Chicken Ranch Salad is one of my go-to easy, healthy family dinner recipes. I’ve come back to this recipe many times over. This is one of those recipes I can pull out of my brain without the need to look it up.
Chicken Ranch Salad is crisp, fresh, and has just enough of a crunch from the Fritos to make it a treat, without going overboard on calories.
Chicken Ranch Salad
- 2 bags chopped Romaine
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 small lunch size bags Frito's
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp season salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder or flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- Combine ranch and salsa to make dressing. Set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil. Sprinkle with seasonings. Cook until no longer pink in the middle (about 20 minutes).
- Allow to sit about 5 minutes before slicing -- this helps it stay moist. After chicken rests, slice for salad.
- Arrange salads in bowl.
- Top with chicken.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Leave a Reply