Your guests will delight in this delicious WW Christmas Cherry Fluff Salad recipe at your holiday table or any time of year. If you are looking for a sweet treat that works as a side dish or dessert that isn’t too high in W W points or calories, this festive pink fluff salad is the recipe for you.
WW Fluff Salad
Fluff salads are fruit salads made with delicious ingredients like gelatin, fruit, and marshmallows. Combine with whipped topping and you have a fluffy, creamy treat. Served as a tasty side dish or dessert, they add extra flavor and texture to holiday meals or summer picnics and parties.
Unfortunately these salads are light in the mouth but not on calories. Many are hundreds of calories per serving without being filling. Now you can still enjoy a childhood favorite but for a fraction of the calories and Points.
If you like fluff salads, be sure to check out our reader-favorite Orange Fluff recipe and Red, White and Blue Berry Fluff Salad which is perfect for the 4th of July.
You can also meal prep this recipe and use it for yourself for a week’s worth of delicious desserts. Simply prepare as directed below and place into individual containers for portion control.
Healthier Holidays for Weight Watchers
If you are using this recipe at your holiday table, check our WW Thanksgiving Menu, WW Christmas Menu with holiday tips, recipes, and more. The holidays are a challenging time for weight loss but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on your healthy living goals.
What to Serve with Fluff Salad
This delicious, creamy recipe is a delight to serve with a variety of meals. Use it as a traditional Christmas dinner side dish or you can make it for all types of meals. This dessert-type salad is enjoyed by kids and adults.
Is it a salad or a dessert? Does it matter? Either way, your family will love it.
- Valentine’s Day
- Summer gatherings
- Church dinners
- Family gatherings
- Meal prep for a week’s desserts for yourself. (I like to portion into individual servings.)
WW Points for Cherry Fluff Salad
Makes 8 servings, each serving is about 1/2 cup.
Click for WW Points for WW Christmas Cherry Fluff Salad.
You can reduce the points further by using almond milk or non-fat, plain Greek yogurt instead of sweetened condensed milk, although your salad won’t be as thick.
You can also reduce points further by leaving out the coconut or using fewer marshmallows.
Many fluff salad varieties include gelatin (Jell-O). This one doesn’t, which makes it all-natural and easier to adapt to vegan and plant-based eating.
Ingredients for Cherry Fluff
Fluff salads can be made with a variety of ingredients. Here are in the ingredients in ours.
- sugar-free cherry pie filling
- crushed pineapple, drained in juice, no added sugar
- whipped topping such as Cool Whip, light, fat-free or sugar-free
- fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- mini marshmallows
- shredded coconut, unsweetened
Fluff Salad Variations
There are as many fluff salad variations as there are people with recipe cards. Here are some variations you can make while keeping your fluff a healthier option.
- Use maraschino cherries instead of pie filling. Drain first so that your salad isn’t too runny.
- Use canned cranberry sauce or no-sugar cranberry sauce, cooked and cooled to make cranberry fluff
- Lower points further by using non-fat Greek yogurt instead of sweetened condensed milk. Other options include non-fat cottage cheese or sour cream.
- Add chopped nuts such as pecans, but keep in mind this increases points. Consider keeping nuts separate to sprinkle just a few on top of each serving.
Tips for Making WW Cherry Fluff
Here are a few helpful tips for making this recipe.
- Be sure to cover your salad with plastic wrap when storing in the fridge so it doesn’t dry out. Store for up to a week.
- Do not freeze.
- After storing it in the fridge, fold (gently stir with a spatula) a few times before serving, just to distribute the moisture.
- After being stored a few days, the marshmallows will absorb the liquid and soften, so don’t be alarmed if this happens. It’s normal and actually results in a creamier texture.
How to Make Holiday Fluff in Just 2 Easy Steps!
Here’s how to make WW fluff salad in just 2 simple steps.
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Mix well and serve or store.
WW Christmas Cherry Fluff Salad
- 21 ounce can sugar-free cherry pie filling
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained in juice, no added sugar
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping such as Cool Whip, light, fat-free or sugar-free
- 7 ounce can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, starting with the whipped cream followed by the cherry pie filling.
- Mix well and serve immediately, or cover and store in the fridge until it’s ready to be served.
Is fluff salad a side dish or dessert? Share in the comments below.
More Healthy Holiday Recipes
Crustless pumpkin pie – so low in points and calories, just a few points for the whole pie. Top recipe on our site.
50 Ways to Enjoy Fruit for Weight Loss
10 Easy Ways to Use Leftover Canned Pumpkin
I’ve made this salad/dessert for many years. You can change it to what you like or don’t like. I’ve had it without marshmallows and coconut and added chopped pecans. I’ve even had it frozen and served on a lettuce leaf with a dollap of whipped cream. Thanks for the ideas to lighten it up.