Looking for the Best Air Fryer for you? Air is the new oil. Air Fryers have hit the market with a bang. These countertop appliances promise to make not just your favorite french fries, but also lots of different recipes for the whole family to enjoy. Most use 75% less oil than deep fat frying. Keep reading as we guide you through how to choose the best air fryer for you.
What Is An Air Fryer
It is a cooking appliance that circulates hot air around the food like a deep fryer uses hot oil to circulate around food to cook it thoroughly. The new Philips XXL Air Fryer claims to use up to 90% less fat and cooks 4 times faster than an oven.
This countertop machine will do more than just fry foods in less oil. Some have features that can grill, bake, and even roast different types of foods.
Of course, with any appliance you add to our home, you will want to do a little research to find out what features and accessories you need, and today’s post will walk you through your purchasing decision.
Below you’ll find a list of reviews that will help you find the best one for your family.
Benefits Of An Air Fryer
- Low-fat meals.
- Easy cleanup.
- Uses hot-air circulation, it will cook your ingredients from all angles- with no oil needed.
- This ultimately produces healthier foods than most fryers and spares you from that unwanted aroma of fried foods in your home.
How To Choose The Best Air Fryer For You
Choosing the best one for you can seem a bit overwhelming since there are so many on the market today. I recommend you stick to a name brand and look at Amazon.com reviews as a guide. Focus on size based on your family’s needs and the types of foods you want to cook.
Any of the following links will give you a high-quality machine you’ll use for years.
Best Air Fryer Reviews
All of the ones listed below can be found on Amazon.com and any of them will give you a high-quality machine that will help you cook many healthy, delicious recipes for your family to enjoy.
- Rapid air technology circulates hot air with speed and precision to cook food evenly
- A smart preset button that memorizes the setting for your favorite food; Automatic shut-off
- Large 2.65-Lb. Cooking capacity is the perfect capacity to Feed 4 people
- The digital touchscreen interface lets you easily customize the setting to cook your food exactly as you want
- Removable nonstick drawer and the food basket are dishwasher safe
The Tidylife Air Fryer XL is great for a family of 4 or fewer. Top benefits include the digital touchscreen feature and ease of cleaning because the basket is dishwasher proof.
- Dual Convection Fans – The exclusive cooking element combines heat with a powerful dual fan convection system to circulate hot air around food for fast, crispy results
- 2L Capacity – The 2-liter (about 8-cup) basket fits 2-4 servings of your favorite snacks and main dishes
- Quick and easy cleanup – The nonstick cooking surfaces release food without the need of cooking spray; plus, the fryer basket and basket separator are dishwasher-safe
- Variable Temperature Control and Indicator Lights – The temperature control ranges from 175-400°F; one indicator light shows when the unit is powered on, and the other turns off when the preheat temperature is reached
We love this machine for its non-stick parts, basket separator, and the cool-touch handle. It can make 4 fish fillets in around 10-12 minutes.
- Cook all your favorite fried food (up to 2.2 lbs) with only a tablespoon or less of oil; Food capacity 1kg
- Simple on/off switch and digital countdown timer with buzzer for easy monitoring. Easy 2 button operation: on/off switch and digital countdown timer with buzzer
- Removable ceramic-coated nonstick pan (PTFE and PFOA free) for an easy cleanup
- Secure lid for safe splatter-free cooking; stay-cool exterior; filter for odorless cooking
- Color recipe book (38 recipes) and measuring spoon included; dishwasher-safe parts for quick cleanup
This one may look different, but it has equal ratings to that of the Black + Decker linked above. Using just a tablespoon or less of oil, the machine cooks a variety of items from meats and seafood to stir-fries, vegetables, desserts, and more, including up to 2 pounds of French fries that are hot and crispy on the outside and deliciously soft and fluffy on the inside.
- Sleek and modern look with advanced touch screen menu. Take the guesswork out of cooking with the built-in touch screen menu featuring 8 cooking presets Fries/Chips, Pork, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, Cake, Fish, and Pizza. Equipped with a wide temperature range from 180F to 400F in 10-degree increments and a cooking timer up to 30 minutes. This XL fryer can feed a family of 4 and more.
- Featuring a new Start/Stop button to change time and temperature in the middle of a cook cycle. Don’t forget to shake with the new built-in alarm function that reminds you to shake your ingredients in 5, 10, 15 minute increments.
- It comes with a non-stick FDA-certified and PFOA free pan and detachable basket equipped with a cool-touch handle and button guard to prevent accidental detachment. Shake and flip contents in the middle of your cooking program with the detachable frying basket.
This is a great machine with a very large basket. You could fit a smaller sized whole chicken in it. The fan on this one seems a little quieter than the others we’ve tried.
- Triple cooking power: Halogen, Convection, and Infrared heat
- Quickly cooks from frozen, no thawing time needed
- 2 trays cook multiple foods at the same time
- Uses less energy; Cooking up to 3x faster
- Lid’s tight seal keeps hot air inside.there is no guarantee cooking times and should use a higher heat setting for faster cooking time.
This air cooker is huge with a 16-quart capacity. You can also cook two of your favorite foods at one time, which is a great time saver.
- 1800-Watts with 7 Functions: Fryer, Convection Bake, Convection Broil, Bake, Broil, Warm, Toast
- 0.6 Cubic Foot Non-Stick Interior with Oven Light
- Capacity: Toast 6 slices of bread, Fry 3lbs of chicken wings, Bake a 12-inch pizza or Roast a 4-pound chicken
- Adjustable Thermostat with 60-Minute Timer/Auto Shutoff, Toast Shade Selector-Timer
- Includes: Oven Rack, Baking Pan, Rack/Basket
The Cuisinart is top of the line when it comes to making your purchase.
Which is the Best Air Fryer for You?
The best one for you really depends on your family’s needs and budget. Look at each one listed above, paying special attention to each feature and capacity. Look at the programming. Do you like analog or digital controls? What accessories come with the purchase? Is a cookbook included? Are all the parts dishwasher safe?
These are all important questions to ask yourself as you look for the best one to buy for your family.
We have several recipes for you to try out once you purchase the perfect one for you.
What Size Air Fryer Do I Need
For Party Hosts, I would suggest a 6-10 quart machine.
For a family of 3 or more, I suggest getting a 6 quart.
For the date night dinner, I would recommend a 3-quart machine.
For the solo dinners, get a 2-3 quart.
Do you own one of these machines? Which model did you purchase?
More Posts You Will Love