To me, the holiday season just doesn’t feel like Christmas without the crunchy, salty taste of Chex Mix to balance out all the sweetness from cookies and other holiday foods. Make Chex Mix even easier with this Crock Pot Chex Mix recipe.
When I was a kid, my mom was awesome at making delicious Chex Mix every holiday season. She even made us personalized batches (no peanuts for my husband and double-the-nuts batches for those of us who absolutely love nuts).
Crock Pot Chex Mix keeps beautifully in the freezer if you plan to make several batches on a day when you know you will be home. With this crock pot Chex Mix recipe, you can even make several batches at a time if you wish. (Make one in the crock pot and one in the oven, or even try your Instant Pot on “slow cook” mode!)
Low Fat Chex Mix Alternative
Reduce or eliminate the butter and use cooking spray instead for a lower fat alternative.
Crock Pot Chex Mix Recipe
- 4 cups rice chex
- 4 cups corn chex
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups peanuts
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp red pepper (optional)
- Add chex cereal, pretzeles, and peanuts to your large crock pot.
- Pour melted butter over the mix and stir well.
- Sprinkle with seasonings, stir again.
- Finally, pour over worcestershire sauce and stir well.
- Cook on low for 2.5 hours, stirring occasionally to keep the mix from burning.
- Once finished, lay the mix out onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet to cool. Enjoy!
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel , SCCPVL610-SLEA & PERRINS Original Worcestershire Sauce 5 oz BottleCorn Chex Gluten Free Cereal 18 oz BoxRice Chex Gluten Free Cereal 18 oz BoxChex Triple Pack Cereal – 54.25 oz.
What’s your favorite holiday snack?
More Posts You Will Love