This Weight Watchers 2 ingredient dough blueberry bagel recipe is going to wow you. Get ready for a delicious, warm bagel that tastes like your favorite bakery bagel but is just a fraction of the points. Best of all, it’s easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
This recipe starts with the basic Two Ingredient Dough that is unbelievably versatile. Use this dough to make a variety of different healthier breads including breadsticks, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls, calzones, and more. This two-ingredient bread dough recipe will be a life saver, plus it is so quick and easy to make.
This berry-studded recipe even works great with our Vegetarian 2 ingredient dough recipe that replaces the yogurt with tofu.
What is Two Ingredient Dough Bread?
Two ingredient bread recipes are popular, especially with those who follow Weight Watchers. Are you trying to lose weight but LOVE breads? Let’s face it – bread is pretty much one of the most amazing foods in life. “Light” bread can feel like you are eating air. You’ll love the delicious texture of the bread. No diet bread here.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make These?
Believe it or not, just three ingredients:
- One cup of self-rising flour,
- 1 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt and
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can make your own at home. Click here for instructions on making your own self-rising flour.
What Can You Make with Yogurt Dough?
My criteria for a food find is a food that is high in satisfaction but low in points. This Two Ingredient Dough fits the bill. Plus, it’s super easy to make and fun to use in a variety of ways. This recipe is also great because it is a no-yeast recipe.
The bagels, bread sticks, and more that you make from this recipe have a tangy flavor similar to sourdough from the Greek yogurt. They are soft on the inside with a chewy crust on the outside that is perfect for any bread lover.
See below for lots of recipe links and ideas for how to use this quick bread dough.
Do you need to eat low carb or gluten free? Be sure to check out our low carb 2 ingredient dough recipe, variation, too. (It’s gluten-free, too.) We also have a vegetarian 2 ingredient dough variation.
What are the Points for 2 Ingredient Dough?
For the recipe as we have it written, this dough is 3 points per serving on WW Program 2023.
Points updated October 2023.
What should I eat with 2 Ingredient Dough Blueberry Bagels?
The sky is the limit for what to eat with your bagels. Here are a number of ways you can top your bagels.
- Try peanut butter and a sliced banana for a delicious and filling breakfast, or cut fat and calories by using powdered peanut butter like PB2. To me, a blueberry bagel with peanut better tastes like a delicious PBJ sandwich.
- Try this Copycat Aldi Brownie Batter Hummus Recipe
- Butter or margarine
- Cream cheese, regular or light
- Cinnamon and sugar or sweetener
How Should You Store 2 Ingredient Bagels and How Long Do They Last?
Bagels are freshest when eaten within a day or two of cooking them, or they can be frozen. Bagels can be thawed on the countertop for a few hours or in the microwave for 30 seconds. I recommend toasting bagels to get that crusty, chewy texture.
Here’s a helpful tip. The dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 48 hours before baking. Wrap it in saran wrap and place the dough in a zipper bag, and then in the freezer. Before using your favorite yogurt dough recipe, pull it out of the freezer and remove the dough from the bag and saran wrap. Place just the dough in a bowl covered by plastic wrap or a tea towel to thaw in the refrigerator until soft (about 24 hours).
Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
I follow the Weight Watchers program. What can I put on these bagels that is low point?
Here are some ideas for how to top your bagels when you are following Weight Watchers.
- Spray with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray (0 points)
- Spread with real butter (1 T is 5 points).
- Top with regular (2 points for 1 T, light (1 T is 1 point), whipped (1 T for 2 points), or fat-free cream cheese (1/4 cup is 1 point).
- Spread with reduced-calorie margarine (1T is 3 points).
- Spread with Brummel and Brown spread made with yogurt (1 T is 2 points).
What other varieties of ww bagels can I make?
- The Basic – 2 Ingredient Dough Bagels -The classic recipe, these 2 Ingredient Bagels are simply made with self rising flour and non-fat Greek yogurt. Learn all the tips and tricks for working with this simple dough.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagels – Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough Bagels – Here’s the WW official two ingredient dough recipe right from their website. If flavored bagels are your thing, try adding 1 tsp cinnamon to the flour and 2 tbsp plumped raisins to the dough for an additional 1SmartPoints value per serving.
- Bagels Without Self-Rising Flour – No self rising flour? No problem. Follow our simple instructions to make your own self-rising flour and you are ready to make delicious bagels with just a couple more easy ingredients.
- Whole Wheat or White Whole Wheat Bagels – Follow our instructions to make your own self-rising flour and substitute the flour of your choice. You may want to use a combination of white flour and whole wheat flour for the softest texture.
- Oatmeal Bagels – Substitute half of the self-rising flour for oat flour or quick-cooking oatmeal. Do not use old-fashioned oats. If you only have old-fashioned oats on hand, give them a quick spin in the food processor to make oat flour.
- Low Carb Two Ingredient Dough Bagels with Low Carb Baking Mix – For our low-carb bagels, we used Carb Quick for a fast and delicious option.
- Low Carb Bagels Made with Almond Flour. – These almond flour bagels are a low carb option. The dough is more temperamental than regular dough so we recommend carefully rolling it out and shaping it into a bagel shape.
- Gluten-Free Bagels – Use the almond flour recipe above or a gluten-free baking mix.
- Flax Seed Bagels – 2 Ingredient Dough Flax Seed Bagels – Here’s a two ingredient bagel variation with flax seed for extra crunch and nutrition.
- Rainbow Bagels – 2 Ingredient Dough Rainbow Bagels -Rainbow bagels are the hottest thing on Instagram thanks to The Bagel Shop in Brooklyn. They’re beautiful and New York bagels are amazing, but most of us won’t be traveling to NYC for a bagel. This is a fun recipe to try with kids.
- Asiago, Cheddar, or Parmesan Bagels – Mix 1/4 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan Cheese into bagel dough. Top with 1 T cheese per bagel before baking. Add 1 point per bagel.
- Onion – Mix 2 tsp onion powder OR 1 tsp onion salt OR 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh onion into dough before baking.
- Egg Bagels – Brush bagels with generous amount of egg wash (1 egg, beaten, plus 1 T water) before baking.
- Rye Bagels – Use half rye flour and half white flour to make dough.
- Pizza Bagels – 2 Ingredient Dough Pizza Bagels – Yummy pizza bagels for an easy dinner or ww appetizer made with 2 ingredient dough.
- Jalapeno Bagels – Mix 2 tsp finely chopped fresh or jarred jalepenos into dough. Bake as directed on basic recipe.
The Points value of these recipes was calculated by this website and is provided for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship, or approval of this website or its recipes by WW International, Inc.
Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough Blueberry Bagel Recipe with Step-by-Step Instructions & Photos
Here is a step-by-step guide to making these tasty bagels.
Step 1 – Preheat Oven & Gather your ingredients
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For ingredients, all you need is 1 cup self-rising flour, 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.
Step 2 – Mix flour and yogurt.
Mix all the flour and half the yogurt to form a soft dough. Gradually add more of the yogurt until you have a pliable, slightly sticky dough. Knead by hand for 3-4 minutes or use an electric stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
Step 3 – Divide dough.
Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
Step 4 – Form the bagels and bake.
Roll the dough into balls. Carefully press blueberries into each ball.
Make the hole in the center wider than you think necessary to allow rising.
Place bagels onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Bake in 350 oven for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 5 – Enjoy!
These bagels are delicious right out of the oven or made ahead to enjoy for the week.
Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Dough Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Recipe
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- up to 1 cup Greek yogurt plain, non-fat. (You may not need it all.)
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour and half the yogurt to form a soft dough. Gradually add more of the yogurt until you have a pliable, slightly sticky dough.
- Add cinnamon and mix until is it combined or swirled into the dough.
- Knead by hand for 3-4 minutes or use an electric stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
- Dust workspace with additional flour and turn ball of dough onto workspace.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions.
- Form each ball into a bagel shape. Make the hole in the center wider than you think necessary to allow rising. Carefully press raisins into each bagel.
- Place raw bagels onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake in 350 oven for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Now you have all the information you need to make these delicious, no yeast, no-knead bagels with ease.
What is your favorite bagel flavor? Share in the comments below.
More Posts You Will Love
WW Two Ingredient Dough Italian Breadsticks – Perfect for Italian night.
Two Ingredient Pizza Dough – Enjoy low-point pizza anytime.
Slow Cooker Two Ingredient Dough Bread Recipe – Set it and forget it!
WW Vegetarian 2 Ingredient Dough Recipe – Vegetarians don’t feel left out.