Greek yogurt is a wonderful way to add protein to your diet. For those following the Weight Watchers program, plain, non fat Greek yogurt is now ZERO points with the Freestyle program, so we are extra motivated to find ways to enjoy it! However, plain Greek yogurt is very tart and may be an acquired taste. If you are looking for new ways to enjoy this high-protein treat, here are 45 healthy ways to use plain Greek yogurt.
If you’ve tried plain, non-fat Greek yogurt before and didn’t care for the tart taste, don’t give up just yet! There are a lot of flavoring options and ways to use Greek yogurt in recipes in order to enjoy it. We have gathered 45 ideas below so you are sure to find one – or lots – that will suite your taste buds.
Nutiva Organic, non-GMO, Raw, Premium Black Chia Seeds, 32 OuncePB2 Powdered Peanut Butter Bundle, 16 oz (Pack of 2)Mio Water Enhancement – Berry Variety (Pack of 4) (Berry Variety)Sweet Leaf Liquid Stevia Coconut 2 OZBakto Flavors – Natural Flavors & Extracts – PICK YOUR OWN FLAVORS – Box of 6 – PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TOTorani Syrup, Sugar Free, Assorted Summer Flavors, 750-ML (Pack of 6)True Lemon, Lime, Orange & Grapefruit 32ct Boxes Sampler Pack (4 packs)
45 Healthy Ways to Enjoy Plain Greek Yogurt
Here are 45 healthy ways to enjoy plain Greek yogurt. If you are using the Weight Watchers system, be sure to purchase the non-fat, plain variety for zero points.
Even if this is a new food for you to enjoy, you are sure to find a tasty alternative on this list!
Note: Many of these recipes call for “sweetener”. Use artificial sweetener of your choice or a drizzle of honey or small serving of sugar, depending on what you food program allows and your preferences. Remember that honey and sugar add additional calories (points).
- Mash up banana and add to Greek yogurt. Add sweetener if desired.
- Mix in frozen, thawed fruit and a bit of sweetener. Frozen mango and frozen berries, thawed, are excellent.
- Use plain in place of sour cream – top a baked potato, tacos, etc.
- Use in place of sour cream in recipes.
- Mix in sweetener and PB2 – tastes like peanut butter pie.
- Make into zero point ranch vegetable dip.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
- Add sugar free pudding mix – lemon makes a great fruit dip. Chocolate tastes like chocolate pie.
- Add sugar free cheesecake flavor pudding mix to make a very thick cheesecake-like dessert. Top with 1 T of graham cracker crumbs.
- Add a packet of Crystal light drink mix or Mios.
- Add sugar free jello mix.
- Make into a smoothie. (Note: With Weight Watchers smoothies, fruit is not free.)
- Mix into soups instead of roux to make creamy.
- Make your own Greek yogurt in your Instant Pot. The flavor is more mild.
- Add a few drops of coconut stevia and use as a fruit dip.
- Mix in 1 T strawberry jam (no sugar added).
- Top with unsweetened applesauce.
- Use to make 2 ingredient dough.
- Add a swirl of lemon curd.
- Try different brands – tartness and texture vary greatly by brand.
- Cook 1 cup frozen blueberries with 1/4 cup water and if desired, sweetener. This makes a thick blueberry sauce. Use sauce to top plain Greek yogurt or yogurt with lemon juice and a bit of sweetener.
- Add plain Greek yogurt to a regular (flavored) yogurt cup to get a larger serving.
- Use in place of mayo to make chicken salad, egg salad, or tuna salad that is zero points. Add seasonings such as chili powder or curry for additional flavor.
- Mix one large container of plain Greek yogurt, 1 small box of sugar free pistachio pudding mix, and 1 can crushed pineapple, drained. Makes 4 large servings of 1 point each.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and if desired, sweetener.
- Mix with salsa for a Mexican-style dip or salad dressing.
- Mix with plain, canned pumpkin, sweetener, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Mix in extract – vanilla, almond, coconut – and if desired, sweetener.
- Mix with chopped apples and walnuts.
- Add dehydrated coffee for coffee flavor.
- Mix with frozen cherries, thawed, and top with almond slices.
- Mix in sugar free coffee syrup or creamer.
- Make into tzatziki sauce for Greek recipes.
- Top with Kashi cereal, Grape Nuts, or granola.
- Mix with unsweetened cocoa powder and sweetener.
- Drizzle with regular or sugar free maple syrup.
- Mix in protein powder.
- Mix in a splash of orange juice for an orange creamcicle flavor.
- Mix in grated apple and top with cinnamon.
- Mix in 1 T mini chocolate chips, sweetener if desired, mint extract, and freeze for an ice cream-like treat.
- Mix 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix (or make your own version with this recipe) into 16 oz plain Greek yogurt. Use as a dip for vegetables, baked chips, or as a topping for baked potatoes.
- Use to make mashed cauliflower creamy for a mashed potato substitute.
- Mix in a packet of True Lemon or True Lime and sweeter as desired.
- Add hot sauce and use as a dip for chicken fingers.
- Mix with equal amount cool whip (regular or sugar free) and top with fruit.
What other ideas do you have for using Greek yogurt? Share in the comments below.
Free Printable PDF – Healthy Ways to Use Plain Greek Yogurt on WW
If you are following the WW program, you’ll want this printable. Here are delicious ways to enjoy plain, non-fat Greek yogurt – which is zero points.
More Posts You Will Love
Free Weight Watchers Hacks!
Lose weight faster!
*Low point snacks & recipes to keep you full and satisfied.
*The best foods to eat when you are following the WW program.
*Tips & insider tricks to make following the Weight Watchers program easier and more enjoyable.