This Weight Watchers Chickpea Salad is a delicious recipe that works as a tasty side dish or a filling main dish lunch salad. Chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) are rich in fiber, plus enjoy the crunch of crisp vegetables in this tasty dish.
Vegetables are great for anyone who wants to lose weight because they are incredibly low in calories, full of fiber, and loaded with nutrition.
Weight Watchers Points for Chickpea Salad
This recipe is 0 points.
Ways to Serve Chickpea Salad
This garbanzo bean salad is fast and easy to make since it uses canned beans and a few simple ingredients.
Use it as a side dish along with chicken, pork, or burgers. Or, serve it over greens for a hearty and filling main dish meal.
This salad is:
- naturally gluten free
- naturally dairy free
- Whole Food, Plant Based, SOS (salt, oil, sugar) Free
- Low in calories and WW points
- High in fiber
- Great for potlucks, picnics, church dinners and parties
Chickpea & Red Onion Salad Recipe (in 3 easy steps!)
Here are the simply, easy instructions for making this fresh and tasty garbanzo bean salad. Start by chopping or dicing any ingredients as required.
Step 1: Soak raw red onion
After chopping the red onion, we recommend soaking it in water. Soaking raw onions removes some of the bitterness and makes them sweeter. If you are crunched for time (or prefer your onions spicy), you can skip this step.
Step 2: Combine all ingredients for salad
Toss together ingredients to combine.
Step 3: Make dressing and toss to coat.
Combine broth, lemon juice, salt, and sweetener, then pour over salad. Stir to coat.
Weight Watchers Chickpea Salad
- 1/3 cup diced red onion finely diced, from one small, peeled red onion
- 2 cans chickpeas 15 ounces each, drained and rinsed
- 2 item Roma tomato diced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 4 stalks green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 T lemon juice juice from 1 lemon
- 4 T balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 packet Stevia or Monk Fruit powder, optional
- Place the diced onion in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain very well. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine chickpeas, tomatoes, parsley, and green onion.
- Add the onion and stir to combine.
- Combine broth, lemon juice, vinegar salt, and sweetener (if using). Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Tastes best if you allow it to set for 4-6 hours (or overnight) for flavors to blend. Stir before serving.
What’s your favorite bean salad? Share in the comments below.
More Recipes You Will Love