- Getting to Know Jesus Online Bible Study
- The Difference Between Religion and the Gospel
- The Ten Commandments: Ten Truths That Give Life
- What Good Gifts Teach Us About God’s Love
- Who is Jesus Christ?
- What is the Holy Spirit Doing in Your Life?
- Why Do We Pray the Lord’s Prayer?
- What is Baptism?
- Do You Need Confession and Absolution?
- Why Do We Celebrate the Lord’s Supper?
I want to know Jesus.
For all my life, I’ve known about Jesus. Baptized as a baby, my parents took me to church every Sunday. I grew up knowing about Jesus from church, Sunday School, and Christian school. This foundational teaching is a blessing beyond measure.
Yet knowing about Jesus is so different from knowing Jesus.
I have read Bible stories.
I’ve memorized Scripture verses.
Yet do I have a personal, deep relationship with Jesus?
I remember when I first met my husband. We spent hours on the phone getting to know one another. (Remember, this was pre-email and we lived several states apart.) More than once, we spent all night on the phone, and this was when long-distance phone calls were expensive. I remember hearing my dad get up early for work, and I knew I was in big trouble because I was still on the phone from the night before!
I was willing to suffer the consequences of those phone all-nighters – falling asleep in class the next day, paying the huge phone bill, and getting in trouble with my parents, all because I craved getting to know this important new man in my life.
I wanted to know all the facts about my new boyfriend – what’s his favorite color? What toppings does he eat on his pizza? But even more, I wanted to know him. What are his hopes and dreams for the future? What are his deepest convictions?
In the same way, I desire that deep relationship with my Savior and Lord, Jesus.
Getting to Know Jesus
I invite you to join me on a journey into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
Together on this website, we will read the book Getting to Know Jesus: Using the Six Core Teachings of the Bible to Grow in a Deeper Relationship with Jesus, by Paul Schult.
In this study, we will discover:
- How can I get to know Jesus better?
- How can I possibly understand all that the Bible teaches and reveals?
- What is the most important teaching in the Bible for me to know?
Will you join us?
Getting to Know Jesus Online Bible Study
Much of our discussion takes place in our Getting to Know Jesus Facebook group. Come and join us there for discussion weekly. (Hint: The author makes a guest appearance.)
While you are welcome to join in the discussion no matter what, I encourage you to purchase the book and read along for maximum benefit. You can purchase the book Getting to Know Jesus here in print or Kindle version.
Each week I’ll be posting a blog post digging deeper into one aspect of the readings, as well.
The Six Core Teachings of the Christian Faith
We will develop a closer relationship with Jesus by learning more about the 6 core teachings of the Christian faith:
- The Ten Commandments – reveal God’s values
- The Apostles’ Creed – reveals God’s identity
- The Lord’s Prayer – reveals how to communicate with God
- Baptism – reveals how to be identified with God
- Confession & Forgiveness – reveal how to be honest with God
- The Lord’s Supper – reveals how to commune with God
Getting to Know Jesus Bible Study
Grow closer to Jesus this year.
Follow our Getting to Know Jesus Online Bible study.
Receive devotions & email updates.