The Holy Mess 3 day diet meal plan is your solution to quickly lose weight and feel great.
Are you looking for a weight loss meal plan to help you shed a few unwanted pounds, get back on track after overeating, or reduce bloating to look your best?
The Holy Mess Diet for Weight-Loss is a great way to jumpstart your weight-loss program and drop pounds quickly. The 3-day diet is healthy and easy to follow while eating delicious foods you’ll love.
- What is the 3 Day Weight Loss Plan?
- What Happens When Women Use a 3 Day Diet Program?
- How Much Weight Can I Lose on a 3 Day Diet Plan?
- What Women Are Saying About the 3 Day Weight Loss Program
- How Does the 3 Day Diet Plan Work?
- Recipes, Nutritional Information and WW Personal Points Links for The Holy Mess Diet Meal Plan
- Tips for Using The Holy Mess 3 Day Weight Loss Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Three Day Meal Plan
- How much weight can I expect to lose on the 3 day diet?
- Can I still drink coffee?
- Can I put cream in my coffee?
- What if I get too hungry?
- What if I don’t like one of the meals?
- Can I cook the meat and vegetables in olive oil on this plan?
- Is this weight loss plan safe?
- How do I keep the weight loss long term after the 3 day fat loss challenge?
- The Holy Mess 3 Day Diet Meal Plan for Losing Weight
- Download a Free PDF Printable of the 3 Day Diet Meal Plan
What is the 3 Day Weight Loss Plan?
While the road to lasting weight loss requires consistent effort, there are times you need a kick start to help you shed a few pounds. There are many 3 day weight loss plans available but this one of the best because unlike others that have small portions, on this meal plan you’ll never go hungry.
As someone who has been maintaining a 100 pound weight loss for over a decade, I understand the importance of help to lose weight or get back on track with healthy eating.
The Holy Mess plan is safe, realistic and best of all delicious. Check with your doctor before starting, but for most people and diabetics the plan is effective for weight loss without hunger. There’s plenty of filling protein to avoid blood sugar crashes.
The food on this plan is absolutely delicious and because it’s packed with fiber and protein, you won’t go hungry.
This plan originated using the Weight Watchers zero point foods system of all real, whole, fresh foods that are low in salt and sugar and are not processed. Now we’ve adapted it to a simple program anyone can use.
What Happens When Women Use a 3 Day Diet Program?
Last year, we led a group of 130 women (most ages 50-70 years old) through The Holy Mess 3-day diet. Their results were incredible!
Since then, we have had over 15,000 people use the plan, either at their own pace or during one of our free live 3 day weight loss challenges.
Their results are incredible and we know you will have success with this program, too.
Click here to get your free copy of The Holy Mess 3 Day Diet meal plan and grocery list.
How Much Weight Can I Lose on a 3 Day Diet Plan?
You can expect to lose between 2-10 pounds while following this meal plan.*
When women in our challenge shared their results, we were nothing short of astounded. Almost all the women lost weight and many lost 3-5 pounds. A few women lost up to 10 pounds!
Even more amazing is that most of the women in the challenge were over the age of 50, with quite a few in their 60s, 70s and a few women in their 80s. This proves that weight loss is possible even as we age, and the 3 day diet plan will make it possible for you.
*Your results may vary. Always consult your doctor or medical professional for advice.
What Women Are Saying About the 3 Day Weight Loss Program
Here’s what women who participated in the plan had to say about their weight loss results.
The plan is a good way for me to reintroduce healthy eating into my lifestyle. The ease of the plan, quantity of food, and satisfaction from weight loss all make this plan viable.Jan S., 53 years old, lost 2 pounds
Absolutely, I would recommend this plan to anyone trying to jump start weight loss or get back ‘on track’ with better eating!
Mariann M., 56 years old, lost 4 pounds
The plan was easy to follow, the food was good, and I got the results I was hoping for in getting me beyond a month-long weight loss plateau that I couldn’t seem to budge. My husband ate the same meals, enjoyed them, and lost weight as well.Kathy O., 66 years old, lost 2 pounds
The 3-day results of a loss of 4.8 lbs. and a half of an inch off my waist is amazing! Plus, my sugar cravings lessened.
Ann F., 57 years old, lost 4.8 pounds
The best part of this plan was it was very specific with food choices. I did not have to come up with meals and what to eat. I was NEVER hungry. The food choices were very satisfying and delicious. My bloating, tummy ache and feeling stuffed were gone immediately! I never had any cravings. I would definitely recommend this plan to other people.
JoAnn S., 64 years old, lost 4.4 pounds
I would recommend this plan, especially if you have a lot to lose.
Susan W., 71 years old, lost 1.2 pounds
How Does the 3 Day Diet Plan Work?
This weight loss meal plan is based on these healthy foods:
- Filling, healthy vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, butternut squash and carrots
- Nutrient-rich fruits like apples, bananas, pears, and mangos
- Power-packed lean proteins including salmon, non-fat Greek yogurt, chicken & turkey breast and eggs
Because the plan has no packaged, boxed, or processed foods, it’s lower in sodium than the average American diet. This leads to reduced bloating so you’ll look and feel slimmer right away.
The 1,200 calorie meal plan is high in protein to promote retention of lean muscle mass. All the foods in this plan are items you can find in any local grocery store. There are no unusual ingredients and no expensive shakes, powders or pills. While this is a low calorie diet, you’ll be amazed that you’ll stay full and satisfied.
Download our free PDF printable of the easy meal plan to learn how to lose weight in 3 days at home.
Recipes, Nutritional Information and WW Personal Points Links for The Holy Mess Diet Meal Plan
Here are the recipes for this 3 day plan. All of the recipes can be found by following each link and printing them from the recipe card, or make it easy and invest in our 3 Day Diet Complete Success Kit for a printable cookbook.
Click each recipe link to get the nutritional information in the recipe box.
Click each link to get a direct link to track your WW Personal Points in the WW app. (No need to add the recipe manually!). The WW link is in the recipe box for each recipe below.
- The Holy Mess Turkey Vegetable Chili – This delicious chili is a reader favorite! Using lean turkey breast, vegetables, and beans, the flavor is wonderful and the soup is filling and hearty while boosting metabolism.
- The Holy Mess Veggie Soup – A dieter’s classic recipe, eat as much of this delicious soup as you’d like to keep hunger at bay.
- The Holy Mess Tuna Salad – Enjoy this extra-high-protein tuna salad with celery and carrots.
- The Holy Mess Salsa Chicken – Make taco bowls with this easy weight loss dinner recipe that can be made in the Instant Pot, in the oven, or in a slow cooker.
- The Holy Mess Banana Souffle – This meal plan even includes dessert! This recipe takes just 2 ingredients and trust us that it’s delicious.
I would definitely use this plan if I needed to lose a few pounds. The best part of this plan, and there are so many, is my husband did the plan with me. I wasn’t hungry… I lost 10 pounds!
Dawn K., 67 years old, lost 10 pounds
Tips for Using The Holy Mess 3 Day Weight Loss Plan
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind before you start the fast weight loss program.
- Use cooking spray instead of oil or butter. We like Pam Extra Virgin Olive Oil but any spray will work.
- Because all the foods are cooked at home, with nothing packaged or processed, being prepared will be an important part of your strategy to make this meal plan work for you. Read through the plan and be sure to shop for groceries (use our free list) before you begin.
- Meal prep before you begin. We recommend you grocery shop on Saturday, meal prep on Sunday, and start the plan on Monday.
- Any fruit may be substituted for the fruits listed. Use what you enjoy. If you are making a swap, swap only a fruit for another fruit.
- Vegetables may be substituted for others you enjoy or have on hand. Only swap a vegetable for a vegetable.
- You may use artificial sweetener (with no additional calories or sugar). Keep in mind that artificial sweeteners cause water retention in some individuals.
- If you are hungry, you may snack on additional bowls of The Holy Mess Vegetable Soup.
- Use a wider cut of cabbage in the vegetable soup for a texture similar to noodles.
- You may drink any liquids without calories, such as water, coffee, tea, Crystal Light and diet soda.
- You may use any spices and spice blends that do not have additional calories or sugar.
- We do not recommend using this plan longer than 3 days because it’s very low in fat and eliminates whole grains. However, you may repeat the plan once a month or as often as you’d like for easy weight loss.
- Check out this Jump Start Your Weight Loss 7 Day Challenge this Weight Watchers 7 Day Basic Meal Plan for another structured plan to use after this one.
- For the Banana Soufflé, instead of banana you may substitute 1/3 cup canned pumpkin or 1/3 cup applesauce. You may also eat the banana and eggs separately.
- To print the recipes, click on each recipe link and scroll to the recipe box. The “print” button is at the top right of each recipe.
I really liked my weight loss and that it kick started me on track again. It was nutritious, satisfying and easy to follow. I would by all means use this plan again.
Treasia B., 70 years old, lost 8.4 pounds
Frequently Asked Questions About the Three Day Meal Plan
Here are answers to questions we receive most about this weight loss plan.
How much weight can I expect to lose on the 3 day diet?
Your results may be different, but over 130 women who completed the program lost between 2-10 pounds during the 3 day challenge. Most women in our challenge were over the age of 50 years old. Since then we’ve had 15,000 people use the plan and lose 2-10 pounds.
Can I still drink coffee?
Yes, you may drink black coffee and any beverage without calories.
Can I put cream in my coffee?
No, cream or creamers are not part of this plan. (Remember that it’s only 3 days!) You may add artificial sweetener.
What if I get too hungry?
You may snack on additional bowls of vegetable soup at any point during the challenge.
What if I don’t like one of the meals?
We suggest giving each meal a try, since you might find a new favorite. However if you need to make a swap, choose a replacement that is as similar as possible. Refer to this list of Zero Point Foods when making swaps.
Can I cook the meat and vegetables in olive oil on this plan?
No, do not use additional oils. You may use a very small amount of cooking spray.
Is this weight loss plan safe?
Yes, this plan is safe for most people. In some ways similar to the military diet, this diet focuses on vegetables, fruit, and lean protein. Contact your doctor or other medical professional to determine what is right for you.
How do I keep the weight loss long term after the 3 day fat loss challenge?
Weight loss happens from eating fewer calories than you burn. Use what you learn from the challenge to keep the weight loss going. Many dieticians recommend tracking with an app like My Fitness Pal or Weight Watchers for continued success.
Nutritional information is approximate and figured in My Fitness Pal, October, 2020. Points calculated WW app, November, 2021.
The Holy Mess 3 Day Diet Meal Plan for Losing Weight
Here is the meal plan to use with The Holy Mess diet challenge. Nutritional information is listed. For WW points, track in your app to determine your Personal Points. Links to Personal Points of recipes available in each recipe box.
Breakfast– 3 eggs, scrambled and served with 2 T salsa
240 calories, 7 carbs, 14 fat, 19 protein
Lunch – The Holy Mess Turkey Chili, 2 cups, 1 large apple
366 calories, 69 carbs, 9 fat, 32 protein
Dinner – 6 ounces Tilapia, Salmon, or Shrimp, 2 cups roasted Brussels sprouts or asparagus
360 calories, 2 carbs, 14 fat, 37 protein
Snack 1– 2 cups watermelon, cantaloupe, or melon of choice
Snack 2 – 2 cups The Holy Mess Vegetable Soup
248 calories, 53 carbs, 2 fat, 8 protein
Day 1 Total:
1,214 calories, 131 carbs, 39 fat, 96 protein
42% carbs/30% protein/28% fat
Breakfast – 1 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt with 1 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed and stirred into yogurt.
200 calories, 30 carbs, 0 fat, 23 protein
Lunch – The Holy Mess Tuna Salad, 2 cups celery and carrot sticks, 1 large pear or apple
385 calories, 42 carbs, 6 fat, 44 protein
Dinner – 6 ounces grilled chicken breast seasoned with herbs, 2 cups roasted butternut squash and baby carrots, 1 cup green beans
307 calories, 34 carbs, 4 fat, 39 protein
Snack 1 – The Holy Mess Veggie Soup, 2 cups
Snack 2 – 2 cups mango, pineapple, orange slices, or kiwi
354 calories, 79 carbs, 3 fat, 9 protein
Day 2 Total
1,246 calories, 185 carbs, 13 fat, 115 protein
56% carbs/9% fat/35% protein
Breakfast – 3-egg omelet with 1.5 cups onion, mushroom, and spinach (or vegetables of choice)
258 calories, 11 carbs, 14 fat, 22 protein
Lunch – Taco bowl with 1 serving (1/4 of recipe) The Holy Mess Salsa Chicken, 1 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup tomato, 1/2 cup cauliflower rice, 1/4 cup black beans. Top with salsa and a dollop of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt.
365 calories, 33 carb, 6 fat, 43 protein
Dinner – 2 slices (4 ounces) oven roasted turkey breast, 1 cup Steam Fresh broccoli, carrot, and cauliflower mix, 1 large ear corn on the cob, fresh or frozen, cooked
333 calories, 37 carbs, 4 fat, 37 protein
Snack 1 – The Holy Mess Banana Soufflé
Snack 2 – The Holy Mess Vegetable Soup, 2 cups
533 calories, 95 carb, 11 fat, 22 protein
Day 3 Total:
1,489 calories, 176 carbs, 35 fat, 124 protein
46% carbs/33% protein/21% fat
Download a Free PDF Printable of the 3 Day Diet Meal Plan
Get your free copy of the Holy Mess diet and shopping list here.
By using the 3 day diet, you’ll be able to get back on track, break a plateau or reduce bloating.
Have you used the 3 day diet? Share about your results below.