This delicious Weight Watchers Egg Salad recipe is one of the go-to WW recipes that I’ve made dozens of times during the many years I’ve been doing Weight Watchers. Our family loves this recipe and I know you will, too.
Recipe updated January, 2020 for MyWW points.
Weight Watchers Egg Salad with Greek Yogurt
Egg salad is a great option for Weight Watchers members because it’s full of filling protein and keeps in the fridge for several days. Protein is important for weight loss to reduce hunger and retain muscle.
I like to make a batch and have it for my lunches, except for when my family eats it all, which is most of the time!
Be sure to check out our WW tuna salad recipe, too which is also zero point on MyWW Blue and Purple and low points for Green.
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)Farberware 5077243 Classic Color Kitchen Knife Set 6-PieceGood Cook 3-Piece Mixing Spoons Set
Weight Watchers Egg Salad Recipe Tips
Here are some helpful tips for making this Weight Watchers egg salad recipe.
- This recipe uses Greek yogurt in place of the typical mayonnaise of egg salad which gives it a protein punch and lowers the points.
- I still enjoy the tangy zip of a bit of mayo (actually I use light Miracle Whip) but what I do is measure it out separately and add it to each individual serving. If you are used to egg salad the way Mom used to make or more of a classic flavor (typically high in fat), try a blend of yogurt and mayo or Miracle whip.
- If you need a completely zero point (Blue and Purple) meal, serve this egg salad with carrot and celery sticks.
- If you have a few points to spare, it’s delicious on light bread, crackers, or a Joseph’s pita bread.
- Consider using a variety of spices to give this a new flavor, such as curry, Old Bay seasoning, or Italian seasoning.
- Use this trick for no-peel Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs to make this recipe even easier to prepare.
WW Zero Point Egg Salad Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe.
- eggs, hard boiled, cooled, and chopped
- plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- pickle, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Weight Watchers Egg Salad Recipe
This Weight Watchers Egg Salad Recipe is so easy and yummy it is a must have with our family and we are sure you will enjoy it too.
Points: MyWW Green 7 points, MyWW Blue 0 points, MyWW Purple 0 points.
Coarsely chop boiled eggs.
Add all egg salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix together.
Serve the Egg Salad with vegetables or eat as a sandwich and enjoy!
WW Egg Salad
- 12 eggs hard boiled, cooled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt fat free
- 2 tbsp Miracle Whip light
- 1 pickle chopped
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix it all together.
- Serve with carrots, celery, and cucumber slices, or on top of lettuce, or light whole wheat bread.
Frequently Asked Questions about Egg Salad
How Long Does Egg Salad Stay Fresh in the Fridge?
If you have properly stored it, for example in an air tight container, egg salad should last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
How long can egg salad be left at room temperature?
Because bacteria can grow rapidly at temperatures; I wouldn’t suggest leaving egg salad out longer than an hour or two.
Can you substitute yogurt for mayo in egg salad?
Yes! That’s what we do here. For the healthiest egg salad, use 100% yogurt, but if you miss the flavor of mayo, make your egg salad with a blend of yogurt and mayo.
Is eating egg salad good for you?
Egg salad is healthy because it’s full of protein, but it’s often ladened with unhealthy fat because of the mayonnaise. Use our Weight Watchers Egg Salad recipe for a healthier version with a plain Greek yogurt base.
How many Weight Watchers Points is an egg?
With the new MyWW system for 2020, an egg on MyWW Green is 2 points, on MyWW Blue an egg is 0 points, and on MyWW Purple an egg is 0 points.
Do you love zero point recipes? Be sure to check out our Zero Point Cookbook for even more delicious recipes that are zero WW Freestyle Smart Points.
More WW Posts for You
Pin this WW Recipe for Later