Pomegranate Pear Salad with Grilled Chicken and Cherry-Lime Dressing is a delicious winter salad you will feel great eating.
Are you ready for a crisp, delicious salad the whole family will enjoy? This Pomegranate Pear Salad is sure to satisfy.
During the winter, we often think of soups, stews, and hearty casseroles. Those are delicious comfort food, but after awhile it’s time for something more light and refreshing. After Thanksgiving this year, I found I was actually craving salad!
I love this delicious salad because it’s full of foods with plenty of healthy vegetables and fruits that are full of antioxidants and nutrition.
This salad is a wonderful dish to take to a holiday party as a healthy alternative to the many appetizers and desserts.
Tips for Making Pomegranate Pear Salad with Grilled Chicken and Cherry-Lime Dressing
Here are few tips for making this healthy winter salad:
- Feta or Goat Cheese work equally well.
- These days you can find fresh Pomegranate seeds in individual cup servings, especially when they are at the peak of the season. I’ve noticed the cups don’t stay fresh more than a day or so once they are opened, so be sure to use them quickly.
- If you need to get out the pomegranate seeds from a whole fruit, follow the directions in this link for our one minute trick to remove pomegranate seeds.
- This salad can be served without chicken for a vegetarian option. There are plenty of protein to make it satisfying.
- Bottled dressing can be used in a pinch, but it really is best to take the time to make the dressing, which is incredibly fresh and delicious. If you are using bottled dressing, I suggest a raspberry vinaigrette.
- For making the dressing, a food processor works well. Store additional dressing in a salad dressing carafe such as this one.
- Grilled, baked, rotisserie, or pan-fried chicken all work well on this salad.
Pomegranate Pear Salad with Grilled Chicken and Cherry Lime Dressing Video
Weight Watchers Information for Pomegranate Pear Salad
As written, this Pomegranate Pear Salad is 10 WW Freestyle Smart points. That might seem like a bit of a splurge but this is a hearty salad with lots of yummy flavors and textures.
To lower the points/calories in this salad even further:
- Reduce amounts of toppings (less sunflower seeds and cheese).
- Use less olive oil in the homemade dressing or use less dressing on your serving.
- Eliminate or reduce amount of honey or use artificial sweetener.
- Be sure to use grilled chicken breast made without extra fat.
Pomegranate Pear Salad with Grilled Chicken and Cherry-Lime Dressing Recipe
Enjoy this delicious salad as a hearty lunch or filling dinner. There is plenty of protein to keep you satisfied, and you will love the textures and flavors.
Pomegranate Pear Salad with Grilled Chicken and Cherry-Lime Dressing
- 10 cups salad greens 1 bag
- 1 pear peeled and diced
- 2 oz pomegranate seeds
- 4 Tbsp dry-roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 chicken breasts grilled or pan-fried with salt and pepper, sliced
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup cherries thawed if frozen
- 1 T lime juice juice from 1 lime
- To make dressing:
- Place cherries in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, and lime and blend until smooth.
- To make salad:
- Divide spring mix evenly into 4 large salad bowls.
- Top with goat cheese, sunflower seeds, pear, and chicken breast.
- Top with Pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
This Pomegranate Pear Salad with Grilled Chicken and Cherry-Lime Dressing is sure to become a new favorite. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does.
What’s your favorite winter salad? Share in the comments below.
More Healthy Salad Recipes for You
Save this Salad Recipe on Pinterest