We all know it’s really important to eat breakfast every day, and I’ve learned I need a hearty breakfast with plenty of protein to start my day right. These low carb Southwest Breakfast Egg Muffins are sure to delight and give you the boost you need to get through the day.
While not technically a muffin, the shape makes these fun to eat and portable for easy, on-the-go nutrition at the start of a busy day.
These Low Carb Southwest Breakfast Egg Muffins work for a variety of diet options.
Weight Watchers – These muffins are low in WW Points per muffin.
Keto – This is a Keto-friendly option as written. Consider swapping skim milk for heavy cream.
Paleo – Use a paleo-friendly meat option.
These muffins freeze well. Flash freeze (individually) on a cookie sheet for 2 hours, then bag and label.
Low Carb Southwest Breakfast Egg Muffins with Step by Step Instructions
These low carb southwest breakfast egg muffins have the full punch of your favorite Mexican flavors. Protein and healthy fats will help you feel satisfied until lunch.
Low Carb Southwest Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed and diced
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set to the side.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Add in the ham, jalapeños, spinach and tomatoes.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin pan.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and set them to the side to cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with some avocado chunks and fresh cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
The W W Points value of these recipes was calculated by this web site and is provided for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval of this web site or its recipes by WW International, Inc.
Post updated January 2023 for Weight Watchers points.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set to the side.
Add in the ham, jalapeños, spinach and tomatoes. Stir to combine.
Pour the mixture evenly into each muffin cup.
Bake for around 20-25 minutes in the oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove the muffins from the oven and set them to the side to cool for a few minutes. Garnish with some avocado chunks and fresh cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite healthy breakfast? Share in the comments below.
More Posts You Will Love
Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups – Quick and easy meal prep for low points