This WW Orange Fluff Salad Recipe is one of my favorite Jell-O salad recipes as a Weight Watchers member. Creamy and comforting, this recipe is a throw-back to the popular Jell-O salad recipe that will remind you of your childhood.
Popular Creamcicle Salad Recipe (aka The Holy Mess Fluffy Chow)
This type of sweet and creamy recipe is the type of salad (and I use the term “salad” a bit sarcastically here) that was a hit at family gatherings and potlucks throughout my childhood in the 1980s.
My mom used to make this mandarin orange salad every time we got together as a family, and we lovingly referred to it as Fluffy Chow.
This recipe is great for:
- holiday gatherings
- anytime you want a delicious dessert or side dish that isn’t too high in points
If making for yourself, I suggest doing meal prep by making this dessert on the weekend and portioning it into individual servings to enjoy throughout the week.
Weight Watchers Points for Jell-O Salad
This version of orange fluff salad is 8 servings of approximately 1/2 cup per serving.
Click here for WW Points in the WW app for Orange Fluff Salad.
Updated December 2022 for Weight Watchers points.
Fluffy Jell-O Salad Variations
Gelatin salads can be made a variety of ways. Here are some options with this creamcicle salad:
- Swap out various gelatin flavors to change up the entire flavor of the salad. Be sure to use sugar-free versions to keep the points lower.
- Add canned crushed pineapple or fruit cocktail packed in juice.
- Mix in plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, cream cheese (use light or fat-free to reduce points) or non-fat sour or light sour cream instead of cottage cheese.
- Add chopped pecans or walnuts. Adjust points accordingly.
- Leave out or cut back on the coconut to reduce points. Be sure to use unsweetened coconut in this recipe because coconut with sugar adds points.
- You can make this salad without marshmallows to save points. Your salad won’t be as sweet, but you still have sweetness from the Jello packet.
Tips for Making Weight Watchers Fluff Salad
Here are helpful tips for making this popular WW side dish or dessert.
- This can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. You’ll want to cover it with plastic wrap or a lid when storing it or it will dry out.
- Do not freeze.
- If you store this salad in the fridge for at least a day, the flavor has a chance to really soak in and it’s truly the best.
- Stir it well after storing it, as some of the liquid will migrate to the top. Just give it a stir and the texture will be creamy again.
- The marshmallows will get much gooier and sort of dissolve into the salad once stored. Don’t be alarmed, this is to be expected and only makes the flavor better.
Lighter Orange Jello Salad
Here are step-by-step directions with photos for how to make orange fluff salad.
Gather ingredients for your Jell-O salad. Be sure to use sugar-free gelatin for the lowest points.
Begin by mixing the whipped topping into the gelatin mix making sure it is smooth and creamy.
Mix ingredients together. (Do your best not to eat them all while you are mixing – everything tastes so good!)
Stir to combine. Is this a salad, a side-dish, or a dessert? Does it matter?
WW Orange Fluff Salad
- 8 ounces whipped topping light, sugar free, or fat free such as Cool Whip
- 1 box sugar-free orange gelatin mix such as Jell-O
- 14 oz can mandarin oranges, drained packed in juice, if possible
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup cottage cheese, low fat
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- Combine the whipped cream and orange gelatin powder in a large mixing bowl and mix until no white streaks remain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fold them in until fully combined.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge, covered, until ready to serve.
Your family and friends will never know they are eating anything “diet” when they dig into this cool, refreshing salad that is great for holidays, potlucks and gatherings.
Or, save it for yourself by meal prepping for a week’s lunches or desserts.
More WW (Weight Watchers Reimagined) Recipes You Will Love
WW Taco Avocado – easy low carb lunch
WW Apple Broccoli Salad – a reader favorite ww side dish recipe
Copycat Aldi Brownie Batter Hummus
WW Hummus without Oil or Tahini – fat free hummus that is creamy
WW Dinners for Every Night of the Week – easy ideas to get dinner on the table fast yet keep it low in points
WW Vegetables – Easy Ways to Earn More PP with veggies
WW Egg Roll in a Bowl – Low point and tastes like take-out
Leave a Reply