Here’s an amazing Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake recipe that uses just 2 simple ingredients for a delicious dessert you and your family will love. This is an old WW recipe that has been around for many years because it’s easy to put together, low in points, and tastes great.
WW Points for 2 Ingredient Angel Food Cake with Pineapple
Click for WW points directly tracked in app: WW points in app for pineapple cake
This recipe is 6 points per serving for WW Program 2023.
Cut cake into 16 pieces. Extra toppings are additional points.
Weight Watchers Points for Angel Food Cake
Here are the points for angel food cake on WW.
Prepared angel food cake – 1 piece, 1/12 of package – 6 points
Chocolate angel food cake – 1 piece – 8 points
Devotion Nutrition Angel Food Cake Protein Powder – 1 scoop, 2 points
The Holy Mess Lemon Angel Food Cake – 15 points per slice
Ingredients for WW Angel Food Cake
This angel food cake recipe couldn’t be more simple, with just two ingredients:
- I box of angel food cake mix
- 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained, no sugar added
Toppings for Weight Watchers Angel Food Cake
Here are some fun toppings to add to your WW dessert:
- Whipped cream, such as Reddi Whip or Reddi Whip Zero – 1 point for 2 T
- Cool Whip Lite, Original, or Sugar Free – 1 point for 2 T
- Fresh berries, pineapple, or cherries – 0 points
- Light vanilla ice cream, such as Halo Top – 2-3 points
- Shredded coconut, sweetened – 2 T – 1 point
- Chopped nuts or peanuts, 1 T – 2 points
- Macadamia nuts, chopped – 1/2 ounce – 3 points
- 1 tsp rum or coconut extract – 0 points
How to Store Pineapple Cake
Store your pineapple cake for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, covered with a cake lid or plastic wrap.
Cake slices may be frozen for up to 2 months. Wrap pieces individually in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe container.
WW 2 Ingredient Angel Food Cake Recipe – with Step by Step Instructions & Photos
Here are step-by-step instructions for preparing this easy, low point Weightwatchers dessert.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
Be sure to choose pineapple that is no-sugar added or in natural juice.
Step 2: Mix & Pour into Baking Pan
Combine two ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Mix ingredients well. You can mix by hand or use an electric mixer at medium speed for 3 minutes or until fully combined.
Pour the cake batter into a 9×13 baking pan that has been sprayed well with nostick cooking spray. You can also use a round tube or Bundt pan.
Step 3: Bake
Bake cake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. You will know the cake is done when it is brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The pineapple makes this a moist cake, so it’s okay if the toothpick has a few soft crumbs, but there should not be any wet dough.
Allow cake to cool on a cooling rack, and then slice into 16 servings.
Pro tip: Use a serrated knife to cut this cake into even slices.
Serve your cake plain or top with whipped topping (such as light Cool Whip) or light vanilla ice cream, pineapple, strawberries, or cherries.
Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 20 ounces pineapple canned, in juice no sugar added
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix (dry) with undrained can of pineapple. Beat by hand or with electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until combined.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice into 16 servings. Tastes great with light ice cream, light whipped topping, or fruit. (Extra toppings are additional points.) Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 days.
The Points value of these recipes was calculated by this web site and is provided for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval of this web site or its recipes by WW International, Inc.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe is adapted from this Betty crocker pineapple cake recipe.
More WW Dessert Recipes You Will Love
WW Banana Souffle – A quick dessert for one person that is zero points.
WW Cranberry Vanilla Trifles – Great for the holidays or anytime of year
WW Cheesecake – Just 1 point per serving, with endless flavor combinations
WW Crustless Pumpkin Pie – Just 4 points for the entire pie, this is great for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or anytime you want to enjoy fall flavors.
Copycat Aldi Brownie Batter Hummus – Good for you and just 1 point per serving
Banana Nice Cream – An easy plant-based dessert that tastes like soft-serve ice cream.
Sara is a writer, speaker, and 100+ pound weight loss success story. Her website The Holy Mess reaches millions of readers. At Faithful Finish Lines Christian weight loss program, she helps women lose weight and grow in faith with an impressive 36,000+ completing free weight loss challenges under her guidance to date. Click here to read Sara's amazing 100 pound weight loss story. Feel free to send Sara a message here.