With summer just around the corner, there has never been a better time to get back on track with your health and fitness. The new Weight Watchers Freestyle program is such a great way to eat healthy food while still enjoying the treats you love in moderation. Travel season is almost upon us, and with errands to run and places to go, I’m always looking for snacks I can take with me while I’m out. Whether you are looking for an easy to grab healthy snack, or something you can have while on the Weight Watcher diet, you will find what you need here in The Ultimate Weight Watchers On the Go Snacks List.
Weight Watchers Success
I’ve been following Weight Watchers for many years and in fact lost most of my 100 lb weight loss following the program. Read more about my weight loss story here:
Today, I run an online Christian women’s fitness and healthy eating program, Faithful Finish Lines, and I still follow the Weight Watchers program because it works!
Premier Protein High Protein Shakes, Variety Pack (Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel), 11oz Each, Pack of 12Hormel TURKEY PEPPERONI Slices 5oz (2 Pack)Value 3 Pack: Joseph’s Low Carb Tortillas, Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat, 8 Inch, 6 TortillasJoseph’s Pita and Mama Lupe Tortilla Bundle Pack (Low Carb)Almond Breeze Dairy Free Almondmilk, Unsweetened Vanilla, 32-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter Bundle, 16 oz (Pack of 2)
The Ultimate Weight Watchers On the Go Snacks List
These snacks were determined based on the Freestyle Smart Points system. Not only are these Weight Watchers Friendly, these are also yummy snacks your husband, kids, or friends will enjoy, too.
Fruit is a staple for on-the-go Weight Watchers eating. I typically grab an apple or banana for a quick, portable snack that I know is zero points.
- Smoothie – Note – Weight Watchers now requires that fruit blended into a smoothie be counted for points, so I keep these to an occasional treat. For some great make-ahead smoothies, check out Once a Month Meals Smoothie Menu.
- Banana – bananas are one of my staple foods for on-the-go!
- Blueberries, Blackberries, Strawberries
- Weight Watchers Zero Point Banana Souffle – Sometimes I’ll make one of these and take it with me in the car for an on-the-go breakfast.
- No sugar added applesauce or fruit cups.
Vegetables are another go-to for quick, healthy snacking, and you can feel great knowing you are eating for your health.
- Carrot sticks – especially baby carrots
- Edamame – so wonderful that this is now zero points! Cook before you go.
- Celery sticks
- Packaged olive cups
- Packaged pickles
- Grape Tomatoes
- Zucchini Chips
- Any of these 10 Weight Watchers Freestyle Low Point Snack Recipes
- Cucumber slices
- Vegetable dip. Some people light Walden Farms dressings for dip since they are zero calories. I much prefer this Weight Watchers Ranch Vegetable Dip Recipe
I try to pair my snacks with protein since I find it leads to more satisfaction. Light string cheese and/or turkey pepperoni is what I tend to grab the most.
- Mini Babybel cheese – especially light varieties
- Light string cheese
- One hard boiled egg
- 8 oz nonfat cottage cheese – Look for individual servings. Not all stores carry these but some do, near the yogurt
- Light Greek yogurt cup – I like Dannon Light and Fit
These are foods I tend to overeat, so use caution with purchasing these items. Your best bet is to purchase individually packaged (yes, more expensive but perhaps worth it) or package them in snack size ziplocks as soon as you get home.
- 23 pretzel sticks
- Air popped popcorn – I like Jolly Time 100 Calorie Kettle Corn
- 22 pistachios (in shell)
- 14 almonds
- 100 calorie packs of nuts
- Whole grain Wheat Thin crackers
- 24 Mini multigrain crackers
- 25 Cheez-it reduce fat white cheddar crackers
- 15 Sunchips multigrain
- 35 dry roasted peanuts
- Salsa with baked tortilla chips or celery for dipping
- Turkey Pepperoni, especially good paired with string cheese for plenty of protein
- Bagels or breadsticks made with Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient dough.
Sweets are becoming higher in points as Weight Watchers encourages all of us to eat less sugar. I tend to save my sweet eating for my bedtime snack (when I can savor it!), but when you just need that sweet little something, here are some healthier options.
- Quest bar – These bars are 4 or 5 points depending on flavor. The raspberry white chocolate is amazing, and lots of people absolutely love the cookie dough. This one is great to chop up and use the bits in ice cream or yogurt.
- Greek yogurt
- Chocolate chip granola bar – Some of these are high in points so check brands or be willing to splurge. Kashi makes great bars and healthier cookies if you are willing to splurge on the points.
- Fiber one protein bar
- Snackwell’s cookies
- Seneca Apple Chips
- Sugar Free Jello cups
- Sugar free pudding cups
- Weight Watchers Candy
- One tablespoon peanut butter – try in celery for a crunchy treat.
- 1 cup tomato or chicken noodle soup
- Premier Protein – I LOVE Premier Protein for Weight Watchers. I don’t tend to drink it plain but it’s wonderful blended into a smoothie or mixed with coffee. It’s a real points bargain and you get tons of healthy protein to keep hunger at bay. Try the caramel Premier Protein together with coffee – hot or iced, it’s amazing.
When you’re on the go and need a healthy and delicious snack to eat, don’t forget to check back to this list. There is something on here no matter how many points you need, where you’re going, or what you’re doing.
Remember that for some of the items on this list such as soups and nuts, you’ll want to double check with your tracker that your brand of choice really is the point value here. These estimates were based on the most common brands available.
More Posts You Will Love
Free Weight Watchers Hacks!
Lose weight faster!
*Low point snacks & recipes to keep you full and satisfied.
*The best foods to eat when you are following the WW program.
*Tips & insider tricks to make following the Weight Watchers program easier and more enjoyable.