This Fried Green Tomato Salad Recipe is Keto and Paleo friendly and amazingly delicious with the flavor of bacon and a crispy coating on the tomatoes.
Sometimes you crave crispy, crunchy deliciousness. If you haven’t tried the Southern favorite of Fried Green Tomatoes, you are in for treat. Now you can eat a whole pile of them in this healthy salad recipe. This Keto Fried Green Tomato Salad will make your stomach the happiest it’s been in ages.
Just The Cheese Bars, Crunchy Baked Low Carb Snack Bars – 100% Natural Cheese. High Protein and Gluten Free, Aged Cheddar (12 Two-Bar Packs)The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain ConfidencePerfect Keto Chocolate Exogenous Ketones: Base BHB Salts Supplement- Ketones for Ketogenic Diet Best to Support Energy, Focus and Ketosis Beta-Hydroxybutyrate BHB SaltTom & Jenny’s Sugar Free Soft Caramels – Keto Diet – Sweetened with Xylitol and Maltitol (Classic Caramel, 1-pack)Utz Pork Rinds, Regular, 8 oz. Barrel, Gluten Free, Zero Carbs
If you are just getting started with keto, be sure to check out our complete keto getting started guide here, and download our free printable keto workbook here.
Fried Green Tomato Salad Recipe (Keto!)
This delicious Fried Green Tomato Salad Recipe is a wonderful Keto and Paleo friendly treat. You will love the bacon flavor and the crispy, crunchy coating.
Cook bacon on stove top until crispy. Save bacon fat.
Crush pork rinds into a fine powder.
Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to pork rinds.
Slice tomato into 4 large slices.
Crack egg into bowl and whisk with a fork.
Dip the tomato slices into the egg mixture and then into the pork rind mixture.
Add coated tomatoes to the cast iron skillet with bacon fat.
Cook over medium heat for ~2.5 each side depending on the thickness of each slice until golden brown.
- Fried green tomato
- 1 large green tomato
- ½ crushed pork rinds
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Per Salad:
- 8 cup Romaine lettuce
- 12 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup Carrots
- 8 thick slices of bacon
- Cook bacon on stove top until crispy. Save bacon fat.
- Crush pork rinds into a fine powder.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to pork rinds.
- Slice tomato into 4 large slices.
- Crack egg into bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Dip the tomato slices into the egg mixture and then into the pork rind mixture.
- Add coated tomatoes to the cast iron skillet with bacon fat.
- Cook over medium heat for ~2.5 each side depending on the thickness of each slice until golden brown.
- Carefully place tomatoes over greens, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and other salad fixings of your choice.
Do you love fried green tomatoes? Share how you make them in the comments below.
More Healthy Recipe Posts You Will Love
Pin This Keto Recipe for Later