Whether you are hosting a party, or you are just looking for an easy appetizer recipe for your family to enjoy, you can’t go wrong with these healthy Instant Pot appetizers. Instant Pot recipes are a great way to save you time in the kitchen and get healthy recipes on your table faster.
While there are a ton of great Instant Pot recipes out there, only a handful are actually healthy. If you need an Instant Pot appetizer recipe that is for Keto, Weight Watchers, Whole 30, Paleo, Trim Healthy Mama, or 21 Day Fix, we’ve got you covered. Here are 15 healthy Instant Pot appetizers to make today.
Instant Pot Party Food
The Instant Pot is a great tool for creating appetizers because unlike the stove or oven, you don’t have to sit and watch it cook or worry about food spilling over. Simply turn it on and let the pressure cooker work it’s magic while you visit with your guests. (Or if you are like me, start the Instant Pot then frantically run around cleaning until the guests arrive.)
Foods like dips and spreads work especially well in the Instant Pot since they typically don’t require much work when they are finished. Also try foods like meatballs in a sauce where you can serve it right out of the Instant Pot for a casual affair or pour into a bowl at serving time.
A word of IP advice, be sure to allow enough time for the pot to come to pressure. Some recipes include this and others don’t, so plan accordingly.
Many Instant Pot recipes are real crowd pleasers so they are perfect to serve at family gatherings or for the next big game.
Don’t feel you are limited to parties, though! Some of these recipes would make a great weeknight dinner or pressure cooker snack for your family on the weekends. For dinner, serve with a salad and you have a balanced meal that isn’t going to pack on the pounds.
Make Instant Pot Appetizers Healthier
We’ve included recipes here that are already delicious and healthy right from the start, so know you are in good hands with this list. These recipes are so good, your guests won’t even know you are feeling them a healthy option.
However, you can make Instant Pot appetizers healthier with these tips:
- Focus on recipes that have protein.
- Replace cream or cream cheese with Greek, non-fat yogurt or lighter versions.
- Cut sugar in half or leave it out.
- Watch portion sizes. Many appetizers have a portion size of just a couple tablespoons.
Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer|3 Quart|Easy-Seal Lid|14 One-Touch ProgramsHealthy Meal Prep Instant Pot® Cookbook: No-Fuss Recipes for Nutritious, Ready-to-Go MealsSkinnytaste One and Done: 140 No-Fuss Dinners for Your Instant Pot®, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer, Sheet Pan, Skillet, Dutch Oven, and More: A Cookbook
Instant Pot Cooking Help
Are you new to pressure cooking? No problem. We’ve got you covered. Click here to get our free Instant Pot cookbook plus beginner instructions.
If you want to cook healthier options with your Instant Pot, be sure to download our Instant Pot for Weight Loss information guide.
Instant Pot Appetizer Recipes
Each of these Instant Pot appetizer recipes are healthy and delicious. We’ve done our best to mark which are best for the type of diet you are following, but of course always check the recipe and make sure it’s right for you. All of these recipes are easy to prepare so you can get out of the kitchen and enjoy time with your guests or family.
- Instant Pot Caponata – If you haven’t tried Caponata, I encourage you to give this recipe by The Holy Mess a try. It’s full of Mediterranean ingredients that work for most any diet and it’s packed full of healthy vegetables.
- Instant Pot Hummus – This hummus by Sweet and Savor Meals works for all eating plans that allow beans and is super-economical since it’s made from dry beans. Try with a your family’s favorite spices or use her blend.
- Instant Pot Salsa – This salsa by Passion for Savings is a great option for most any eating program (although you might want to leave out the sugar, especially necessary for Whole 30.
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Drumsticks – This delicious little drumsticks by My Crazy Good Life require just a few ingredients yet they pack a powerful flavor punch. If you aren’t a cilantro fan, you can leave it out and still have a delicious app that people will love.
- Buffalo Chicken Bites – These chicken bites by My Crazy Good Life are great for 21 Day Fix and Weight Watchers. Be sure to use Frank’s Hot Sauce to keep the calories the lowest.
- Spring Egg Appetizers – These veggie ranch eggs by Urban Bliss Life are gorgeous and would be a delightful party food option.
- Instant Pot Egg Bites – We often think of these copy-cat Starbucks egg bites by So Very Blessed as a breakfast food, but consider making them as an app for your next party or serve them for dinner with a salad.
- Vegan Queso – Healthy Slow Cooking brings us this Vegan dip that tastes remarkably like cheese.
- Asian Chicken Meatballs – Check out these healthier meatballs by Confessions of a Fit Foodie that are 21 Day Fix compliant and are 6 WW points.
- Hard Boiled Eggs – These hard-boiled eggs by So Very Blessed turn out perfectly every time. Serve them as-is or make them into a healthy deviled eggs or this WW egg salad.
- Smoked Paprika Garlic Chicken Legs – Boulder Locavore brings us these deliciously different chicken legs that would be delicious for an app but also a delicious main dish on a busy weeknight.
- Sweet and Spicy Meatballs – These meatballs by A Night Owl blog are especially easy because you start with pre-made meatballs. Look for turkey meatballs to make it even more healthy.
- Jalapeno Dip – This delicious dip by Slap Dash Mom is like eating a jalapeno popper but it’s only 1 WW point.
- Caramelized Onion Mushroom Kale Quiche – This crustless quiche by Wholesomeyum is full of kale and filling protein, yet it feels like a treat. This recipe is perfect for Keto.
- Black Bean Dip – A recipe by Peas and Crayons, start with dried beans for this hearty dip and then make a variation that your guests or family will love.
More Healthy Recipes for You
Check out even more healthy appetizer recipes your friends and family will love.
Pin these Instant Pot Recipes for Later