Special needs moms – here are 10 encouraging Bible verses to offer you hope, encouragement, and peace.
I drew a shaky breath as I hung up the phone.
The school principal had called.
These calls from my son’s school principal were becoming more frequent… and his behaviors more serious.
When did I become that parent? The one a first name basis with the principal due to her child’s behavior?
This isn’t where I wanted to be.
When you are a mother of a special a needs child, it’s easy for overwhelm to become a normal part of your life.
Raising a child with special needs is challenging.
You continually work to meet other people’s needs. Oh, how easy it is to forget to take care of yourself which leads to exhaustion, anger, and sleep deprivation.
Are a special needs mom who is feeling tired, depleted and run dry? Here are 10 Bible verses of encouragement for the special needs mom to bring you hope today.
10 Bible Verses for Special Needs Mom
Dear mom of kids with special needs,
Use these Bible verses as a source of comfort and strength on the tough days.
- “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33
- “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” -Deuteronomy 31:8
- “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well” -Psalm 139:14
- “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” – Psalm 46:10
- “ Keep your love for one another at full strength, because love covers a multitude of sins.” -1 Peter 4:8
- “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” – Matthew 11:28-29
- “Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.” -Psalm 68:19
- “As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, ‘It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.'” -John 9:1-3
- “The Lord said to him, ‘Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord?’” -Exodus 4:11
- The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.” -Proverbs 14:1
Special needs parents, find encouragement that God promises to never leave you or forsake you.
All parenting is tough, but parenting children with special needs brings additional challenges.
During the times you feel overwhelmed, turn to God for comfort and hope. Remember, God loves your child even more than you do and has a plan for your child’s life that’s beyond what you can imagine.
What Bible verses comfort you during difficult times? Share in the comments below.
More Posts You Will Love
Pin These Verses for Later
FREE Parenting Hacks!
*FREE Smart Parenting Hacks Printables
*10 Printables: House Rules, Lunch Box Notes, Chores, Family Technology Agreement, Clean Eating for Kids.
*Calmer Kids = Happier You!