These Weight Watchers Holiday Cranberry Vanilla Mini Trifles are the perfect WW holiday dessert. As beautiful as they are tasty, serve these at your next Thanksgiving or Christmas gathering. Your family or guests will be so impressed and have no idea they are eating a lighter dessert.
Weight Watchers Holiday Recipes
Just because you are a WW member doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy sweets and treats during the holiday season. These little mini trifles are great for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve. They are delicious any time of year but best in the fall and winter when it’s easy to find fresh cranberries.
Remember that with the WW Personal Points system for 2022 and 2023, everyone’s points are a bit different because it’s customized to you, but you can find ways to fit in treats this time of year no matter what.
Here are some of our other recipes that are popular for the holidays:
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie – Just a few points for the whole pie. This is a reader favorite.
- WW Cherry Whip – A delicious fluff salad.
- WW Orange Fluff Salad – This old-fashioned Jell-O salad is one my mom made often. I’ve lightened it to make it lower in points and calories.
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins – These simple muffins are a WW member favorite.
Tips for Making Weight Watchers Cranberry Vanilla Mini Trifles
Here are some helpful tips for making this easy W W dessert.
- This recipe looks especially fun served in wine glasses, but other glasses or bowls work equally well. Clear plastic wine glasses are available on Amazon or at most party stores.
- Instead of cooking the cranberries on the stove top, try our one minute Instant Pot cranberry sauce recipe.
- Swap out a different fruit if you’d like to make this during another time of year when cranberries aren’t in season. This is delicious with strawberries or blueberries. Or try our similar recipe for Strawberry Pretzel dessert cups.
- This can be made into one full-sized trifle if you’d like.
- Prepare your own angel food cake from a box mix or simply purchase an angel food cake at the store. These are available at most grocery stores in the bakery.
- We used Splenda in this recipe. Other sweeteners can be used, but remember to adjust points accordingly if you use a sweetener with sugar and calories.
- Almond or other milk substitutes can be used with the pudding mix, but keep it mind it might not set as well. Almond milk results in soft-set pudding.
- Be sure to save back a few cranberries to top your desserts, but keep in mind those will be tart! Roll them in a bit of sweetener powder to cut back on the tartness.
Ingredients for WW Mini Trifles
Here’s what you will need for this recipe:
- 1 angel food cake, prepared
- 2 boxes sugar free vanilla pudding
- Skim milk
- 24 ounce fresh cranberries
- Cool whip or other light whipped topping
Weight Watchers Cranberry Vanilla Mini Trifles Recipe
Here is step by step with photos for how to make this WW cranberry dessert.
Makes 12-14 trifles depending on size of containers used. Points are calculated for 12 servings.
Weight Watchers Cranberry Vanilla Mini Trifles
- 1 angel food cake prepared according to box directions
- 2 boxes sugar free vanilla pudding 3.4 oz each
- 3 cups skim milk
- 24 oz fresh cranberries plus ½ cup for topping
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1/2 cup Splenda Or sweetener of your choice, but adapt WW points accordingly.
- 2 cups fat free or light Cool Whip
- Cake Layer: Prepare angel food cake according to box directions. Allow to cool completely. Tear into small pieces.
- Cranberry Layer (prepare while cake is baking): In a saucepan, combine 24 oz of cranberries, water, and Splenda.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Allow to cook on low for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Pudding Layer (prepare while cranberries are cooling): Combine pudding powder and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until pudding thickens.
- Assembly: Start with a layer of angel food cake pieces. Top with a layer of pudding and then a layer of cranberries. Repeat.
- Top with a layer of cool whip and fresh cranberries.
- Serve chilled.
The SmartPoints® or PersonalPoints value of these recipes was calculated by this web site and is provided for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval of this web site or its recipes by WW International, Inc.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points
14 servings – 6 points each
12 servings – 7 points each
What’s your favorite Weight Watchers holiday dessert? Share in the comments below.
More MyWW Recipes for You