Check out these 3-ingredient egg bites for a perfect quick and easy meal prep breakfast option. These are so simple to make and great for an on the go first meal of the day with plenty of protein and delicious flavor.
Weight Watchers Points for Egg Bites
Our three-ingredient egg bites are zero (0) points for WW 2023 program. Click here to track points directly in WW app.
By comparison, here are the WW points for other egg bites:
- Bacon and cheese sous-vide egg bites – 3 points for 1 item
- JUST egg sous vide egg bites – 6 points for 2 bites
- Starbucks Kale and Mushroom Egg Bites – 6 points for 1 order
Tips for Making Meal Prep Egg Muffins
Here are some helpful tips for preparing these egg bites:
- Add veggies! People who follow me know I’m a huge fan of adding vegetables to almost any recipe I can. Try adding some handfuls of spinach or cooked mushrooms or onions to these egg bites. Shredded zucchini would be a great option, too.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese. Because these muffin eggs are zero points, you can add a sprinkle of cheese like shredded American, Cheddar, or Parmesan (count additional points).
- Serve these bites with a side of no-sugar bacon, turkey sausage, or hash browns cooked with cooking spray or a small amount of oil. Click here for more WW low-point breakfast ideas.
How to Meal Prep Egg Bites
These egg bites are perfect to meal prep on the weekends and keep on hand for a week of on-the-go breakfasts.
Allow egg bites to cool completely. Store in a container with a lid or in a zipper bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To reheat, heat for 30 seconds in the microwave or 20 minutes in the air fryer or oven at 350 degrees F, until hot throughout.
While these egg bites can be frozen, the texture becomes mushy when reheated, so I don’t recommend it.
Top 5 Most Popular Weight Watchers Egg Recipes
If you enjoy this 3-ingredient breakfast, be sure to check out our other egg recipes.
- WW Ham and Egg Cups – These easy egg cups have deli ham, cheese, and egg. Cook in a muffin tin.
- WW Egg Salad – Zero points for this egg salad made with Greek yogurt.
- Low Carb Southwest Egg Muffins – These egg muffins have ham and a southwest flavor with a bit of spice.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs – Eggs cooked in the Instant Pot have a shell that slips off like a dream.
- WW Banana Souffle – This zero point dessert or snack, featured in the Holy Mess 3 day diet, is full of protein and with just two ingredients.
Instant Pot Egg Bites
A popular variation of this recipe is to make Starbucks copycat sous vide egg bites in the Instant Pot. Click here for a no-fail Instant Pot Egg Bites recipe from So Very Blessed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Meal Prep Eggs
For the traditional smaller size of egg bites, an egg bite maker works best. We used a muffin tin for our egg bites. They are a bit larger and more hardy.
Yes, egg bites are very healthy with protein and healthy fat in every serving. Our egg bite recipe is especially healthy with just Greek yogurt and salad added.
Yes, eggs are zero point on WW Program 2023.
Reheat egg bites in the microwave for 30 seconds or until warm in the middle. They can also be reheated in the oven or air fryer. Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot throughout.
While egg bites can be frozen, I find that they turn a bit rubbery and watery when reheated. I recommend eating them fresh or storing them for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
WW Egg Bites – Just 4 Easy Steps with Photos
Here’s how to make easy egg bites.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
The ingredients for these meal prep breakfast bites are eggs, salsa, and non-fat Greek plain yogurt. All the ingredients are zero points, which means you can enjoy this as a zero point meal.
Step 2: Mix & Pour into Muffin Tins
You might still be some small bits of yogurt in your mixture, which is fine.
Grease the muffin tin VERY well or the egg mixture will stick. I used cooking spray. Each muffin tin will be almost full. I used a small soup ladle to make this easier.
Step 3: Bake
Bake eggs in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean. Do not underbake or the muffins will not come out of the pan without sticking or breaking.
Allow to cool, the remove the egg bites from the muffin tin.
Step 4: Serve & Enjoy
Serve these muffin eggs with fruit and if desired, additional Greek yogurt and salsa for topping. You could also serve these with a side of lean bacon or turkey sausage.
You can’t go wrong with these healthy, high-protein eggs to start your day right. These are great for you or for anyone in your family.
3-Ingredient Egg Bites
- muffin tin silicone preferred but not required
- soup ladle optional
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray VERY WELL.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat.
- Add yogurt and salsa and stir to combine. (There might still be some small lumps of the yogurt. That is okay.)
- Divide mixture evenly into a 12 muffin tin. The mixture will go almost to the top. I used a small (came with my silverware) soup ladle and 3 ladles was perfect for each muffin cup.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the cups comes out clean. Do not underbake as this makes them hard to get out of the muffin tin.
- Allow egg bites to cool for about 10 minutes and then remove from muffin tin. Serve warm or allow to cool completely before storing in the fridge or freezer.
What’s your favorite zero point WW breakfast? Share in the comments below.
More WW Recipes You Will Love
7 Day Basic WW Meal Plan – with Free PDF Printable