These Weight Watchers Cool Whip Cookies are the perfect dessert for the next time you are craving a soft, chewy cookie that is easy to make and low in WW points. In fact, you might have the ingredients in your kitchen already.
What are Cake Mix Cool Whip Cookies?
Cookies made with a cake mix and cool whip come together with 4 simple ingredients: 1 box cake mix, 1 tub whipped topping, 1 egg, and 1/3 cup sweetener.
To make this WW version, we used a sugar-free cake mix and sweetener instead of powered sugar.
These cake mix cookies are popular because they come together in minutes with just a few simple ingredients, and the flavor combinations are endless.
Here are some of the flavors you can make:
- Lemon cookies (use a sugar-free vanilla cake mix and add the zest of 1 lemon or 1 tsp lemon extract).
- Orange cookies (use a sugar-free vanilla cake mix and add the zest of 1 orange or 1 tsp orange extract)
- Coconut lime cookies (use a sugar-free vanilla cake mix and add the zest of 1 lime plus 1 tsp coconut extract)
- Chocolate cookies (use a chocolate cake mix and follow instructions as indicated)
- Chocolate peanut butter cookies (prepare cookies as indicated and frost with a mixture of powdered peanut butter such as PB2, sweetener, and water or almond milk)
- Spice cookies (prepare cookies as written using a sugar-free vanilla cake mix and 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice)
- For even more fun variations, check out these ideas from Wide Open Eats.
WW Points for Cool Whip Cookies
Here are the points for these cookies with the recipe as written:
Make 24 cookies.
WW Green – 3 point per cookie
WW Blue – 2 points per cookie
WW Purple – 2 points per cookie
Sugar (No Artificial Sweetener) Option
If you use powdered sugar instead of sweetener, the cookies are 3 points each.
If you use a regular (not sugar free) cake mix, cookies are 4 points each.
Ingredients for WW Cool Whip Crinkle Cookies
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for these simple yet tasty cookies that are low in WW points.
- 1 Box of sugar free cake mix, any flavor. We used Pillsbury Sugar-Free Vanilla Cake Mix. (A regular cake mix can be used for additional points.)
- 8oz. Carton Cool Whip, fat free (Allow to sit on counter for about 10 minutes before mixing.)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of Truvia, Splenda, or other reduced-calorie sweetener (or powdered sugar for additional points)
Serve warm. Edges and bottom will be slightly crisp and the inside will be super soft.
How to Make Cake Mix Cool Whip Cookies for Weight Watchers
Here’s a simple tutorial for making this cookie recipe with a cake mix and cool whip. Your family will love these soft and sweet treats, and you will, too.
Gather ingredients. This is so simple to pull together quickly!
Divide dough into 24 equal pieces. Roll into balls and roll in sweetener (or powdered sugar).
Place onto a baking tray and into 350 degree oven. Bake for 10-14 minutes. The edges will be slightly brown. Edges and bottom will be slightly crisp and the inside will be soft. Do not overbake.
Weight Watchers Cool Whip Cookies
- 1 box sugar-free cake mix
- 8 ounces fat-free cool whip
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup low-calorie sweetener such as Truvia or powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure powdered sugar or sweetener and place in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, cool whip and egg using a mixer. The texture can be thick and slightly sticky so using a mixer makes it much easier to handle.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop one ball of dough into the sweetener or powdered sugar. Roll around and form a ball. Place onto cookie sheet. Repeat until you have 24 cookies.
- Bake in the oven 10-14 minutes. The edges will be slightly brown. Edges and bottom will be slightly crisp and the inside will be super soft.
You will savor these delicious Weight Watchers Cool Whip cookies. What’s your favorite WW cookie recipe? Share about it in the comments below.
More WW Posts You Will Love
20 Best Weight Watchers Christmas Cookie Recipes – Amazing cookies for the holiday season or all year long.
Top 10 Weight Watchers Meal Prep Lunch Recipes – Get organized for a week of healthy WW lunches with these top recipes.
100+ Weight Watchers Aldi Shopping List for 2021 – Here is a list (with free printable) of the best items for Weight Watchers at Aldi.
Weight Watchers Pizza Recipes – You don’t have to give up pizza when following WW! Here are great low-point options.
Pin this Cookie Recipe for Later