Recently, a reader wrote and asked how she could find long-term success with the Weight Watchers program. While I have had great success with the Weight Watchers points system, each person is unique. Rather than give just my answers, I turned to fellow Weight Watchers members who shared their tips and advice, too. Here are 43 tips from Weight Watchers Members for weight loss success.
A reader wrote to me and asked,
I’ve been using Weight Watchers off and on for years. I’ll stick with the program for awhile and lose weight, but then I drift off and end up gaining it all back. What is the key to long-term weight loss success?
This reader poses an excellent question and she is certainly not alone in her struggles. While I can give suggestions based on what worked for me to lose 100 pounds, I know each of us is different. So, I decided to turn to members of our WW/Weight Watchers Facebook group. Below is a compilation of their responses.
My Weight Watchers Success
I’ve been following Weight Watchers for many years and in fact lost most of my 100 lb weight loss following the program. Read more about my weight loss story here:
100 lb Weight Loss: HOW did you DO It?
100 lb Weight Loss: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I had to choose one tip that has most lead to my 100 pound weight loss success, it would be this:
- Don’t quit.
Many times along the way to my weight loss success, I got far – oh so far – off track. I binged or overate. I didn’t track points like I should have. But, I simply got back on track again as soon as possible.
Today, I run an online Christian women’s fitness and healthy eating program, Faithful Finish Lines, and I still follow the Weight Watchers program because it works.Freestyle 2018: The Ultimate Freestyle Cookbook: Quick and Easy Freestyle 2018 RecipesWeight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It KitWeight Watchers Freestyle All in One Kitchen Set – 9 Tools in 1Weight Watchers by Conair Digital Glass Bathroom Scale; 400 lb. capacity; High-strength tempered safety glass Bath ScaleWeight Watchers Freestyle 2018: The Ultimate Weight Watchers Freestyle Recipes for Weight Loss FastWeight Watchers Freestyle H2O On The Go BottleWeight Watchers Magazine
43 Smart Ideas from WW/Weight Watchers Members
Here is what successful Weight Watchers members had to say was the number one key to Weight Watchers long term success. Take their advice and use what works for you.
- Track! (Most popular answer by a landslide)
- Plan – both snacks and meals. (Next most popular answer)
- Buy healthy groceries.
- Use the Weight Watchers app.
- Find an accountability partner.
- Go to meetings or visit online groups for support.
- Count every single point.
- Fill up on fruits and vegetables.
- Eat fruit. No one got fat from eating bananas.
- Don’t keep sugary foods in the house.
- Eat zero point foods, including soup.
- Know your “why” for losing.
- Weigh in each week.
- Eat zero point foods during the day and save your points for dinner.
- Keep trigger foods out of the house.
- At the end of each meal or snack, know how many points you have left for the day.
- When you are out of points, STOP eating.
- Realize this is forever – there is no starting and stopping the program.
- Learn how to cook.
- Eat foods you love, in healthier serving sizes.
- Pick one treat every day.
- If you crave something, have it. Track the points and move on.
- Resist cravings. You will get emotionally stronger from this.
- Eat only when hungry, not based on a schedule.
- Don’t get too hungry.
- Bring healthy food options with you wherever you go.
- Scan foods for points at the grocery store before you buy it.
- Weigh and measure foods so portions are realistic.
- Visualize how you want to look. Put a picture of yourself on the fridge.
- Keep low points snacks in the house at all times.
- Recognize you are worth it.
- Drink lots of water.
- Don’t use excuses to get off program.
- Eat plenty of protein.
- Be honest with yourself about what you are eating.
- Create a motivation board.
- Walk often.
- Face the scale – even if you know you will see a gain.
- Fear of scary health issues. I want to be around for my family.
- Adjust your favorite family meals so they are lower in points.
- Take the blue dot challenge.
- Allow yourself any food in moderation.
If you are a Weight Watchers member, what is your number one tip for weight loss success? Share in the comments below.
Get the WW Zero Point Cookbook!
Do you love zero point recipes? Be sure to check out our Zero Point Cookbook for even more delicious recipes that are zero WW Freestyle Smart Points.
More Posts You Will Love
Weight Watchers 7 Day On the Go Meal Plan (No Cooking)
Weight Watchers 7 Day Meal Plan – Basic
Weight Watchers 7 Day Instant Pot Meal Plan
How to Eat Real Foods on Weight Watchers
12 Zero Point Weight Watchers Recipes
The Ultimate Weight Watchers On the Go Snacks List
10 Weight Watchers Freestyle Comfort Food Recipes
Pin These Tips for Later
Post updated October, 2019.
Leave a Reply