spree and get the holidays off to a great start.
Be sure to follow The Holy Mess Facebook page where we will be posting the best deals for both Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Get Our Black Friday & Cyber Monday Printable Planner
Organize your holiday shopping this year with our FREE (for a limited time) Black Friday and Cyber Monday printable planner. With pages for your shopping lists, stores, budget, and more, you’ll be able to get exactly what you need for the best possible price.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Printable Planner
More Posts You Will Love