- 7 Bible Verses for Stress, Worry, and Anxiety
- 7 Tools You Must Have to Stay Organized for Weight Loss and Fitness
- Awesome and Amazing Products to Organize Your Home Office
- How to Have an (Almost Totally) Portable Home Office
- 5 Helpful Tips for Organizing Kids’ School Papers and Schedules
- 5 Easy Steps to Start Going Paperless
- 7 Tips to Stay Organized When You are Super Busy
Are you stressed and anxious about what’s happening in our communities, neighborhoods and even our country? Are you overwhelmed with schedules, paperwork, and endless to-do lists? You aren’t alone. This list of Bible verses for stress will provide you with the strength and peace that only God can provide.
Turn to God in Stressful Times
We can talk about tips and tricks to help with stress, but if we don’t have the right foundation, the house will fall like a deck of cards in a hurricane. That’s why first things first: as the number one post in the new series, 7 Days to Calm the Clutter, today I share with you 7 Bible verses for when you are stressed and disorganized.
I purposely did not prepare a printable of these verses. I seriously had to hold myself back because I love making printables, and these are awesome verses to put on note cards around your house. I believe that there is power in writing out Scripture in your own hand, so I encourage you to copy these verses into your journal or onto note cards so that you see them daily.
Bible Verses For Stress
Learn more about what the Bible says about stress with these bible verses about stress and hard times
What does God say about stress and anxiety?
Finding peace in the midst of turmoil.
As someone who knows the struggle of stress and anxiety, I know how hard it is to find peace in the midst of a stressful situation. When you feel anxious about something, you generally try to do all that is in your power to control the situation. When you can’t control it, you become even more stressed. So how do we stop this downward spiral of anxious turmoil?
Here are helpful Bible verses for times for worry and stress or when you are overwhelmed.
Philippians 4:6 ESV “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
John 14:27 ESV “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
Psalm 55:22 ESV “Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.”
Psalm 118:5-6 ESV “Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
What Are Good Bible Verses For Anxiety?
All of us experience stress at times. But for some people, ongoing feelings of stress lead to anxiety. According to Mayo Clinic, anxiety is frequently having intense, excessive and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations. Anxiety can be a medical condition and we encourage you to seek the help of a doctor or therapist.
The Bible is there for us to turn to in any kind stress, but especially when we’re anxious about what’s going on in life. Bible verses for stress and anxiety usually highlight how God is there for us in times of worry. Not only does He want to help us deal with our concerns and our stress, He actually doesn’t want us to feel stressed at all. He wants us to rest in His peace.
Click here to learn more about The Hope Toolbox and how it can help you with sadness and depression.
Here are some helpful Bible verses if you deal with anxiety.
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7
Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you. Isaiah 35:4
Writing Out Scripture To Help With Stress Relief
I believe in the power of God’s Word and Scripture writing or Bible journaling is a great way to do this.
Bible reading plans can help you grow in your faith and wisdom in the Lord. The Bible says faith comes by hearing. (Romans 10:17) Reading out loud and writing out the Word is how you feed and nurture your faith.
Here are some of our most popular Bible reading plans that are helpful for times of stress, anxiety, or depression:
There is something incredibly powerful about writing God’s word in your own handwriting. Write these verses on cards and tape them up around your house to meditate on throughout this next week.
Writing out God’s Word gets it deep into your heart and soul. Use some pretty markers and paper, or write the words on simple note cards. Either way, meditate on God’s Word and allow the Holy Spirit to use this time to speak to you. In whatever areas of life you feel stressed and frazzled, God will use His Word to speak into your life in meaningful ways.
7 Bible Verses for When You Are Stressed
Use these Bible verses to offer you ongoing encouragement for when you are stressed and disorganized.
- Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands give me delight. Psalm 119:143
- Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27
- Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4
- Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
- For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 3:11
- Out of my distress I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me free. Psalm 118:5
How To Use Bible Verses To Decrease Stress
Day 1 in Calm the Clutter Series
- Write out Bible verse note cards.
- Post them in your home.
7 Days to Calm the Clutter
Join our series for 7 days to calm the clutter in your life.
All this week we will talk about how to calm the clutter and stay organized. This series is full of tips, tips, tips!
Who doesn’t love quick tips and tricks? These are great take-aways you can use right away.
Follow along as we go or take it at your own pace.
Pin these 7 Bible Verses for Stress to read later
Find an Organized You.
7 Days to Calm the Clutter.
* Make your home office portable.
* Go paperless -- for newbies!
* Organize for weight loss & fitness
* Daily action steps