Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, but if you’ve been down the breakfast aisle of the grocery store, you will find that your choices for a low point Weight Watchers breakfast are limited. But don’t lose heart – you are sure to love these 50+ Weight Watchers breakfast recipes and meal plans. Fill up on a hearty, healthy breakfast to set yourself up for weight loss success and good choices throughout the day.
Which Weight Watchers Breakfast is Best?
When it comes to a WW breakfast that is low in points, one of the first things you will notice is that you need to steer away from most pre-packaged, carb-heavy options. Since 2017 and now into 2020, Weight Watchers (or WW – Wellness Wins) is focusing on real, unprocessed foods that are low in sugar and empty carbs and high in protein.
This is wise decision on the part of WW, because so many pancake mixes and breakfast bars promise to “fuel your day,” but because of the high carbs and low protein, you soon crash.
Now with the MyWW program introduced in 2020, Weight Watchers members have more options that ever before because they can choose between the MyWW Green, MyWW Blue and MyWW Purple plans. We’ve listed points for all 3 plans for all our breakfast recipes below.
While we do include some treat foods on our list below, we mark them as such and suggest you pair them with a healthier option, as well.
We’ve divided our list of WW breakfast list into Weight Watchers breakfast recipes, both sweet and savory, and WW breakfast ideas, which don’t even need a recipe and are quick to throw together in a hurry. If you need a quick Weight Watchers breakfast on the go, these are helpful options if you need to eat in the car, at work, at your desk, or at home but in a hurry.
We focus on breakfast options that are low in points because – really, who wants to spend the bulk of their points for the day on breakfast? I know I sure don’t! I want to be save my points to be sure I have enough to get me through the whole day, although I would encourage you not to be afraid to spend points on breakfast. You’ll be more satisfied and less likely to overeat later.
If I do splurge on a special breakfast treat, my strategy is to plan the rest of the day’s points in advance so I know I won’t go hungry. With the Zero Point Blue, Zero Point Green and Zero Point Purple Food Lists, this is absolutely possible.
Should You Eat Breakfast to Lose Weight?
Most experts agree that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, although some of that theory is changing with the rise in popularity of the keto diet and along with it, Intermittent Fasting and Bullet-Proof coffee. With these methods, people often skip breakfast or drink coffee with just fat.
Still, so far the medical research points to the importance of breakfast. I can tell you that during my 100 pound weight loss, breakfast was important and now that I’m maintaining at WW Lifetime and at my personal goal weight of 140 lbs, I eat breakfast every single day and I’m not afraid to use points for breakfast.
Weight Watchers Breakfast Recipes
Check out these yummy, healthy breakfast ideas that are low in points and high in satisfaction.
Sweet Breakfast Recipes for Weight Watchers
The following recipes are from other WW blogs and websites, so please be sure to double-check points for accuracy, especially with the new MyWW plans.
- Fluffy Pancakes 1 point on all MyWW Color plans – These pancakes are a variation of 2 ingredient dough and do not have bananas.
- Strawberry Fro-Yo Bark – 0 points on all MyWW Color plans, this is Greek yogurt and fruit. This needs to be made ahead. Try different fruit varieties!
- One Point Pancakes 1 point on all MyWW Color plans – Banana, yogurt, flour, and milk come together for a recipe that is one point per pancake.
- Nutella Wontons – 2 points on all MyWW Color plans. This is a real treat! Keep in mind though the portions are smalls so plan to eat this with some protein, and have a plan for how to not eat the rest of the jar of Nutella (a weakness of mine).
- Homemade Fruit & Nut Bars – 4 points on all MyWW plans. These look like an amazing homemade granola bar. My one word of caution is that the serving size is small, so plan to eat something with it, and if you are like me, freeze the extra so you aren’t tempted to eat them all at once.
- Apple Muffins – 0 points per muffin on all MyWW Color plans. These muffins start with a sugar-free cake mix so they are easy.
- Zero Point Banana Souffle MyWW Blue – 0 point, MyWW Green – 4 points, MyWW Purple – 0 points – This is so good! With just 2 ingrients and all real food, this is a great breakfast (make it in a mug for on the go) or snack.
- Raspberry Peach Baked Oatmeal Singles 3 points MyWW Green, 3 points MyWW Blue or 2 points MyWW Purple. Similar to a muffin, this is fruity oatmeal baked in a muffin tin.
- Breakfast Smoothie Bowl 2 points on all MyWW color plans. (proceed with caution!) I included this smoothie bowl because it’s absolutely gorgeous and I’m sure tasty, but unfortunately I don’t think the points are accurate because according to WW, blended fruit has points. If you have this, stick to it as a once-in-awhile treat.
- Apple Pie Bubble Up Casserole – 3 points on all MyWW color plans. Made with refrigerator biscuits, this is such a treat and is a generous serving size. This is a great Weight Watchers breakfast recipe to serve a crowd. Your guests will never know it’s light.
- Protein Packed Waffles – 5 points MyWW Green, 3 points MyWW Blue, 1 point MyWW Purple. These waffles are easy because you make the dough in the blender. Made with cottage cheese for protein, these are similar to a Biggest Loser pancake recipe that was popular for many years.
- Flax Seed Bagels 7 MyWW Green points, 5 MyWW Blue Points, 5 MyWW Purple points – Two ingredient dough made into tasty bagels.
- Lemon Coconut Doughnuts – 3 points on all MyWW Color plans. These baked doughnuts work best made with a doughnut pan.
- Banana Bread – 4 MyWW Green points, 4 MyWW Blue points, 4 MyWW Purple points. This banana bread is made with Splenda Naturals.
Savory Breakfast Ideas for Weight Watchers
- Breakfast Sandwich 5 MyWW Green points, 3 MyWW Blue points, 3 MyWW Purple points. Light english muffin, ham, eggs and full of protein.
- Bacon & Egg Cheesy Grits – 6 MyWW Green points, 4 MyWW Blue points, 4 MyWW Purple. If you like grits, check out this recipe. It includes ricotta for creaminess.
- Low Carb Southwest Egg Muffin – 0 points MyWW Blue & Purple plans, 2 MyWW Purple points – These egg muffins are full of southwest flavor and easy to make in a muffin tin.
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Pockets 9 MyWW Green points, 6 MyWW Blue & Purple points – Sausage and eggs stuffed into a 2 ingredient dough pocket.
- Instant Pot Egg Bake 6 MyWW Green points, 3 MyWW Blue points, 0 MyWW Purple points – Hash brown, egg, and cheese casserole made in your Instant Pot.
- Slow Cooker Hashbrown & Ham Casserole – 5 MyWW Green points, 2 MyWW Blue points, 1 MyWW Purple point. Packed with nutrition and flavor, this dish is so easy made in your crock pot and is a wonderful WW breakfast casserole option.
- Breakfast Pizza 3 MyWW Green points, 2 MyWW Blue & Purple points. Egg white breakfast pizza with a pita crust, pizza sauce and cheese.
- Quiche 2 MyWW Green points, 0 MyWW Blue and Purple points – A delicious crustless quiche for just 1 point per serving.
- Veggie Egg Scramble 3 MyWW Green points, 1 points MyWW Blue & Purple . Healthy eggs with lots of mix-in options.
- Air Fryer Bacon 3 slices – 5 points MyWW Green & Blue, 6 points MyWW Purple, – Get your bacon super crispy in an Air Fryer.
- Instant Pot Egg Bites 3 MyWW Green points, 2 points MyWW Blue & Purple – per egg bite. These Starbucks copy cat egg bites are super popular because they are so tasty and fun to eat.
- Veggie Breakfast Cups 3 MyWW Green points, 1 MyWW Blue point, 0 MyWW Purple points. Hash browns, eggs, and veggies baked in muffin tins.
- Baked Omelet 3 MyWW Green points, 1 MyWW Blue point, 2 MyWW Purple points. Make this delicious omelet baked in the oven, then slice for serving.
- Cheesy Biscuits 3 MyWW Green points, 2 points MyWW Blue & Purple – Delicious cheesy biscuits made with 2 ingredient dough.
- 2 Point Breakfast 4 points MyWW Green, 2 points MyWW Blue and Purple plans – Veggies, egg beater or eggs, and Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage scrambled together for a quick and filling breakfast.
- Breakfast Taquitos 2 points on all MyWW color plans.- These are fun! A tasty taquito breakfast-style for just 2 points.
- Crab Cakes Benedict – 3 points on MyWW Blue & Purple 5 points on MyWW Green – These crab cakes take quite a few ingredients so plan on these for a weekend morning when you have extra time.
Easy WW Breakfast Pizza for One
Here’s a quick and easy breakfast that is high in protein and easy to prepare.
- 1/2 cup egg whites (0 points on MyWW Blue and Purple, 1 pt on MyWW Green)
- 1 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (2 points on all plans)
- 2 T pizza sauce (1 point on all plans)
- 15 slices turkey pepperoni (2 points on all plans)
- Veggies if desired – I use spinach and mushrooms.
Pour eggs into small skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Carefully flip. Add cheese and toppings. Cook 1-2 minutes more for an individual egg “pizza”. (You will need to eat it with a fork.)
Weight Watchers Breakfast Ideas that are NOT Eggs
Whether you can’t eat eggs or just get tired of them and are ready for a change of pace, we’ve had requests from a number of people for breakfast ideas – minus the eggs.
What are some Weight Watchers breakfast ideas that do NOT include eggs?
- Greek Non-fat Yogurt and fruit – 2 points on all MyWW Color plans.
- Cottage cheese and fruit – 3 points for 1 cup low fat cottage cheese on all MyWW Color plans.
- Vegetable and turkey sausage scramble (2 patties) – 3 points on MyWW Purple and Blue, 5 Points on MyWW Green
- Oatmeal – 1 cup – 5 points on all MyWW Color plans.
- Overnight oats (with berries) 1 cup – 5 points on all MyWW Color plans.
- Smoothie (remember blended fruit has points) points depend on ingredients and serving size.
- Muffins- points depend on ingredients and serving size.
- Protein Bar – Protein One Peanut butter chocolate protein bars, Skinny Latte – 2 points on all MyWW Color plans.
- Coffee with Premier Protein – Café latte whey protein powder- 2 points on all MyWW Color plans.
- Light toast with peanut butter – 4 points on all MyWW Color plans.
- Cereal with milk or almond milk – points depend on choice of cereal and amount of milk.
Weight Watchers Low Point Prepared Breakfast Foods
While of course it’s ideal to have a home-made breakfast, sometimes you need something quick for when you are on the run. These are some awesome breakfasts for when you are on the go or if you are preparing for one person.
Almond Breeze, Unsweetened Vanilla or Original – 1 point on all MyWW Color plans. Great on cereal or in recipes.
Fiber One – 1/2 cup of original Fiber One is 2 points on all MyWW Color plans, although I have to warn you it’s a bit like eating little cardboard sticks. I do like it sprinkled on top of yogurt (like granola) or in recipes. 1 cup of Fiber One Honey Clusters is 6 points on all MyWW Color plans and very tasty.
Kashi Go Lean Original – 1 1/4 cup – 5 points on all MyWW Color plans. Better than Fiber One to eat plain, but still not fabulous. Good sprinkled on yogurt. I like the other Kashi GoLean varieties of cereal better, but they are higher in points.
Special K Red Berries Cereal – 4 points on all MyWW Color plans for 1 cup. This is a tasty treat, but plan to eat some protein and fruit with it or you’ll be starving by mid-morning.
Lean Pockets Breakfast Stuffed Sandwich – 8 points on all MyWW Color plans.
Jimmy Dean Delights Breakfast Sandwiches and Bowls – 6-7 points points on all MyWW Color plans.
Premier Protein – 2 points. I’m a bit obsessed with this in my coffee. It’s great hot or cold, in caramel (my fav), chocolate, or vanilla.
Nutpods – I also recently discovered Nutpods creamer and really love it because there’s no artificial sweetener. Nutpods is 0 points for 1 T and 1 point for 4T on all plans.
Quest Bars – 4-5 points. While not low in points, these are filling and tasty and one of the lower-point protein bars available.
Lot of 12 Premier Protein 30g High Protein Shakes 11 Oz. Variety Pack Contains Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberries & CreamAlmond Breeze Dairy Free Almondmilk, Unsweetened Original, 32 Ounce (Pack of 12)Quest Nutrition Protein Bar Adventure Variety Pack. Low Carb Meal Replacement Bar w/ 20g+ Protein. High Fiber, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free (12 Count)
Think Thin bars – 5-6 points. Filling and not too sweet.
Fiber One Protein Bar – 5 points. Taste good and with filling protein.
Fiber One 90 Calorie Lemon Bar – 4 points. Not as filling but more like a typical bar.
Weight Watchers Oatmeal – 3 points. These single serve oatmeal cups are handy to keep at your desk or at home for a quick snack.
Weight Watchers Snack Bars – 2 points. These are only 2 points but they are small, so be sure to pair with something more filling.
Sugar free pancake syrup – 1 point. Perfect addition to low point pancakes and waffles.
Protein Powder – 1 point on all MyWW Color plans. With protein powder being just one point per serving. Use it in smoothies, oatmeal, or recipes.
PB2 – 2 TBS – 1 point on all MyWW Color plans. This powdered peanut butter is a fraction of the calories of peanut butter.
Kodiak Pancake Mix. 6 points on all MyWW color plans. Use this high protein mix to make pancakes, waffles, muffins, and more.
Quest Nutrition Protein Powder, Vanilla Milkshake, High Protein, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Soy Free, 2lb Tub, Packaging May VaryPB2 Chocolate Powdered Peanut Butter – 1LB – 2 PackKodiak Cakes Protein Pancake Power Cakes, Flapjack and Waffle Baking Mix, Buttermilk, 20 Ounce (Pack of 3)
Beach Body Shakeology – 3-5 points on all MyWW color plans – per scoop. I personally have never tried Shakeology, but I’ve heard the shakes are tasty and quite filling. They fit into WW program.
Weight Watchers Fast Food Breakfast Options
- McDonald’s Egg White Delight McMuffin – 8 points on all MyWW Color plans. A healthy drive-through breakfast option with plenty of protein.
- McDonald’s Fruit &Yogurt Parfait – 8 points on all MyWW Color plans. A sweet option for a busy morning.
- McDonald’s Fruit & Maple Oatmeal – 12 points on MyWW Green & Blue plans, 8 points on MyWW Purple is a bit point-heavy but it is tasty and healthier than many options.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Latte Light – 4 points on all MyWW Color plans. Great for a once in awhile treat.
- Starbucks Skinny Latte Grande with Nonfat milk – 4 points on all MyWW Color plans
- Starbucks Turkey Bacon and Egg White Sandwich – 6 points on all MyWW Color plans.
- Starbucks Egg White and Red Pepper Sous Vide Bites – 5 points on all MyWW Color plans, or check out this Instant Pot version to make at home (1 point per bite).
Weight Watchers Breakfast Ideas
Here are a number of Weight Watchers easy breakfast ideas that are fast to pull together in a hurry.
- Hard boiled eggs – 2 points on MyWW Green, 0 points on MyWW Blue & Purple. If you have an Instant Pot, it makes quick and easy hard boiled eggs that are easy to peel.
- Fruit – 0 points on all MyWW plans. The fact that fruit is zero points is a tremendous advantage when it comes to breakfast options. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, mangos, and pineapple are just a few of the zero point fruit options available to you.
- Overnight Oats – Points vary depending on recipe. Include chia seeds since they are super filling, and try PB2 if you enjoy peanut butter.
- Instant Pot Greek Yogurt – 2 points on all MyWW Color plans. If you have an IP, give this recipe a try. It’s super easy to make and one batch makes 12 servings.
- Smoked Salmon – 2 points on MyWW Green, 0 points on MyWW Blue and Purple, have it on a 2 ingredient bagel.
- Baby bell cheese, light mini- 1 point on all MyWW Color plans. These little cuties are great with crackers, eggs, or just take and eat.
- Laughing Cow cheese wedges – 1 point on all MyWW Color plans. Spread into celery, on crackers, or cook with eggs to make them extra creamy.
- Oatmeal – 5 points on all MyWW Color plans.
- Dannon Light n Fit Greek Yogurt – 2 points on all MyWW Color plans and comes in a variety of flavors. (Has artificial sweetener.)
- Chobani Greek yogurt – 4 – 6 points on all MyWW Color Plans. No artificial sweetener.
- Scrambled eggs with veggies and salsa – 3 points MyWW Green, 1 point MyWW Blue & Purple points
- Omelet with eggs and vegetables – 3 points MyWW Green, 1 point MyWW Blue & Purple points
- Plain Greek yogurt + thawed frozen fruit. (Add zero point sweetener if desired) – 3 points on MyWW Green, 0 points on MyWW Blue & Purple
- Coffee with Premier Protein – 2 points on all MyWW plans. This is so good! Caramel premier protein is my favorite.
- Fruit and cottage cheese – 3 points on all MyWW Color plans for 1 cup cottage cheese
- Leftovers from dinner the night before – points vary
- 1 slices toast with light bread (such as Nature Harvest or Sara Lee light multigrain) and 1 T peanut butter and 1 T no-sugar jelly – 5 points on all MyWW Color Plans.
- Flat Out or Carbmaster Tortilla with eggs and salsa – 5 points on MyWW Green, 1 point on MyWW Blue and Purple
- 2 slices toast with light bread (such as Nature Harvest or Sara Lee light) with smashed 1/4th avocado – 5 points on all MyWW Color Plans.
- Banana souffle – MyWW Blue – 0 points, MyWW Green – 4 points, MyWW Purple – 0 points
- Kodiak pancakes – 5 points for 1/2 cup mix, prepared
- Light string cheese with lunch meat rolled around – 2-4 points depending on the meat of choice.
- Turkey sausage links – 1 point each link on all MyWW Color plans.
- Breakfast sandwiches – make in advance and freeze
- Light English muffin with 1 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar – 3 points on all MyWW Color plans.
- Breakfast burritos – 3 points per burrito on all MyWW Color plan when made with turkey sausage, make in advance and freeze
- Fruit salad – top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt mixed with sugar free jello pudding mix flavor of choice – 1 point on all MyWW Color plans.
- Smoothies – points vary. Keep in mind fruit that is blended has points, so plan accordingly and perhaps make smoothies a once in awhile treat.
With all of these amazing Weight Watcher breakfast recipes and ideas, you are sure to find something you love and never get bored. Because these ideas are low in points, you’ll still have plenty of points left for the rest of the day, while keeping fueled and feeling great.
What’s your favorite WW breakfast? Share in the comments.
Free PDF Printable – 25+ Healthy WW Freestyle Breakfast Ideas
Never run out of breakfast ideas again! Download this free printable with 25+ healthy breakfast ideas.
Do you love zero point recipes? Be sure to check out our Zero Point Cookbook for even more delicious recipes that are zero WW Freestyle Smart Points.
More WW Points You Will Love
Click here to join WW and get a discount code or free gift.
7 Tips Every Weight Watchers Member Should Know – These 7 tips every Weight Watchers member should know come from veteran Weight Watchers members (and me!), and will help you on your journey towards weight loss success.
25 Weight Watchers Air Fryer Recipes – These 25 top Weight Watchers Air Fryer recipes are great for air fryer cooking and will keep you on track with your points for the day.
Weight Watchers 7 Day Meal Plan – Basic – I call this our Basic Weight Watchers MyWW Meal Plan because this is a great meal plan if you are a Weight Watchers beginner or getting back into WW after some time away from the program.
Zero Point Turkey & Bean Chili – I call this our Basic Weight Watchers MyWW Meal Plan because this is a great meal plan if you are a Weight Watchers beginner or getting back into WW after some time away from the program.
The 5 Best Weight Watchers Recipes Shared at Meetings – Are you looking for some great Weight Watchers recipes to enjoy yummy food while you lose weight? These 5 best Weight Watchers recipes shared at meetings are guaranteed to be delicious.