If you are a peanut butter lover, you cannot go wrong with this classic Holiday Peanut Butter Balls recipe. While this recipe is great for any time of the year, it works especially well on a tray of Christmas cookies or as a special holiday treat for you or loved ones.
Or, let’s face it, these taste equally wonderful when you grab one (or..ahem…3) right out of the freezer for a quick snack.
Anyone who knows me knows I’m a huge fan of peanut butter. Add chocolate and suddenly we have a match made in heaven. This recipe brings the best of peanut butter and chocolate in one easy to create recipe. If you are a chocolate lover too, be sure to check out this post: 12 Decadent Recipes Using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups that You Must Try
Holiday Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups rice krispies cereal, crushed
- 32 oz. melting chocolate- I used candiquik
- Christmas sprinkles
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix again.
- Add in crushed rice krispies cereal and stir well to combine.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into 1 inch balls and lay them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave according to the directions on the package.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate to coat. Pick them up with a fork to let the excess chocolate drip off. Place onto the wax paper and immediately add sprinkles.
- Let finished peanut butter balls to chill in the fridge for about an hour to let the chocolate set. Enjoy!
When using peanut butter in a recipe, I recommend the Oxo Good Grips measuring cup.
What’s your favorite holiday treat recipe?
More Posts You Will Love