Are you considering quitting Weight Watchers and you wonder what else will help you lose weight? Here are good WW alternatives that will help you get to your weight loss goals.
- Best 10 Weight Watchers Alternative Options & Apps to Lose Weight
- How to Cancel Weight Watchers Membership
You’ve decided that it’s time to end your Weight Watchers members, but you want to keep dropping pounds. What are the best options?
Best 10 Weight Watchers Alternative Options & Apps to Lose Weight
Here are some of the best WW options to continue your weight loss progress.
1. Healthi (formerly itrackbites) – Best App Like Weight Watchers
For a free app that is most similar to WW, I recommend Healthi (formerly named itrackbites). This app allows users to track points (called “bites”) and even gives the option of plans that are similar to previous WW plans.
When people email me and tell me they lost weight better on a previous WW plan like Weight Watchers Blue, Green, or Purple, Smart Points or other plans, I recommend they check out Healthi.
Healthi is free to use, although many people choose to upgrade for the modest (cheap) fee, which includes additional plan options, meal plans, a recipe database, and even community support like online meetings.
With Healthi, your zero point foods will change depending on the plan you choose.
- Better Balance – most like WW Freestyle or WW Blue plan.
- Sugar Smart – most like WW Beyond the Scale.
- Carb Conscious – most like the WW PointsPlus program.
- Conquer Cravings – most like WW 123 Success, Turnaround, Momentum.
- Calorie Command – Calorie counting, not like WW
- Keeping Keto – Keto, with control over net carbs. Not like WW.
3. My Fitness Pal
Other similar apps include Lose It, Carb Master, and My Net Diary. All of these have paid upgrades, but you can use the free version with no issues. (I’ve been using the free version of My Fitness Pal for 10+ years and never needed to upgrade.)
A couple bummers with the My Fitness Pal free version in 2023 is that you can’t use the bar code scanner and it automatically includes your exercise calories in your daily total. You have to pay for an upgrade to change these.
TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) offers virtual and in-person meetings for people who have a goal of staying on track with their health and food goals.
Weekly meetings can take place online or in person. Find a chapter near your home, office, on Zoom, or create your own group.
While I’ve never been a regular member, I’ve attended meetings as a speaker a number of times. Meetings typically have a private weigh-in, reading aloud of a creed or healthy intentions, a health-related discussion topic, and group sharing. Sometimes there are games, awards, or social activities.
All the groups I’ve attended have been supportive and encouraging.
Noom is an online weight loss program through the Noom app. Through a combination of psychology, technology, and human coaching, they help users meet their personal health and wellness goals.
While Noom has coaches, a lot of the technology is A.I.-driven (automated). They have learning modules and a food tracking program that includes a green, yellow, and red system based on the concepts of calorie density.
Click here to watch my video review of Noom.
Noom’s cost is similar to WW digital-only subscription.
6. Overeater’s Anonymous (OA)
OA meetings are available across the country and around the world. OA members often abstain from sugar, flour, and other foods they consider addictive. OA meetings do not have weigh-ins and there is no membership fee.
7. Faithful Finish Lines (FFL) – Christian Weight Loss Membership for Women
Faithful Finish Lines is the program I run together with my business partner, Becky (who has also lost 100+ pounds). Faithful Finish Lines is a faith-based, grace-focused program to keep God at the center of your weight loss journey. FFL helps members to lose weight, get to your healthy weight, and stay there for a lifetime.
Faithful Finish Lines offers a monthly membership, free challenges, and a supportive online community.
7. Weight Loss Online Groups & Forums
There are many online support groups and communities to help with weight loss.
8. WW at home for free on your own
Do you want to use the Weight Watchers program for free and count points on your own? Many people are WW members for awhile, then keep the materials to use the program on their own.
Personally, I think this is the toughest choices and least likely to be successful. WW continues to update and improve the points system, and you won’t have access to information with the points value for all foods.
While a more expensive option, this program includes interaction with a dietitican, food tracking in the app, learning modules, and more. Read my CGM for weight loss review here.
Many people use a Fitbit, Apple Watch, and other movement trackers to record how many calories they burn in a day. The FitBit offers it’s own calorie tracking app that syncs with your fitness monitor for no additional cost.
How to Cancel Weight Watchers Membership
Do you want to cancel or quit your WW membership? Here is Weight Watchers contact information to cancel.
Stop the program by calling Weight Watchers at their toll-free contact phone number, 1-800-651-6000, and a live agent will assist you. You can cancel online with your log-in here.
On the WW app, here are the steps to cancel:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to “Manage My Account”.
- Go to “Cancel My Membership”.
- Follow the directions on the Cancel screen.
When does cancellation take effect? According to the WW website:
- For multi-month Commitment Plans, cancellation takes effect at the end of the Commitment Plan period. After the Commitment Plan period, cancellation takes effect at the end of the membership month in which you cancel.
- For pre-pay Savings Plans, cancellation takes effect at the end of the initial plan period defined by the plan you purchased. After the initial plan period, cancellation takes effect at the end of the membership month in which you cancel.
- For standard one month plans, cancellation takes effect at the end of the membership month in which you cancel.
Are you considering quitting Weight Watchers? Which alternative will you use? Share in the comments below.