This WW Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal recipe is sure to be what you need for a healthy breakfast. If you love the combination of yummy chocolate and rich peanut butter, this delicious breakfast will keep you going and tastes amazing. Plus, the points are low which is always a win in my weight loss book. Fill up on this hearty breakfast and have plenty of points left for the remainder of your day.
This recipe is so easy to make in your Instant Pot and tastes like a decadent treat for any chocolate and peanut butter lover.
Updated December 2022 for WW Points.
Instant Pot Oatmeal
Why cook oatmeal in your Instant Pot?
One of the biggest benefits of cooking oatmeal in your Instant Pot is that you don’t have to watch it or worry about it overflowing. Dump in your ingredients and push start, then you can go get dressed or get the kids ready for school.
If you are putting your oatmeal in a casserole dish (aka the “pot in pot” method), it’s even easier because you can keep the oatmeal mixture in the fridge overnight and just pop it into the Instant Pot in the morning.
Note – if you casserole dish is cold, plan on a few more minutes for the recipe to come to pressure.
Cooking for yourself? No problem. You can make this oatmeal and separate it into individual servings to enjoy throughout the week. I make this as one of my weekly meal prep recipes, divide it into the 6 servings and put it in containers, and my breakfasts for the week are ready to go.
This recipe calls for quick oats, which are cut smaller than old-fashioned or rolled oats. You can substitute old-fashioned oats but I would recommend increasing the cooking time to 7-8 minutes. The texture will be a bit more chewy compared to quick oats.
How to Make Instant Pot Quick Oats
Here’s a quick tutorial for how to make quick oat oatmeal in your Instant Pot:
- Spray inside of Instant Pot inner pot with cooking spray.
- Alternately, pour 1 cup of water into Instant Pot. Add trivet. This is for the pot-in-pot method.
- Spray inside of casserole dish. Place casserole dish on top of trivet.
- Add 2 cups quick oats and 4 cups liquid. Mix.
- Set Instant Pot to “manual” and 5 minutes. You can also use the “porridge” setting.
- Quick release and serve.
Weight Watchers Points for Instant Pot Oatmeal
This recipe yields 6 – 3/4 cup servings
Weight Watchers Points for Instant Pot Oatmeal – Click the link in the recipe card to get your exact points.
MyWW Green – 4 points
MyWW Blue – 4 points
MyWW Purple – 1 point (hooray for Purple people!)
If dividing into 4 servings, each serving would be a generous cup.
Stove Top WW PB Oatmeal
What if you want to make this recipe but you don’t have a pressure cooker? No problem. Here are the stove top directions.
- Pour almond breeze almond milk into a medium sized pot. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring every few minutes to prevent burning.
- Add oats. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in PB2 and serve.
Microwave WW Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Spray a large, microwave safe cooking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour in almond breeze, oats, and PB2 and stir.
- Microwave on High for 2.5-3 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent boiling over. Remove from microwave and stir. If desired, cook at additional 30 second intervals until desired consistency.
Instant Pot Oatmeal Mix-Ins
Take your oatmeal bowl to the next level with these mix-ins. Just be sure to add the WW points accordingly.
Chia seeds – 2 points per 1 T of seeds depending on W W Points. I recommend adding 4T of seeds to the entire recipe. Add an extra 1/2 cup water or milk because Chia seeds absorb liquid. I love adding Chia seeds to oatmeal because they make it so filling. Add these before cooking.
1 T chocolate chips – 3-4 points. Yum! Try mini-chocolate chips so it feels like you are getting more.
1 T natural peanut butter – 3 points.
Premier Protein – Want to increase the protein? Cut almond milk down to 3 cups and add 1 carton chocolate Premier Protein instead. Also be sure to check out our Instant Pot Weight Watchers Premier Protein yogurt recipe for another great way to enjoy Premier Protein on WW.
Banana – 0-4 points. Top with sliced banana or mash banana and mix in.
How to Meal Prep Oatmeal
This recipe is great for meal prep of a week’s worth of breakfasts. Divide into 6 individual containers and you’ll have breakfast ready for the week.
When reheating, add a splash of water or almond milk. Cook 1 minute in microwave, stir, cook an additional 30 seconds.
Ingredients for Instant Pot WW Oatmeal
Ingredients for this WW oatmeal are:
- Quick oats
- Chocolate Almond Breeze
How to Make Meal Prep Oatmeal
You’ll love this delicious Weight Watchers breakfast recipe, and it’s extra fast and easy when you use your Instant Pot pressure cooker. Be sure to join our WW success email series here so you don’t miss any of our new WW recipes.
The Instant Pot Pot-In-Pot method makes clean up a breeze.
PB 2 is such a great way to keep your Weight Watchers points low while enjoying the delicious peanut butter flavor.
Wait until you smell the deliciousness when you hit the quick release!
Scroll up for a list of Optional Mix-Ins to take this recipe over the top.
Weight Watchers Instant Pot Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- 2 cups quick oats
- 4 cups unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze
- 4 T PB2 powdered peanut butter
- Mix-ins (optional) optional – natural peanut butter, chocolate chips
- Spray inside of Instant Pot with cooking spray.
- Alternatively, add 1 cup of water to bottom of Instant Pot and add trivet to pot.
- Mix together quick oats, almond milk, and PB2. Stir until combined and PB2 is dissolved.
- Add oatmeal mixture directly into Instant Pot, or alternatively pour into a casserole dish and place on top of the trivet inside the pot.
- Pour oats and milk mixture into pot.
- Set pressure valve to seal and cook on “manual” for 5 minutes.
- Quick release and serve.
- If desired, stir in additional peanut butter or chocolate chips, but add WW points accordingly.
Weight Watchers Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipe
Enjoy this sweet breakfast treat.
The Points value of these recipes was calculated by this website and is provided for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval of this website or its recipes by WW International, Inc.
This recipe is so versatile that you can swap the flavors and mix-ins to never get bored. Try chocolate cherry with thawed frozen cherries or vanilla blueberry next time for a delicious variety.
What’s your favorite Weight Watchers breakfast recipe? Share in the comments below.
More Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
Do you love using your Instant Pot to make Weight Watchers recipes? Check out these favorites.
More Weight Watchers Recipes