What will be the new Weight Watchers plan for 2022? Read on for information about program changes for WW in 2021, 2022 and beyond.
Updated with new information on September 24, 2021. After you read the information, share your thoughts in the comments below. I can’t wait to hear what you think about these changes.
Will Weight Watchers Introduce a New Plan in 2022?
Yes, Weight Watchers has announced that there will be a new plan for members in 2022.
In this transcript of a public meeting about Weight Watchers, the following information was shared by Mindy F. Grossman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Director and Nicholas P. Hotchkin, Chief Operating Officer:
- Clinical trials are under way for the new WW program.
- The food program will be even more simple, more livable, more efficacious and more sustainable.
- The next food innovation will make the program much more personalized.
- WW is expanding into healthcare and diabetes. A dedicated consumer offering specifically designed for people with diabetes will be launching in 2022.
- WW is committed to helping close nutrition gaps that disproportionately impact underserved communities.
What are the Weight Watchers Program Changes for 2021 and 2022?
Every two years, WW releases a new and updated food program. The program is expected to be released in November of 2021, with changes continuing into 2022.
Also noted was the following information about Weight Watchers and weight loss in general:
- At the core of all WW membership plans is the digital platform and the personalized myWW+, with 90% of subscribers being digital.
- Virtual experiences with Oprah Winfrey will continue into 2022. (These live virtual experiences with Oprah have resulted in over five million views.)
- The focus will continue on making the app more personalized and helping members become engaged during the first 4 weeks of membership.
- The American Psychological Association’s latest stress in America poll found that since the pandemic started, 42% of participants reported a weight gain on average of 29 pounds with 10% having gained over 50 pounds.
- Expansion into wellness focus will continue because it’s the foundation of member success.
- Coaching and community will continue to be at the core of WW programs.
- WW is aiming to return the workshop business to full capacity as communities reopen.
Update 8/30/21 and 9/24/21 – WW coaches have announced at some meetings that the new program will launch November 11, 2021.
Check back to this post and we will continue to update here as Weight Watchers announces more information about program changes for 2021, 2022 and beyond.
WW Personal Points – New Weight Watchers Plan Name Trademarked
Instagram account Pandemic Points shared on her Instagram that WW International has trademarked the name WW Personal Points. See a photo of the new WW 2022 trademark information on her Instagram account here.
WW Personal Points Plan – Information From WW Survey
Instagram Pandemic Points also shares this information taken from a WW survey:
Introducing WW’s most cutting edge, comprehensive and personalized weight loss program ever.
Cutting edge because it takes the entire nutrition label into account. Calories, protein, fiber, saturated fat, unsaturated (healthy) fats and added sugars are all included in this new points formula. No other system seamlessly reduces all this complexity into one simple number.
Comprehensive because it isn’t just a food system. It’s an entire ecosystem that takes the whole you into account – incorporating your activity levels and water and vegetable intake, allowing you to grow your points budget and earn points for all the healthy thins you do. It’s one complete system that takes in all into account.
Personalized because, for the first time ever, with WW’s guidance you determine your own individual plan, based on the foods you like and eat most often. These foods have zero points, and your plan is unique to you. With thousands of possible combinations, virtually no two plans are alike!”WW Survey, Fall, 2021
Barrett Pastor Video about New WW Plan Coming November 11, 2021
WW member Barrett shares what we know so far about the new WW plans. Watch her video, and here’s some highlights of what she shares:
- While all this information is behind the scenes and unofficial, the new plan is currently being tested.
- The new program will be rolled out November 11, 2021.
- The new plan will be even more simplistic and easier to understand, with a special focus on the first 30 days that a person is a member.
- Online offerings will continue to improve and in-person meetings will be continued.
- The current plan (Green, Blue, and Purple) will be ending.
- The new plan includes a diabetic-friendly plan that also helpful for insulin resistance. (Perhaps this will include allowing for more healthy fats without high points penalties and be more helpful for people who need to eat lower carb. This is not expected to be very low carb like Keto.)
- The new plans are said to have more options for people who need a special diet such as gluten-free WW members and WW vegetarians and vegans.
- The WW products will be continue to improve with more real, wholesome ingredients.
Which Weight Watchers Color Plan is Best for Weight Loss?
All 3 MyWW+ programs have been proven in scientific clicinial trials to be helpful for losing weight.
What is the MyWW Plan with Blue, Green and Purple?
In 2019, WW introduced the MyWW plan with the option for members to follow the Green, Blue, or Purple Plan.
Weight Watchers Program Review
How does Weight Watchers work for weight loss? WW is a reduced calorie, lower fat program that guides members to a healthy weight. The plan gives each member a daily points allowance that represents the food options for the day. In addition, every member has zero point foods that can be eaten to satisfaction plus a flexible weekly points budget.
Which WW plan is best for vegetarians? While all WW plans can be used for vegetarians and vegans, we recommend the Purple plan for vegetarians.
Old Weight Watchers Plans
Weight Watchers has offered a number of programs for members over the years and has a long history of weight loss options.
- Weight Watchers was founded by Jean Nidetch in 1961.
- Weight Watchers Quick Success program was introduced in 1988.
- In 1998, Weight Watchers introduced the first points system, 1,2,3 Success Points Plan.
- Winning Points system was introduced in 2000.
- Pure Points was launched in 2002.
- In 2004 the Core plan was introduced.
- In 2010, Pro Points was introduced, which included fruit being zero points.
- Your Way program was introduced in 2016, which included Smart Points and Fit Points.
- 2018 Weight Watchers Reimagined started the focus on wellness in addition to weight loss.
- In 2018, Weight Watchers rebranded to WW and introduced WW Freestyle with the 200 zero points food list.
- In 2019, WW introduced MyWW with the option for members to choose the Green, Blue, or Purple color plans.
Click here to read more about previous WW plans and here is an overview of what the Weight Watchers program was like in the 1960s.
Weight Watchers continues to be a leader in the weight loss industry, and members look forward to seeing what a new plan will offer to help them get to their goal weight and reach weight loss success.
What do you think about a new WW program in 2022? Share your thoughts in the comments below.