This is the best Air Fryer Panko Breaded Salmon recipe I’ve found, a delicious, healthy dinner that comes together in minutes. We predict it will quickly become a family favorite.
Low in calories and WW points, this fish dinner recipe quickly comes together and has a crunchy texture. We provide both oven and air fryer options for how to cook this flaky, tender fish.
MyWW Blue 3 points, MyWW Green 12 points, MyWW Purple 3 points per serving.
Healthy Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
Are you looking for dinner recipes you can cook in your air fryer? Check out our Air Fryer Chicken Tenders and Air Fryer Lemon Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe as other great options.
We use our air fryer for lots of sides (you can’t get better french fries than in the air fryer) but don’t forget about the ways you can use your air fryer for healthy dinner options, too.
A quick air fryer tip is to keep in mind the size of your basket. If you have a bigger family I would recommend buying the biggest basket you can find or consider getting an air fryer oven.
Air frying is great because you get crispy and crunchy food without the added fat, but a key to air fryer cooking is not overcrowding food so that air can fully circulate.
Air Fryer Cooking Tips
You’ll find that works especially well in this recipe where the panko coating on the fish is crunchy and crispy without added fat from frying.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe Video
Frequently Asked Questions about Air Fryer Salmon
How long does it take to cook salmon and other fish in the air fryer?
Cooking fish in the air fryer will depend on how thick your cut of fish. Many types of fish only take 4-9 minutes in the air fryer. You can tell the fish is fully cooked when it flakes easily with a fork. This recipe only takes between 7-9 minutes, depending on the size of the salmon.
Can you eat the skin on fish?
Yes, you can eat fish skin and in fact it’s full of healthy fats and nutrients. When cooked well, the skin adds another dimension of flavor, too.
Weight Watchers Air Fryer Salmon
The air fryer is great for Weight Watchers members because you get delicious crunchy foods without all the extra fat that adds a crazy amount of points. I love this salmon recipe because salmon is a zero point food on Blue and Purple (yes!) and low points on Green.
Plus, it just takes a few minutes to cook.
This recipe also makes a really generous 6 ounce serving. Add some zero point veggies and you’ve got a complete meal.
If you want to round out the dinner with some potatoes or rice, you have the points for it.
Weight Watchers Air Fryer Salmon recipe – MyWW Blue 3 points, MyWW Green 12 points, MyWW Purple 3 points per serving.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Panko Salmon
Here are the ingredients you will need for this healthy dinner recipe.
1 piece of salmon, 6 ounces
red pepper flakes
How to Make Panko Salmon in the Oven
- Follow directions on recipe to prepare fish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place prepared fish on baking sheet. Spray top of fish with cooking spray.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Air Fryer Panko Salmon Recipe
We love salmon and this has been a favorite recipe for salmon in the Air Fryer. Even kids enjoy this crunch dinner.
Collect all ingredients.
Combine all the dry ingredients.
Brush salmon with oil and then add panko mixture to salmon.
Cook salmon in Air Fryer for 7-9 minutes.
Serve with a side of your favorite air fryer vegetables.
Air Fryer Panko Breaded Salmon Recipe
- 1 piece of salmon 6 ounces
- 1/8 cup panko crumbs
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pre-heat Air Fryer to 350 for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add panko crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Add garlic powder, red pepper flakes and parsley.
- Whisk ingredients together.
- Place salmon, skin side down on a plate and brush the salmon with the olive oil. Press the panko mixture onto the salmon. Cover well.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in Air Fryer. Be sure to poke holes in the paper to allow the air to flow and cook salmon.
- Place salmon into Air Fryer and cook for 7-9 minutes. This will depend on the thickness of your piece of salmon.
- If desired,enjoy with Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables!
What is your favorite fish to cook in the Air Fryer?
Salmon is one of our favorites and this recipe is the best we’ve made so far. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. White fish such as cod and tilapia are delicious as well.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Pin this Air Fryer Salmon Recipe for Later