Thanksgiving dinner would not be complete without some delicious side dishes. The turkey may be the main event, but what’s a bird without the sweet potato casserole? Side dishes are what really make the Thanksgiving meal. Personally, I’m all about those sides! But, if we aren’t careful, sides can also be loaded with extra fat, sugar, and calories. It doesn’t have to be that way. This year, opt for some healthier sides with these 12 healthy Thanksgiving side dishes.
Who doesn’t love filling a plate with mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and dinner rolls. Here are healthy sides that will keep you and your guests coming back for more, without the guilt.
12 Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Use these 12 healthy Thanksgiving side dishes for a meal that is delicious but won’t weigh you down.
- Fall Harvest Salad – Salad greens topped with apples, squash, and cranberries, then drizzled with a homemade Pumpkin Goddess dressing. This is no boring salad!
- Cauliflower Stuffing – You’ve heard of cauliflower rice, but what about cauliflower stuffing? Make it low carb with this recipe.
- Skinny Sweet Potato Casserole – Vegan sweet potato casserole with maple pecans.
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash – This recipe is a gorgeous, colorful addition to any holiday table. Roasted butternut squash with cranberries and feta cheese.
- Rosemary Garlic Mashed Cauliflower – You’ll never miss the mashed potatoes when you use this mashed cauliflower recipe.
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Mushrooms – If you love mushrooms, this is the recipe for you. Roasted mushrooms topped with lemon and parmesan cheese.
- Orange Glazed Brussel Sprouts and Butternut Squash – Brussel sprouts together with butternut squash and orange, topped with this healthy pecan mix.
- Honey Maple Roasted Carrots – Roasted carrots with a topping of sesame seeds, pomegranate seeds, and herbs.
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf – A hearty side dish with wild rice and crisp fruity flavors.
- Baked Zucchini Sticks – Crispy baked zucchini sticks with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, these are a great appetizer.
- Garlic Green Beans – Fresh green beans with garlic.
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole – A healthier, vegan alternative to the classic green bean casserole topped with crispy onions.
More Posts You Will Love
Free Movie List!
Top 20 Christmas Movies NOT to Be Missed
Get your free printable list now.