Fresh Broccoli Salad is a popular salad with all types of variations. Here is ours.
Some versions of this salad contain a dressing with a huge amount of fat (often from mayonnaise) and sugar. This is a much lighter and healthier version.
This made Bekah is believer in enjoying raw broccoli.
Jeanne makes Zack a low protein version of this without the bacon.
- ¾ pound chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small green apple, chopped (Granny Smith contain least natural sugar)
- 1 small red apple, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red or white onion
- 2 slices center-cut bacon, fried and patted down on paper towel, then crumbled
- ½ cup light ranch salad dressing
- 4 ½ tsps. sugar (I use one individual package Splenda or Monk Fruit)
- ¼ cup Craisins
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, apple, onion, bacon, and cranberries. In a small bowl combine salad dressing with sugar or sugar substitue. Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat.