Did you know that research proves that people with home exercise equipment are 73% more likely to start exercising than those without it? If you are looking for the best fitness products to add to your home gym (or just to stick under the coach and pull out for a quick workout during the kids’ afternoon nap time), check out these top 25 products for keeping fit at home.
A couple years ago I heard fitness coach Karen Sue Murdy speak and was surprised when she stressed the importance of home exercise equipment. To be honest, working out at home has never worked well for me. I put off my workouts in favor of other more fun activities (Like laundry. Yes I will actually do the laundry before I do my workouts – this makes no sense!). Suddenly it’s 3:15 and then kids are home from school and I’ve done no exercise for the day, then it’s dinner and bedtime and I’m crashing into bed myself.
Yet home exercise equipment is an important part of the fit person’s arsenal.
Karen Sue shared with us that home exercise equipment provides alternatives which is important to long-term success. Your friend cancels your walking date. It snows. Your car is in the shop. You can’t get a babysitter. A workout back-up plan is necessary in order to have a No Excuses focus on fitness for a lifetime. Home equipment will get you there.
Check out these 25 products for keeping fit at home. Not included in this list is bigger equipment such as treadmills. These are smaller items you can purchase and tuck into a corner. Many can be used in conjunction with fitness videos, or use them solo.
One of the simplest changes I’ve made is switching my desk chair for a stability ball so I’m getting a continual abdominal and leg workout just from sitting at my desk. This takes some adjustment so go easy the first few days, but once your body adjusts a bit, it’s a great way to stay strong.
Top 25 Products for Keeping Fit at Home
1. American Educational Products Cubes with Actions Numbers Fitness Dice, Set of 2 – $13.99
2. Black Mountain 2000lbs Static Strength Exercise Stability Ball with Pump – $14.99
3. Super Exercise Band 7 ft. Long Resistance Bands – $12.49
4. 30” Fitness Aerobic Step Adjust 4″ – 6″ – 8″ Exercise Stepper w/Risers – $27.21
5. ACF Ab Roller for Abdominal Exercise – $16.77
6. Premium Resistance Loop Bands – Set of 5 Fitness Bands – $10.95
7. Gaiam Print Premium Yoga Mats (5mm) – $22.99
8. Sportly Push Up Bar – Set of 2 – $12.99
9. Stronger Adjustable Ankle Weights Set (2x5lbs Cuffs) – $29.99
10. 2 Professional Gliding Discs and 2 Resistance Loop Bands Bundle – $15.99
11. Premium Quality Adjustable Jump Rope – $7.97
12. Crown Sporting Goods 3/4-Inch Extra Thick Yoga Mat with No Stick Ridge – $25.07
13. CAP Barbell Rubber Coated Hex Dumbbell with Contoured Chrome Handle – $12.94
14. Elite Core Workout Exercise Sliders – Set of 2 Gliding Discs – $14.97
15. Mini Exercise Ball – $14.95
16. Fury Fitness Wooden Balance Board – $35.84
17. Black Mountain Products Single Resistance Band – Door Anchor and Starter Guide Included – $10.86
18. Yoga Wheel – $44.97
19. Blue Yoga Balance Trainer ball W/ Resistance Bands & Pump Exercise Workout Kit – $50.40
20. AmazonBasics 20-Pound Dumbbell Set with Stand – $24.99
21. Yoga Block and Yoga Strap Set: Block and 8′ Strap – $13.99
22. SPRI Deluxe Vinyl Kettlebell – $25.78
23. Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar – $23.51
24. Matymats Grippy Yoga Socks Non Slip with Silicone Dot for Pilates, Barre, Bikram – $6.99
25. Milliard Double-Grip Medicine Ball – $43.99
Leave a Reply