What is Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower rice is simply cauliflower that is cut into the shape of tiny pieces like rice. There is no rice in it.
How to Use Cauliflower Rice
Weight Watchers Points Cauliflower Rice
Freestyle – 0 points per serving.
MyWW Blue – 0 points per serving.
MyWW Green – 0 points per serving.
MyWW Purple – 0 points per serving.
Steps to Make Cauliflower Rice from Frozen Cauliflower
Here are the steps to make cauliflower rice from a 16 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower.
Open bag of frozen cauliflower rice and pour into a microwave safe bowl. Do not add water.
Cook frozen cauliflower in microwave for 3-5 minutes. Your goal is for the cauliflower to be softened but not totally unfrozen or mushy.
Remove from microwave and stir, breaking up any large chunks.
Add cauliflower to food processor. Depending on the size of your food processor, you may need to do this in batches.
Pulse food processor a couple times to get a rice-like consistency. Do not over blend. If you overmix, you will have a cauliflower puree instead of rice.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can make this in a high-power blender such as a Vitamix or Ninja Foodie. We don’t recommend attempting this recipe in a typical blender which isn’t powerful enough to give you the consistency you want for rice.
Remove rice and return to bowl. Cook in microwave an additional 3-5 minutes, until hot throughout. Stir and season to taste then serve.
Cauliflower Rice From Frozen Cauliflower
- food processor
- 1- 16 oz bag frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add whole package of frozen cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3-5 minutes. You want the cauliflower to be soft enough to work with but not mushy. It's okay if it's still somewhat frozen.
- Stir cauliflower and break apart any frozen chunks.
- Add to the food processor. Pulse for a few seconds until you get a rice like consistency. Don't overdo it or you'll have a puree.
- Add salt to taste. Place cauliflower back in the microwave and cook for 4-5 minutes more, stirring halfway though.
How do you eat cauliflower rice? Share in the comments below.
More Healthy Recipes You Will Love
I Tried Keto for Weight Loss and This is What Happened – I used the Keto method for weight loss and here is what I learned.
Low Carb Southwest Breakfast Egg Muffins – Egg muffins that are perfect for easy breakfast meal prep.
Paleo/Keto Greek Cabbage with Bacon – This stir-fried cabbage makes a great breakfast or dinner side dish.
Pin this Recipe for Later