Sweet, tangy, and just a bit spicy – this is one of my favorite combinations. All these amazing flavors come together perfectly in Coconut Shrimp, a popular restaurant appetizer. Make this healthier version of Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with your handy Air Fryer that bakes items with a fraction of the fat of frying.
Air Fryer Cooking
An Air Fryer is a mini-convection oven. With an Air Fryer, foods get crispy on all sides, and this coconut shrimp is no exception.
GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer XL + 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)SUPER DEAL 1500W Electric Air Fryer with Rapid Air Technology Touch Screen 7 Cooking Presets Menu, Timer and Temperature Control, 3.7 QT
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Make this healthier version of the restaurant coconut shrimp appetizer. Your family will love the special treat.
- 16 oz large shrimp (about 16 to 20), peeled to the tail
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- spray can of olive oil
- Set the shrimp on a flat surface that is covered with paper towels.
- Pat the shrimp dry.
- Place the eggs in a shallow dish and whisk.
- Add Panko, coconut, and seasonings to a separate bowl. Mix to combine.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F.
- Dredge each shrimp first in the egg mixture, and finally press it into the breadcrumb-coconut mixture to coat all sides.
- Air-fry the shrimp for 5 minutes. Plan to make 2 batches.
For Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup cherry or cranberry preserves
1 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp red pepper.
Mix all to combine.
Set the shrimp on a flat surface that is covered with paper towels.
Pat the shrimp dry.
Place the eggs in a shallow dish and whisk.
Add Panko, coconut, and seasonings to a separate bowl. Mix to combine.
Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F.
Dredge each shrimp first in the egg mixture, and finally press it into the breadcrumb-coconut mixture to coat all sides.
Bake shrimp for 5 minutes. Plan to make two batches.
Serve shrimp with dipping sauce.
Weight Watchers Freestyle – 5 points each serving of shrimp. Dipping sauce – 1 pt per tablespoon.
What’s your favorite Air Fryer recipe?
More Posts You Will Love