Eating this Weight Watchers Toasted Almond Cranberry Bark will put you in the holiday spirit without any guilt. This low point WW dessert is so festive on a platter and tastes delicious too.
Today’s recipe is by guest author Jamie from Life is Sweeter by Design. You’re going to love it!
Can I Eat Dessert on Weight Watchers?
One of the best parts of the WW program is that no food is forbidden. Everyone wants to be able to enjoy dessert occasionally. Yes, it is okay to eat dessert on Weight Watchers, but you have to track what you eat.
I have found that eating dessert only works for me if I eat sweets that have been modified so they are a little bit healthier and lower in points.
It is very easy to make simple swaps in recipes so the sugar content is reduced but the flavor and taste are still amazing.
Moderation is the key and stopping at one serving helps too. Eating nothing but dessert is a sure-fire way to fail at Weight Watchers.
Ingredients for WW Toasted Almond and Cranberry Bark
There are only seven ingredients in this easy WW dessert recipe. I love being able to make this up ahead of time and pull it out of the freezer when it is party time.
- Fat-free Greek Yogurt
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- Pyure Organic Stevia Blend, granulated
- Sliced Almonds
- Dried Cranberries
- Ghiradelli 70% Cacao Baking Chocolate
How to Make Weight Watchers Toasted Almond Cranberry Bark
This quick WW recipe doesn’t take long to put together and the rest of the work is done by the freezer. I love easy recipes.
STEP ONE: TOAST ALMONDS
Start off by toasting the almonds in a cast-iron skillet over low heat until the almonds are slightly golden brown. Take care not to burn them. Set the almonds aside to cool.
STEP TWO: MIX BARK FILLING
Take a mixing bowl and add the Greek yogurt, Pyure, almond extract and vanilla extract. Whip these ingredients together with a wire whisk until well blended.
STEP THREE: ADD TO PAN
Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Add the yogurt mixture to the pan in an even layer.
STEP FOUR: ADD TOPPINGS
Now sprinkle the toasted almonds and dried cranberries all over the top of the yogurt mixture.
Press the toppings lightly so they adhere to the yogurt.
STEP FIVE: ADD CHOCOLATE
Melt the squares of chocolate in the microwave in a small bowl for 15-second intervals until they are melted. It is time to drizzle the chocolate over the top of the yogurt.
You can either put the melted chocolate into a piping bag or ziplock bag and drizzle it that way or you can just dip a knife into the chocolate and drizzle it over the top so it drips off the knife.
STEP SIX: FREEZE
Now place the baking pan in the freezer for 2 to 4 hours.
When it is frozen remove the pan from the freezer and let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes.
Use a sharp knife to cut the bark into 25 even pieces.
Serve this immediately and store any leftovers in the freezer in a covered container.
Weight Watchers Toasted Almond Cranberry Bark
- 2 cup Greek Yogurt plain, non-fat
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- .25 cup Stevia Pyure brand
- .25 cup almonds sliced
- .25 cup dried cranberries
- 2 square chocolate Ghiradelli
- Toast the sliced almonds in a cast iron skillet over low heat, till slightly golden. Let it cool.
- Whip together the Greek Yogurt, 1/4 cup of Pyure, almond extract and vanilla extract with a wire whisk.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Add the yogurt mix to the pan.
- Sprinkle on the toasted almonds and cranberries all over the yogurt. Press the top lightly so that the almonds and the cranberries adheres to the yogurt.
- Melt the chocolate squares in a microwave at 15 second intervals. Place the melted chocolate in a Ziploc bag and snip off one end.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on the almond and cranberry crusted yogurt, in a diagonal pattern. Replete the diagonal pattern on the other side to make a criss cross pattern.
- Freeze the yogurt bark for 2 to 4 hours.
- To serve: Let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes and then with a sharp knife, cut the yogurt bark into 25 pieces. Serve immediately and freeze the leftovers.
How Many WW Points for Yogurt Bark?
This Weight Watchers Toasted Almond Cranberry Bark is only 1 SmartPoint per serving if you cut it into 25 pieces, and this is for all MyWW plans.
MyWW points –
Green – 1 point.
Blue – 1 point.
Purple – 1 point.
I like to do five rows across and five down to make it easy to get the 25 pieces.
The serving isn’t large, but this is filling due to the protein in the yogurt. Plus since each piece is only 1 point I may be able to eat 2 or 3 depending on how many points I have allowed for dessert.
Remember these points were calculated using the WW recipe builder based on the ingredients listed in the recipe. If you use different ingredients you will need to calculate the points based on those ingredients.
Great Holiday Recipes for Weight WW
I love that this is a great recipe to serve during the holidays. It works for Thanksgiving and Christmas and is easy to make for parties and family gatherings.
Knowing I have some WW friendly foods to eat at a Christmas party takes a lot of stress off my mind.
If you are determined to make it through the holidays without gaining weight it is a good idea to start your food planning now. The recipes in this Weight Watchers Holiday Cookbook are family-friendly and will help you meal plan and stay on track.
Having a plan for the holidays is the best way to prepare!!
If you loved this Weight Watchers friendly dessert recipe be sure to check these out:
- Weight Watchers Triple Berry Crisp
- Weight Watchers Dessert Pizza
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Cookies
- Weight Watchers Energy Balls
- Weight Watchers Cranberry Vanilla Mini Trifles
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Fluff Recipe
- Weight Watchers Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Guest Author – Jamie from Life is Sweeter by Design
Jamie Yonash is a small-town girl who loves to write, scrapbook, laugh and find joy in the little things of life. You can find Jamie at www.lifeissweeterbydesign.com
Be sure to PIN this recipe for later