One important aspects of healthy living, especially if you are interested in weight loss, is drinking enough water. But how do you know if you are within a healthy range? Use our free printable water tracker to monitor your water intake to improve your health and wellness.
Why Track Your Water Intake?
While it’s not necessary to guzzle crazy amounts of water, many Americans are chronically dehydrated. According to Web MD, drinking enough water each day helps maintain body fluids which improves digestion, energy levels, and even metabolism.
Drinking enough water will help you feel better and your body function at it’s best as you move throughout your body day.
If weight loss is your goal, drinking enough water is helpful because we often confuse thirst with hunger. Before you reach for a snack, try drinking a glass of water instead. Keep in mind though that weight loss does not come from drinking water. Weight loss comes from eating fewer calories than you burn.
I’ve always believed the quote that says, “Anything that gets measured can be improved.” If drinking more water is an area that you want to improve, start tracking it. Use our free water tracker to do just that.
If you currently drinking just a couple cups of water a day, try to gradually increase the amount over the coming weeks.
How to Drink More Water
How can you improve your water intake for weight loss or overall health? Here are some tips.
- Track it! Use our free printable water tracker (below) to color in the spaces each time you drink a glass of water. You won’t need to do this forever, just until you’ve changed your habits.
- Carry a water bottle with you. Here is a helpful list of water bottles for women. The best bottle for you is the one that you like and find it easy to sip from throughout the day.
- Try an infuser. I like this Grosche water bottle because the infuser sits at the top and the fruit doesn’t soak in the water all day getting mushy and gross. Try cucumber slices – it’s quite refreshing!
- Drink one glass of water before any other beverage. This tip has been helpful to me. I don’t tell myself I can’t have coffee or any other drink (which makes me want to rebel), but I simply have a rule for myself that I need to drink a glass of water first, then I can have it.
- Create a reward. Sometimes a little personal bribery goes a long way. Give yourself a reward when you’ve tracked enough water every day for a whole week.
Frequently Asked Questions about Drinking More Water
What counts as water?
Which beverages count toward your daily water intake? Actually all liquids count, including those found in foods especially fruit and soups. However some are not healthy for you (pop, sweetened drinks like tea) and some have can dehydrate (coffee, alcohol).
Drink several cups of plain water a day, and fruit-or-herb infused beverages are also okay. Clear liquids like bone broth can be another healthy choice.
How much water do I need to drink every day?
How much water you need varies by person. It’s not true that everyone needs 6-8 cups per day, but it’s a good general starting place. It’s not necessary to guzzle lots more water than you need, and can even be dangerous, but it’s true that most people err on the side of drinking too little rather than too much.
How much water do I need to drink for weight loss?
Again, it varies by person, body weight, and physical activity, but one rule of thumb is to aim for half your body weight in pounds, in ounces of water per day. So, a 150 pound woman would need 75 ounces of water per day, which is about 9 cups.
Free Printable Water Tracker – PDF Printable
Enjoy this free printable download in order to track your water intake.
More Healthy Living Posts You Will Love
5 Reasons You Self-Sabotage Your Weight Loss…and How to Stop
30 Powerful Ways to Pray for Weight Loss
5 Weight Watchers Insider Secrets to Faster Weight Loss
Top 10 Best Weight Watchers Products to Buy on Amazon – WW Must Haves!
Free Calorie Burn Calculator – How Many Calories Am I Burning?
Free Weight Loss Calorie Calculator – How Many Calories Should I Eat to Lose Weight?
Pin this Free Printable for Later
Ohh i like that ,, drink a glass of water before coffee or tea. I often feel like i should but don’t I just don’t drink the coffee because I know I’m dehydrated. N then I get sad lol. Gonna try this now