Are you looking for a meal plan for weight loss? If you are, you might wonder how to go about finding the right meal plan for you. There are lots of options out there and which one is going to deliver the results you want with the least amount of hunger or bother? What if I told you I had the perfect meal plan for you? What I describe below is the ONLY weight loss meal plan you will ever need to get to your goal weight and stay there.
Why Use a Weight Loss Meal Plan?
A weight loss meal plan is helpful for weight loss.
Weight loss meal plans can be beneficial to save you time and energy during the weight loss process. It’s great having everything laid out and ready to go. A simple meal plan to lose weight will be filled with foods that are easy to prepare and also taste delicious.
A meal plan is also helpful if you aren’t totally sure what foods would be best for losing weight.
A meal plan can also help you balance out the day’s calories. With a nutritious meal plan, your calories will be more balanced between breakfast, lunch, and dinner and will include the nutrition you need such as protein, healthy fat, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Favorite Weight Loss Meal Plans
If you are looking for a pre-made meal plan, here are some of my favorite meal plans for losing weight. These are designed for the Weight Watchers/WW Freestyle system but work great if you follow WW or not.
Are you wondering which weight loss meal plan is best? While there isn’t one right weight loss plan for everyone, these are a great place to start. As someone who has lost 100 pounds and has been maintaining for over a decade, I am here to assure you that these work.
All of these meal plans are filled with weight loss friendly foods and meal prep options. They are also great meal plans for beginners who want to lose weight and aren’t sure where to start.
Plus, be sure to download our free Meal Plan and Grocery List printable that makes your planning extra easy.
Plan Tomorrow’s Food Today – Pre-Tracking for Weight Loss Success
While pre-written meal plans are helpful, especially when you are starting or re-starting a healthy eating program, ultimately I want you to have the strategies in place to make healthy choices no matter the situation.
Here is a strategy that gives you the only weight loss meal plan you’ll ever need. Plan tomorrow’s food today.
Together with my business partner Becky, I run a Christian women’s weight loss program called Faithful Finish Lines. At Faithful Finish Lines, we teach women to track what they eat the day before, or pre-tracking.
Pre-tracking is easy with today’s technology. In an app like Weight Watchers or My Fitness Pal, simply track what you plan to eat the next day.
Why is pre-tracking such a helpful weight loss meal plan strategy?
- Pre-tracking works amazingly well because you are using the front, logical part of your brain to make wise food decisions. No more giving in to “toddler brain” cravings.
- There’s no need to rebel since you are the one who created the plan.
- You’ll be sure to have all the healthy foods on hand that you need. No running through the drive-thru.
- Think about food less because it’s already been decided.
- Make sure you have enough calories/points for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- Need to make an adjustment? Simply swap out the items in your food log or tracker and move forward.
Helpful Tips for Planning Tomorrow’s Food Today
Here are a few helpful strategies to make planning tomorrow’s food today into a strategy you can use for long-term healthy eating.
- What if you need to make a food swap? No problem. Simply change it in your tracker. (We do, however, encourage you to keep your food swaps to a minimum.)
- Make your plan realistic. This isn’t about making your food plan look picture-perfect because it will be too difficult to follow.
- Plan in some treats. In fact, we require our members to eat at least 3 junk food treats per week. Sound crazy? It’s not. We call this our anti-binge policy. A one-serving portion of a delicious treat food can absolutely be a regular part of a weight loss diet.
- Consider planning the whole week at a time, or all your dinners for the week. This makes the process even faster and easier.
With the strategy in place to plan tomorrow’s food today, you’ll have the ONLY weight loss meal plan you will really need for lasting weight loss.
More Posts You Will Love
Pin this Weight Loss Post for Later
Free 1 Week Course!
Real Fitness. Healthy Eating. New You.
The Busy Woman's Mini-Course.