Are you looking for creative ways for Washi Tape Uses? If you are like most of us when it comes to washi tape, it’s easy to amass a collection of the handy rolls pretty quickly. Are you wondering what ways to use this handy little invention?
Different ways to use Washi Tape
Let’s go over some different diys with washi tape.
What Is Washi Tape Used For?
Washi Tape is a masking-like tape that is super durable and flexible and is available in a variety of widths, textures, patterns, and colors. It tears easily and can be safely applied to a variety of surfaces; making it especially ideal for home décor and craft projects.
Many people use Washi tape to decorate their Bible Journaling pages, journal pages, notebooks, around the light switches, cork boards, to create bookmarks, to decorate gift bags and boxes, and so many other creative ways to use washi tape. Here is a fun list of more ideas.
Why is washi tape called washi tape?
Washi can be translated to “Japanese paper” simply meaning wa (Japanese) and shi (paper).
“The whole washi tape phenomenon started in 2006. A group of artists approached a Japanese masking tape manufacturer – Kamoi Kakoshi – and presented them with a book of art they had created using the company’s industrial masking tapes. The artists requested that Kamoi Kakoshi manufacture colorful masking tapes for artists.” – Omiyage
How do you use washi stickers?
Washi stickers can be used anywhere that you’d use Washi Tape. I like to use them to decorate letters and envelopes when I send out Christmas cards. They are also great for decorating my Scripture Writing journal. But just the sky is the limit on how to use Washi Stickers.
Can washi tape be used on walls?
Washi tape unlike other tapes will almost always remove cleanly from your walls. … Unlike tapes with a tackier adhesive, washi tape will come off the walls easily without chipping your paint.
Washi Tape Crafts
Washi tape is a fun decorative tape that is great for all types of crafts and products. The tape is thin and repositionable and comes in an array of designs and colors, making it versatile. Washi tape rolls are fun to collect because it’s inexpensive, available lots of places, and fun to use in all types of ways.
Where to buy washi tape? Washi is available at chain stores like Walmart, Michael’s, JoAnn Fabrics, and even the Dollar Store. Amazon.com is another great place to find deals on washi tape, especially when you buy bundles.
Here at The Holy Mess, our favorite way to use washi tape is Bible Journaling. Here are some helpful articles about Bible Journaling:
Once you have a collection of washi tape, you might be wondering what to do with it. Keep reading for lots of fun and creative ideas for Washi Tape Uses.
Agutape 48 Rolls Washi Tape Set,Foil Gold Skinny Decorative Masking Washi Tapes,3MM Wide DIY Masking TapeDalus 20 Rolls Washi Masking Tape Set, Decorative Adhesive Tape for Crafts,Beautify Bullet Journals ,Planners40 Rolls Washi Tape Set, Decorative Masking DIY Plain Washi Tapes for Children and Gifts Warpping (MIX)12 Rolls Christmas Thanksgiving Holiday Washi Tape Set, Snowflake Tape, DIY Scrapbooking Decorative Tape, Masking Tape, Planner Tape, Craft Gift Decoration Tape Stickers, Red Green White(Random Color)Washi Tape Storage Box by Tanpopo Art | Clear Box Organizer with Adjustable Compartments [Box only, Tapes not included]Outus Crafts Organizer Storage Box for Washi Tape, Art Supplies and Sticker, 15 Compartments, ClearInterDesign 35330 Clarity Stackable Organizer Holder for Eyeglasses, Sunglasses, Reading Glasses – 3 Drawer, ClearPlusGift ino01 Washi tape dispenser, Roll tape holder
20 Creative Washi Tape Uses
Check out all these washi tape crafts.
- DIY Upcycled Glass Washi Tape Organizers from abubblylife.com – If you have a collection of glass jars that you aren’t sure what to do with, check here for how to spruce them up with washi tape.
- Door Decorating Idea from burlapandblue.com – Decorate a bedroom door with washi.
- DIY Mouse Pad from acharmingproject.com – Turn a boring old mouse pad into a work of art.
- DIY Plaster & Washi Tape Push Pins from thecraftedlife.com – Decorate push pins for a bulletin board to match any room.
- DIY Washi Tape Curvy Oval Frame from girllovesglam.com – Make a decorative frame for a photo or framed Bible verse or motivational quote. (Here is a free Bible verse printable you can use.)
- Washi Tape Wooden Bracelets from mamamiss.com – Decorate your own jewelry with washi tape.
- Washi Tape Plant Pot from goldstandardworkshop.com – Spruce up a boring pot with any color or design of washi tape you prefer.
- DIY Stripe Doorway With Washi Tape from abeautifulmess.com – Give a doorway a pop of texture with large sized washi.
- Washi Tape Decorated Storage Crates from designimprovised.com – These adorable crates are perfect for storing books and magazines.
- Easy Pinwheel Flowers from madincrafts.com – Super-cute DIY pinwheel flowers.
- Easy Mother’s Day Gift Bags from ajoyfulriot.com – Small cloth gift bags with a bit of decorative washi tape.
- Washi Tape DIY Zipper Pouch Craft from blog.consumercrafts.com – Sew an easy decorative pouch that is decorated with washi tape.
- Fabric Tape Bangle Bracelets from averageinspired.com – More beautiful wooden bracelets to decorate with washi tape.
- Watermelon Washi Tape Notecards from persialou.com – Use blank note cards and envelopes to make these sweet watermelon design cards.
- Quick & Easy Mermaid Journal from madincrafts.com – Paint a journal then decorate with washi tape.
- Washi Tape Bookcase from ohmy-creative.com – Decorate a plain bookshelf with a simple border of washi tape.
- Washi Tape Popsicle Stick Frames from somewhatsimple.com – The popsicle stick frames we all know and love – made cuter with washi tape.
- Upcycled Altoids Tin from diycandy.com – Upcycle an Altoids tin and use it for a little emergency kit, hair ties, or whatever you need.
- Washi Tape Ideas for Teen from diyprojectsforteens.com – 50 creative ideas on uses for Washi Tape just for teens.
- Washi Tape Ideas 2020 from thewashitapeshop.com – Lots of ideas to creatively use Washi Tape.
What are some of the creative ways you use washi tape?
More Articles You Will Love
Bible Journaling On the Go! – If you are traveling and can’t bear to leave your Bible art journaling behind, a mini-devo book is just what you need. Keep reading for The Holy Mess Bible journaling on the go ideas.
Bible Journaling Hacks: Organizing with Items You Have at Home- The best tips for keeping all your Bible Journaling supplies organized.
Top Colored Pencils, Pens, and Markers for Bible Journaling and Adult Coloring – If you Bible journal or express yourself with adult coloring books, very soon you will pursue the best colored pencils, pens, and markers for your creative endeavors. Here is a helpful list of the top colored pencils, pens, and markers for Bible journaling and adult coloring.
Pin this Washi Tape Article for later
Bible Journaling Supply List
*Receive a free printable Bible Journaling Supply List for Beginners.
*The best products to buy
*Money saving purchases