Enjoy this WW apple cinnamon overnight oats recipe for a healthy, filling breakfast that will start your day right. Low in points and high in nutrition, this is a breakfast you can feel good about eating when you head out the door for a busy day.
Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
Overnight oatmeal is a great option for WW members and anyone who wants to lose weight. Do the work the night before and you have a healthy recipe ready for the morning.
The basic concept of overnight oats is to mix oatmeal with your milk of choice (skim or unsweetened alternative milk like almond milk, flax milk, soy milk or oat milk are the lowest in points) and allow it to sit in the fridge to thicken.
Basic Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned or rolled)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup yogurt of choice OR 1 Tablespoon (T) chia seeds and additional 1/4 cup milk
- mix-ins, toppings, and fruits as desired
Chia seeds are another popular mix-in because chia seeds absorb liquid and provide additional texture that is similar to tapioca. Chia seeds also promote fullness. If you add chia seeds to this recipe, be sure to increase the milk as the seeds absorb quite a bit of liquid and you need enough to thicken the oats.
WW (Weight Watchers Reimagined) Points for Overnight Oats
This apple oatmeal is 5 WW points.
Click here to be taken to WW app to track directly – WW Link for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Updated December 2022 for WW Points.
How to Meal Prep Overnight Oatmeal
Refrigerator oatmeal is a recipe that says “meal prep” because it has to be made in advance.
Simply make the number of servings you want for the week and store in the fridge until it’s time to serve. Lots of people make 5 servings on the weekend so they have enough for the rest of the work week.
Overnight oats keep for up to 5 days in the fridge. Do not freeze since the texture becomes too watery when thawed.
You can use cute little mason jars but don’t stress about buying them if you don’t have them handy. Any container works for storing your oatmeal.
Serve the oats hot or cold and add your toppings of choice.
Overnight Oats Variations
Once you get the basic concept down for how to make refrigerator oatmeal, there’s no stopping what you can create.
Here are some ideas:
- Add PB2 powdered peanut butter and banana (also check out our Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal)
- Banana and cinnamon for a banana bread flavor
- Add strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- Add chia seeds – be sure to increase milk for this variation
- Add flax or hemp seeds
- Make carrot cake overnight oats with shredded cooked carrot and pineapple (Check out this recipe for tropical blast oatmeal for a similar variation.)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon for pumpkin pie overnight oats
Healthy Overnight Oats Recipe for Weight Loss in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1 – Whisk together almond milk, yogurt, honey, and spices. Stir in oats.
Gather ingredients. This recipe is so simple to make. Whisk together the wet ingredients and then stir in the oats.
Apple pie spice, pumpkin pie spice mix, or plain cinnamon work for this recipe.
The recipe makes 1 serving of easy overnight oats. To meal prep breakfasts, multiply by the number of servings you want, such as 5 servings for one recipe for each week day.
To reduce calories or points even further, eliminate the honey or use a no-calorie sweetener of your choice such as stevia or monk fruit.
Step 2 – Store in an airtight container in the fridge overnight, such as a mason jar.
Because the oatmeal is not (typically) cooked, your oats need to sit for several hours or preferably overnight.
Step 3 – Top thickened oatmeal with apple just before serving. Enjoy hot or cold.
Add chopped apples just before serving. Most people eat overnight oats cold, but you can cook them if you prefer.
You’ll love this delicious oatmeal for a filling breakfast option.
Weight Watchers Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled or old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, plain or vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup apple about 1/2 a medium apple. If dicing in advance, sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Otherwise dice in the morning when serving oatmeal.
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
- Whisk together almond milk, yogurt, honey, and spices. Stir in oats.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge overnight, such as a mason jar.
- Top thickened oatmeal with apple just before serving. Enjoy hot or cold.
More WW Recipes You Will Love
WW Christmas Cherry Fluff Salad – Perfect for your holiday table.
WW Crustless Pumpkin Pie – Just 4 points for the whole pie!
WW 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins – Reader favorite.
CopyCat Olive Garden Minestrone – WW and Vegetarian.
WW Easy Bean Burgers – Hearty burgers that freeze well.
Free 3 Day Diet Meal Plan – As featured in Woman’s World magazine.
Free 3 Day Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan – Vegetarian companion to the popular 3 day diet.